Another QVC traitor

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I see there is a lock and lock show on at 2 o'clock on thursday 26 March. So, as with Paul McKenna, here we have another peddlar who makes his/her reputation on QVC and then goes on board with IW as well.
Let's face it, there are a lot of viewers - myself included - who would not buy from IW, unless the product had an already tried and tested reputation. Lock and Lock is like a QVC institution, and I for one will be buying any further LL orders from QVC, no matter what price IW offers.
QVC want to start being more firm with their suppliers and insert a clause into the contract preventing them from supplying to another tv channel.
This still won't save IW!

Why would a seller want to be stuck with selling on just one channel - not good for business.

Alan

They only seem to have one set of L&L so don't think QVC will be too worried.

There is nothing to stop IW buying in stocks of Lock & Lock from anywhere and selling it themselves. It has been on before and it was nothing to do with Malcolm Harradine. I should imagine QVC used someone else today because he was busy elsewhere and it was a one off slot in a one off show. Malcolm hardly made his reputation on QVC anyway, he has represented many cookware products over the years including Judge and Stellar, which I believe he still represents, as he tours the country with his cookery demonstrations.

they had alice collins fashion on earlier at 3PM that is another QVC one
but i cant blame L&L for wanting to sell on there as well it makes perfect business sense

Definitely looks like AC has jumped ship because two days ago when I discovered that IW were selling the brand too, all AC items were full price. Now, bar one, which is probably a mistake, they are all in clearance or last clicks.

surely a bit of competition can only be a good thing? If QVC and Ideal World both sell the same stuff in theory it should lead to lower prices for us?

surely a bit of competition can only be a good thing? If QVC and Ideal World both sell the same stuff in theory it should lead to lower prices for us?

I agree, it will be the customers who win in the end.

While it is only supplied by QVC, they can charge high prices for the product.

At the end of last year Home & Bargains was selling 350ml (HPL806) for only 39p each. They only had limited supply of sizes, but far cheaper the QVC ever had them.

QVC are not the only places you can get Lock and LOck, Lakeland, and John Lewis/Waitrose, are both big guns.

sorry just seen this thread this might sound like a daft question but are qvc still going to sell lock and lock ????.

QVC are not the only places you can get Lock and LOck, Lakeland, and John Lewis/Waitrose, are both big guns.

Hehe! Definitely. They don't get this big just selling in one outlet-
"Lock&Lock is expected to take over more than 20% of the global market in the next 5 years to become the world’s leading food storage container."
(IW website)

Latest posts

Back