Anne Dawson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

caretodiffer

Registered Shopper
Over the years, Anne Dawson has been called a few names, and criticised about her looks and choice of clothes and the condition of her hair. Most of the time she really deserved them, but recently, her looks have improved and she sometimes looks quite presentable.

I have never minded her , and there are other presenters with worse problems .

I am watching the Elemis hour now and Anne looks very good. Her hair is at her best so far, she has good make up on and whatever she has used on her face, such as lipstick, eye make up etc suits her very much.

She is wearing a purple top on( I think it is a Young Kim..I could be wrong, it is a purple top with a zip up style) and that colour really suits her. At this hour, Anne looks more presentable and pleasing to the eyes than any of the usual "glamour" presenters.

I wish she would use similar clothes and make up in future :nod:

I've always liked Anne but a Glasgow accent can be an acquired taste. I thought she was looking much better lately and I like her personality. I never turn her off but I do turn Chloe off now every time she's on. Can't watch.

CC

I like Anne. I think she makes the best of her looks, and does it much better than many of the other presenters.

She is probably the presenter who is most like the general Q viewers, ie normal and not botoxed, fake tanned etc. but perhaps we don't like to admit we aren't all beauties.

When she was Zumba mad she lost a lot of weight but appears to have gained it again. I imagine in real life she is probably much slimmer than she appears.

She has had problems with thinning hair for some time but I think this could be disguised by a more suitable style. I don't think her style does anything for her, even if it was thicker, and I certainly don't like the colour.

I always think she suits the glasses when she wears them.

If she would just stop shouting and soften her tone, she would be much easier to listen to.

Cant stand the woman and living with that voice would drive me crazy.:mysmilie_13:
She has toned down her voice also. She used to talk quite loud in the early days and also used to say some silly things that made me wonder if she was a bit drunk, but she seems to have changed. If only she would stop wearing those silly baggy trousers ( similar to harem trousers...I think they are Join trousers) that does nothing to her type of figure. I am sure they are comfortable , but not at all flattering on Anne.

I've always liked Anne but a Glasgow accent can be an acquired taste. I thought she was looking much better lately and I like her personality. I never turn her off but I do turn Chloe off now every time she's on. Can't watch.

CC

At first her accent was amusing, and the way she said "hoop" earrings made the studio people laugh, but the novelty wore off. She also used to get very excited over the things she was presenting and her voice used to rise and it was painful to the ears, but thankfully she seems to have overcome that.

I like Anne. I think she makes the best of her looks, and does it much better than many of the other presenters.

She does not try to brain wash the viewers into buying things and when she says she likes something, I believe her. She does not say that " love-love" them or "cannot live without" them or how "you all know how much" she loves them.She has also learned to let the guests speak about the products (she was also guilty of taking over guests in the early days)
I hope she continues to improve.

She is probably the presenter who is most like the general Q viewers, ie normal and not botoxed, fake tanned etc. but perhaps we don't like to admit we aren't all beauties.

When she was Zumba mad she lost a lot of weight but appears to have gained it again. I imagine in real life she is probably much slimmer than she appears.

She has had problems with thinning hair for some time but I think this could be disguised by a more suitable style. I don't think her style does anything for her, even if it was thicker, and I certainly don't like the colour.

I always think she suits the glasses when she wears them.

If she would just stop shouting and soften her tone, she would be much easier to listen to.

I think you have summed her up beautifully loveallthingsitalian :nod:

This might sound bitchy but not meant as such. I find her accent grates on my ears and I often wonder if she exaggerates it ? I sometimes think the same about Craig's Bristol accent. Perhaps they worry about losing their natural accents living away from home but over-compensate ?

It's the "half inch increments" that gets me, and the "yeh know" that she says way too often. I Channel hopped once and heard her say it twenty times one minute, once you homed in on one, you couldn't help but notice them.

Better than Jill Franks who is on at the moment and flirts with every man she is on with.

I saw Anne on a clip on the beauty channel the other day, presumably a quite recent clip, and I had to do a double take as I thought she looked really good! It wasn't on long enough for me to figure out quite what it was that had made the difference, but there was definitely something.

Incidentally, I live about 25 miles outside of Glasgow and the accent even gets on my nerves :wink: It's just one of those unfortunate accents that do that - I actually cringe when I hear news reports on the TV where they've interviewed "the locals" and I think WHY?, why did you choose that person with that accent and allow that to be broadcast! :giggle:

I think Anne has improved in appearance quite considerably over the last couple of years. The presenter whose delivery sometimes leaves me quite bewildered is Jilly. I remember watching one night when she closed every item with "this will stand you in really good stead...well worth going for". She seemed to be on auto pilot.

It's the "half inch increments" that gets me, and the "yeh know" that she says way too often. I Channel hopped once and heard her say it twenty times one minute, once you homed in on one, you couldn't help but notice them.

:) Yes, she does say " yer know" often,I wonder if the Q presenters ever watch their shows afterwards :doh:

Better than Jill Franks who is on at the moment and flirts with every man she is on with.

I cringe when she calls them "hello my lovely " and kisses them so loudly! The other day she asked a male guest " where have you been all my life" :giggle:
She says things like " I absolutely love this man " :nod:

Ann is on at present and she really does look pretty good. Would be even better with slightly shorter and a much softer colour hairstyle . You can see that with the longer hair away from her face and it all a bit more fluffy how it softens her.

Latest posts

Back