antthony

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Where is he at ?? not his own outfit tonight, but his 'new' designs ! these designers don't know what else to do, he is still churning out the hi-low hems on tops and frocks, and the 'new' tops with the little brass bit across the neckline has been a staple at QVC for decades; also who wants a top with one full sleeve and a cape for the other arm - well not exactly something to wear to the supermarket, which is our only outing at the moment.

Don't get me started on the god-awful prints he's meant to have designed himself, like Kimmy, I suppose anything will do for the peasant public; hardly the stuff that we see anyone who has money would be seen dead in.

I suppose we must give thanks that the cold shoulder is dead and gone.

Years ago in true QVC style, I got sent the wrong order, three Antthony “designs” tops, out of curiosity I opened them to try them on and without a word of a lie, they were the most uncomfortable, ill fitting, poor quality clothes I’d ever tried on......ever. How he’s stayed in business all these years is anyone’s guess, can only sumise he’s got a diary hidden somewhere with all the names in. 😂.

Just read Mark's have bought Jaeger,not shops but the brand.

Not seen any Jaeger clothes for ages so not sure if they are still as good as they were.
When EWM went belly up I had a look at Jaeger's history & the brand's been owned by practically everyone except me! I've bought a few older pieces from eBay & they are beautifully made & look good even though they're old girls.

We used to have a Jaeger outlet store nearby and Mr L bought quite a few suits there. I bought a few tops but they didn’t wash well. I bought a bag but don’t even remember using it.

Jaeger was a very stylish and well made brand .When first I stated work on my £ 11 a week , I so wanted a Jaeger wool coat.Now a brand name is bought but bears no relation to what it once was. Frank Usher, Halston, to name a few.
Maybe M&S will do something special with it .I find the quality of their clothes has deteriorated except maybe for Autograph.

I should add I saw the Anthony show and the two pairs of polyester trousers for 60 quid in lurid colours made me laugh. The way he was talking about them as special when they are just bog standard stretchy pants as he calls them.

I think most of QVC clothes are from the same factory with just the labels added Kim&Co looks like a better range for quality. Marla Wynne is way overpriced but the styles can be quite nice just poorly executed specially for the price point

Where is he at ?? not his own outfit tonight, but his 'new' designs ! these designers don't know what else to do, he is still churning out the hi-low hems on tops and frocks, and the 'new' tops with the little brass bit across the neckline has been a staple at QVC for decades; also who wants a top with one full sleeve and a cape for the other arm - well not exactly something to wear to the supermarket, which is our only outing at the moment.

Don't get me started on the god-awful prints he's meant to have designed himself, like Kimmy, I suppose anything will do for the peasant public; hardly the stuff that we see anyone who has money would be seen dead in.

Amen to that Brissles! It's never made any dress or top look a bit more interesting - just makes the wearer look cheap and tawdry.
I just had a quick peep at some of his designs and yep, the hems are all over the place, the patterns are hideous, sleeves that look like they've been caught on a barbed wire fence, metal embellishments, asymmetric shapes and patterns....WTF?!
I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting my wardrobe to be full of classic timeless clothes (and that doesn't have to mean frumpy or boring). I want my blouses and tops to have two matching sleeves, if a garment has buttons, I want a full set, not just one randomly placed somewhere, I'd like my hems to be even all the way round and properly stitched into place, the seams on my trousers need to be sewn right down to the bottom whatever the length, and definitely not have frilly bits added, I don't want metal embellishments sewn in, call me old fashioned but I'd rather wear jewellery. I don't want to give myself or anyone else a headache just by looking at me, I don't want to sweat buckets, or wear a couple of fabric squares tacked together. Finally I don't want to pay through the nose for crap.

I think I've just about covered Q's entire range of fashion!!!

He is not on as much as he used to be he said in October he would be back in January.

The hi-lo hems imo only look good if its a maxi dress, any shorter and it looks ridiculous. On the models we kept being told that the front hem was 'just below' the knee, well not on my screen it wasn't. The model had knee length boots on and the frock came above the knee - not a good look for any woman of a certain age no matter how good their legs are - unless opaques are worn.

These designers from across the pond, as said before, clearly churn out one standard pattern in garish prints that Mrs mid-America really love and are grateful for, who no doubt lives 'out on the range' , miles away from shopping malls, but have a good postal service ideal for selly telly, Well, we are a bit more discerning in the UK.

Latest posts

Back