Another presenter thread..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lemonsqueezy

Nice 'n Easy...
I know there has been a lot of speculation and comments about presenters recently,but after a break from watching QVC I tuned in today for the Aurora show, and I really cannot believe Claire Sutton's presenting style is how the Q would like to be represented.

I honestly couldn't watch,the saccharine sweet voice,patronising manner,coquetish glances to camera,fake squeels of delight and child like wonderment at the products.
Really it was way too much and I cannot understand how she is allowed to carry on like this.

Now Claire is more than likely a nice woman, but in my opinion she is a really poor presenter and unless the vast majority of the QVC customers is under the age of 5 yrs old she needs to raise her game and present to adults like an adult.:muscle:

I don't really like or dislike Claire tbh, I much prefer her style of presenting to the hard sell of Debbie flint or Jill franks though.

I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but if I had to choose who to watch between CS and JF, I'd have to choose JF - and I can't stand her, so that tells you what I think of CS! Watching CS is like watching Jackanory. And if I hear her talking about her "Mummy" one more time . . . . .

And if I hear her talking about her "Mummy" one more time . . . . .

It's probably not up to me or anyone else to say but if you are past 10 years old and call your mum "mummy" I would keep it to yourself. To broadcast it on national TV is beyond me unless you're so posh it's normal. I've come to accept hearing it from Claire but I have to say it sounds ridiculous.

CC

I think it's sometimes a regional thing, still saying mummy as an adult. Mind you, she's eradicated her Lancashire accent and non of my school friends back in Lancs say mummy so I think it's just an affectation.

Last edited:
Well I grew up in Blackburn and I think I stopped calling mum mummy when I was a young child. However, I'm not saying it's wrong but it just sounds a bit odd when you're a grown woman. Each to their own.

CC

I know an "old money" posh person who's children (late 20's and 30's) still call her mummy. It is the same type of poshness where it is not deemed rude to say "what" when they mean "pardon, I didn't hear you".

You have heard of the Chuckle Brothers?

CHuntley and CS are the Twee Sisters. Clare has for years been doing her I missed the job on Tiny Tots TV, CHuntley the gushing sugar sweet(whilst begging customers not to buy all of a particular item which she missed buying before the show started) backside licking the guest on with her.

I hate the bimbo thing she does and baby talk, and I know she's putting it on because I have seen her act normal before on occasion. But she's still more bearable than Chuntley.

Latest posts

Back