Apatite frenzy - and some other bits...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

PearlyQueen

Liverpool Supporter
OK, moment of truth, here's the biggie!
It all started when Rocks TV failed to deliver a couple of apatite rings I wanted as a birthday present. I stalked off to look for alternatives, remembered one of my favourite apatite rings was from tjc, took a look at their website on the offchance and....oops!
apatitefrenzy087d.jpg

Very classic style octagon apatite and diamond ring. I've had this one resized at Stanley's who did a great job on it.

apatitefrenzy008d.jpg

Another octagon apatite, this one is more blue than green, so the two look fairly different in the flesh. The accents are white topaz.

apatitefrenzy189.jpg

Now this was a major bargain aquamarine. There was no pic on the website but at £5.40 after discount I felt it was worth a look. I was far from disappointed, it's really nice and looks far more expensive than it was. It's really clear and has a decent colour too, while the channel set white topaz on the shoulders are a nice accent.

apatitefrenzy184d.jpg

How scrummy is this??? I know all you purists out there will think it's far too fussy, but I LOVE it!!! The neon blue apatite is bright and noticable, the green apatite centre stone is clear and strongly coloured, and the whole lot is accented with sparkly danburite, my first taste of this stone.

apatitefrenzy180.jpg

apatitefrenzy154d.jpg

OK, I admit it, I fell for the bumf in the delivery and had to take a look at Bondi tanzanite in the flesh! In the end I ordered a total of five rings for a look and these are the two that stayed. The colour is a bit of a mixed bag, as you can probably see the flower one is much paler than the pears here, of the returns one was somewhere between the two, but a tiny solitaire and very expensive. The second was probably the pick of the crop in objective terms, being pure green, but I actually found the colour very unappealing, while the third just looked like washed out lilac tanzy, with no green at all, so it was all a bit hit and miss. However, the ones I kept have a nice mix of blue and green, and I kind of like the novelty value. The pears are a much nicer colour if I'm honest, but I loved the design of the other one so it stayed too!

apatitefrenzy177d.jpg

On screen this looked a bit squat, so I initially didn't even consider it. However, it later dropped massively in price so I ended up adding it to an order, just in case. In real life the proportions are much more appealing, and it's a huge amount of apatite look for the money.

apatitefrenzy157d.jpg

The design on this one's a bit mad, but it does add a bit more presence to a smallish trilliant. I might have been disappointed if the stone itself wasn't so glowy and gorgeous, but I also quite like the quirkiness of the design.

apatitefrenzy124d.jpg

This little pearly necklace is just really cute in the flesh, a decent look with enough silver to lift it from the ordinary, and I do like a Y necklace! It's another purchase driven by a failure on the part of Rocks TV - I was watching for hours hoping they'd auction their own brown pearl Y necklace, but they never did. I briefly thought about ordering it from the CR site, but it was £46 and that seemed too much. My recent purchases then sent me to tjc website again, and this just jumped out at £18! My first tjc pearls, and I like it a lot.

apatitefrenzy119d.jpg

Shape shifting again, I had to have a look at the marquise apatite with the baguette diamonds when it was going for just £12.50, and that was a good choice! The only real downside with this one is that no-one was able to resize it for me, as the baguettes are too vulnerable in the setting. A shame, but still a bargain and I can wear it, just not on my ring finger.

apatitefrenzy117d.jpg

OMG I've utterly fallen in love with neon apatite! It really does glow like it's on fire, I've never seen anything real like it! I've wanted some for ages, QVC used to do a fair bit but only in yellow gold, and even then I was tempted. Now that I've seen it in the flesh, I absolutely ADORE it. This is a cute little flower ring and only £18. Yummy!

apatitefrenzy116d.jpg

Another two tone ring, this time a tiny little thing, but the colour gives it massive presence. It's just gorgeous, the stones are amazing, and Stanley's again did a fab job on it to take it to an I.

apatitefrenzy103d.jpg

This is a stunningly glowy green apatite, accented with iolite. A gorgous stone and I like the combination.

apatitefrenzy067d.jpg

Another two tone special, this is a huge look with the colour just popping against all that silver behind it. It's also a smaller size than most, so easy to wear on my middle finger rather than my index which is the only option for most of them (I really can't justify resizing so many of them, I stuck to the tiniest designs). This one is probably my favourite of all my buys and felt an amazing bargain at £18.

apatitefrenzy045d.jpg

A cute little design, another bargain price. Like the use of trilliants, it's a bit like a four leaf clover!

apatitefrenzy030d.jpg

This is really sparkly and the colour is a bit stronger than the pic shows. Another one where you get a whole heap of look for your money.

apatitefrenzy004d.jpg

Awww, cute flowers! This is really twinkly with the little stones and I'm a bit of a sucker for a flower design. Really nice and probably the first one that really caught my eye when I was browsing.

And finally...

apatitefrenzy003d.jpg

Another neon apatite, I love the shape of this one. It really blew my socks off when I opened the box under my new halogen lights, it's like it's alive! Stunning stones, gorgeous design.

I've haven't bought much from tjc in the past - in fact apart from a couple of presents, I can only think of two rings in my collection. But in all honesty, I was blown away by many of the designs and stones, and by the variety and quantity available on their website, which I haven't visited in years. Really easy to navigate and their prices on silver are unrivalled anywhere at the moment (at least when you factor in the more unusual/expensive stones they're using). I fully expected to send back far more than I actually did, but I couldn't bear to part with any of these ones. Almost all of those items were under £20 after discounts and I don't think anyone could beat that. They've been helpful on the phone too, and have also handled my refunds better than any of the other channels are doing currently. I'm impressed by their improvements!

And that's the end of Anne's big blingy adventure, I can only make the excuse that all today's show'n'tell was purchased over the course of more than six months your honour!

Last edited:
Superb haul.........

Wow Anne, you really are spoiling us today with all the pics of your lovely colourful collection of rings and pendants. And what an amazing selection of Apatite rings from TJC....the neon ones really stand out, but your differing designs and cuts show what a versatile stone this is. The one you picked out as your favourite looks a stunning colour.......how can they sell rings in sterling silver, filled with gemstones for these prices? Well done you and many thanks for sharing. :clapping:

OMG PQ! What a stunning haul. You truly have spoilt us and now I am glad I asked you to post photos.

I agree regarding TJC. I myself have bought a few pieces and have been very pleased with the quality of gemstones and their craftsmanship. CS is fab. too.

Enjoy all your lovely buys. Can't wait to see your next haul :giggle:

WOW now thats a bling delevery, some real stunners there.
Thanks for sharing and i hope you get around to wearing them all x

Fabulous photos as always, Anne. :clapping:

Lovely selection of rings ... I think my favourites from the Apatites have to be the first two
... do you think you have enough now? :giggle:

I've been tempted by the Bondi Tanzanite too so may have to go back for another look.

smilie_schild_025.gif
for sharing.

WOW! I love apatite. (All I have is a bracelet which I adore - I can't wear it at the mo cos a stone fell out and I need to get it repaired...) The one that looks like an eye, with the green ap in the middle and neon ap either side? I love that! I remember it being on, but I missed out. Still kicking self. I love it when they put different colours together like that.

Latest posts

Back