Anyone like The New Gemtv Website...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mirabelle

Registered Shopper
Just refreshed the Gemstv Website...It's all dfferent again!!
Does anyone like it!..
I think the new Gemstv website looks awful it's dull and drab and I for one am not impressed with it.. :down:

Mirabelle :flower:

Looks nice but I am sorry as a bit of a amateur web designer myself, the whole concept of the 'coming soon' page should have died out 5 years ago, a site should be fully made or just take off the item in the menu until you finish it. I have found two such coming soon already and it puts me right off. Looks good though.

PJ

Full of the usual spelling and grammatical errors, which looks most unprofessional.

"While your here why not meet our team of presenters"

Is it so difficult to differentiate between your and you're? Apparently so.

Also, there appears to be a problem when requesting a web auction, I specified a size 5 in a ring, and the system then froze and wouldn't allow me to click the request button. Tried it with numerous other rings and had the same result.

Last edited:
And the online auctions according to the blurb are supposed to be less than 4 minutes, have seen several 10 minutes plus!!!! :eek:

I think it looks OK. However, at first I couldn't view my jewellery certificates; now I can't even login! :angry: It's appears it's the usual teething problems with Gems whenever they decide to redeisgn/upgrade their web services. Don't they ever test these things before they go 'live'?

coming soon !!!!

Why launch an incomplete site!!! Coming soon to a cinema near you!!! starring hard sell presenters screeching and burbling away!! on the TV Same stuff different package!! change for change sake the never ending wheel has turned again, and this time poor old Rockstv fell off!!!!!

Not wild about it, though I have gone off Gems. Spent a bit of time looking at the falling auctions... when the "price keeps falling until the time clock reaches zero" doesn't exactly hold, watched 2 items that stuck at their final price with nearly 3 minutes on the clock. And 12 minutes per auction? 5 or even 3 seems much more appropriate, especially if it is only going to fall to a certain amount.

I haven't watched or looked at Gems, but am getting my bling fix from TJC and of course my beading :giggle:

QVC last clicks have a few bargains too!!

And the online auctions according to the blurb are supposed to be less than 4 minutes, have seen several 10 minutes plus!!!! :eek:

The blurb has been changed to read "less than twelve minutes" now.

I had a quick look at the web auctions and Onyx and Marc. earrings closed at £72 :mysmilie_466: :mysmilie_506: :mysmilie_468:

Wonder if they make any sales via the web auctions :cheeky:

I have just seen a web auction close at £59 yet you can buy the item straight off the web for £42!!! :eek:

Edit: just watched another close at £145 yet it can be bought for £77!!!

Last edited:
Some fallng auction... just watched a necklace sit there for 9 minutes without changing price after an initial fall, and still way over the auction price I bought it for a month or two ago.

I appear to be the odd one out! I like the new look as it's far easier to navigate around.

For example, you can get to all 3 sites via the home button (although if in Jewellery Maker you have to use the back button as it looks to be configured differently). However, it means only logging in once not every time you go into each site, order history can be obtained on all of them (again, not just on one site) etc etc.

There appears to be gremlins but I'm sure these will be worked through once the system has been up and running for a week or two. It must be difficult if you design a website but are not an end user to get it right. The falling auctions getting stuck etc., is probably one of those gremlins that they need to fix.

It's early days but it gets the thumbs up from me so far.

Last edited:
In many ways I much prefer the news website - big plus you can buy items straight off the web without having to go to auction and I have noted several pieces on the web at the same price or a few pounds cheaper than they sell for in the so called "genuine falling auctions". The online auctions seem a bit shambolic though at the moment

Additionally the length of bracelets/pieces seems to be filtering in as well so good stuff

The colours on the new site are pretty drab and as ever, there are spelling mistakes all over the place (whoever does the photos and inputting for Gems really needs some refresher training). I note the comments received by Mirabelle from Sarah B. I suggest Chat and live help facilities come back pronto as without it Gems have nothing unique and are much the same as any other jewellery site. Have to say though a huge thumbs up for getting rid of the red window at the back of the set - it looked cheap and always reminded me of a certain area of Amsterdam :grin:

Just a thought!

On a slowish computer the home page loads slowly, another click for Watch Us Live and a third click for the live website and then.............I have to log in! In the past, speed of loading straight onto the live auction page and already being permanently logged in has given me the chance to snatch some nice stuff at good prices. Now I fear it will be more
turtleanimation.gif
than
hare.jpg

But never mind.........as anyway I'm supposed to be on the ole wagon with youknowwho! :happy:

Happy New year to all posters and chatters - CHAT coming back ?? I thought this had died and gone to heaven due to innapropriate posting and threats to Rocks of legal action - hmmm await with interest - not really sure about the new format - not a lot to attract me atm. Was disappointed in my last small order - Silver Chain was great but labradorite ring was very poor quality gemstone not at all the quality of Lab Ive had in the past from Rocks and also damaged - setting was also damaged - my credit seems to have disapeared so the total cost of buying a present for someone and sending it back as damaged is £6.95 since I sent it back for the first time ever recorded (£2.00) instead of £5.20 special delivery. I will email them after the holiday and hope to get my postage refunded.

I have stopped ordering for three reasons - prices, length of time for refund and style of jewellery on offer atm.

Suggestions for improvements:

1. On the online boutique page have the ability to move to the next page at the bottom and the top. At the moment it's at the top only so you scroll down and then have to scroll up to turn the page.

2. Have the ability to search for a word in a title. For example, if I wanted to find a "stacker" ring and didn't know which collection it was from, I wouldn't be able to. A simple search facility would solve this.

3. As we've all said before, please make the photos realistic. They are dire. If I can do it then surely it can be done!!!

4. Again, as others have said, please sort out the spelling errors.

5. On the main GemsTV live auction page, it's impossible to see the live screening and the photo underneath completely. Since the gemstone sizes and clarity are at the bottom, it means having to scroll down to see the clarity of diamonds. Why can't this be moved to the black summary box on the right hand side of the screen? It would simply mean an addition of "Clarity ....... I1" etc

Still playing so I'm sure they'll be more!

More suggestions for updates to the website:

1. Allow customers to stay logged in. For some reason, I log in and then after a period of time it appears that I'm automatically logged out (about 30 minutes I think). With the old GemsTV website, you were permanently logged in (if you wanted to be).

2. On the "Account history" page, against each item that has been ordered, it would be helpful to say if the item has (a) been returned and (b) been refunded. That way it would cut down on the number of queries that I expect Gems receive saying "have you received ...." and "have I been refunded .....".

I have no clue whether anybody is reading this forum anymore (from GemsTV I mean!) but here are a few more suggestions for changes to the website once it's more stable:

1. In the search function, there is no "multi" function under the gemstones. Therefore if you're looking for a multi-gemstone piece you have to search through everything etc.

2. It would be useful to be able to search by item code number.

3. On the "my account" page, if you click on an order, you can't get up the item details of each piece - you can only see a photo. It would be helpful to be able to click on the item and for it to link to the page where you get more details.

4. GemsTV used to give the option of a Saturday delivery (for an extra cost) and also to choose the day of delivery. Both options were fabulous additions and really tempted me to keep a basket going - and I'm sure I'm not the only one!

Latest posts

Back