Any advice on a new website please?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

livelovelaugh

Registered Shopper
Hello everyone!
I wonder if any of you lovely people may be able to help give any hints/ideas or advice on a new website that I am trying to launch:

I am a property developer, landlord and project manager. I am not an expert but because of all the jobs I have done I am often asked for advice but obviously my knowledge only goes so far and time allows for only so much to ever be offered.

I want it to be a place where people can get free honest advice and be able to recommend people and companies for those times when you have not got a recommendation from someone you know.

So, I set up www.EverythingYouNeedToKnowAboutProperty.co.uk

I have not sent it out to anyone yet, I am just slowly filling it out with information and I am trying to give it a feel of what it will offer....but I am looking for any views...If anyone has a moment to let me know their thoughts I would be very very grateful.

Please let me know your honest views and what the site would be able to offer to make you more interested in it...

I think it looks wonderful!

Could I make one suggestion? Apologies if I missed this, but I think you need some sort of disclaimer, just in case something goes wrong.

You know the sort of situation - someone follows, say, plumbing advice, they set to and flood their house, then try to sue, claiming that the website gave them misleading ... blah blah.

I'm no legal expert on this, heaven knows, but I'm sure others can advise.

Oh, and perhaps a 'no spam' rule, so that you can kick off anyone trying to use your website to blag free advertising for their roofing business ... ?

I think the website's a terrific idea - there are loads of jobs around the house that I'd tackle if I felt more confident.

Hi Sublime,
Thank-you for such a helpful and kind post. I have no idea of legalities or rules on these things so will look it all up... It is all a bit new to me!

I like the idea that there are others out there who may be able to find the site helpful - I really hope that this will be the case!

Much thanks, once again xx

I looked at it very briefly (about 30 seconds!!!) & read a post about having good people being key, so I wondered if things would be organised in area/locations as there is no point in me finding someone on there who is ace if they are a million miles away
Edit: ahh have seen that it looks like it will be organised that way - but no link was provided to the people you mentioned - if I google them how can I be sure I click on the people you mention?

Last edited:
Hi Pepsidoodle,
Thanks for the ideas, they are good points you make and I will look at trying to get it sorted.

I am trying to arrange everything by location and A-Z of type of work, firstly so people can find the right contact and also so they can post and review others. I am so daft not to put contact details in! Thank-you for pointing it out!!!!

Much thanks xx

Latest posts

Back