Are QVC presenters immune?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
Just flicked on for a few seconds are there is Michael Perry, Simon Dairylea & another man huddled over some plant.Why? When we have been told to isolate and keep 2 meters apart.Shouldn’t there only be 1 person presenting? Total disregard for the guidelines the rest of us are keeping to for good of all.

I mentioned this on another thread. They are hardly a good example of government advice.

Even the news channels now have just one person reading the news, so why cant qvc ? Years ago they only had solo presenters, so I cant understand the reluctance to do so now. Surely the presenters themselves must be worried, particularly based in London where the greatest number of virus cases are registered.

One day we will be laughing but for now.....its interesting how QVC are dealing with the urge to get people to buy...the hints about the "Virus" are coming thick and fast and as subtle as a sledge hammer...Qvc are offering comfort in these troubled times. Alexis is shouting from the roof tops that the "liquid soaps have sold out and none are available for advanced orders!

Oh wow, I got my set through just in time then. I got them because I couldn't face looking for even bog standard handwash anywhere else last week. And wandering about today I saw none of our main shops had got any so I am glad I did that.

I switched to the Q for about 2 minutes yesterday and Craig was devouring some fudge. He was standing quite apart from the BA but I did wonder about the display of unwrapped food from which he was taking the ones he was eating.

I can't remember the guidelines I won't live long...I live in central London millions of us jostled in one space I tell you its not easy!
Come & stay with us. You may have to use baby wipes instead of loo roll but at least you'd only be in the country's second virus hotspot, not the first, & that's a Brucie bonus at the moment.

They’re playing more and more pre recorded segments, even before this nightmare started they were doing it more and more, wont be long now before that’s all they show, pictures of the item for sale with that music they play in a lift, or should that be elevator..........no presenter required. 😃

They’re playing more and more pre recorded segments, even before this nightmare started they were doing it more and more, wont be long now before that’s all they show, pictures of the item for sale with that music they play in a lift, or should that be elevator..........no presenter required. 😃
They're not immune &, like many others, they may not survive this. If they do things may be different, ooh just ducked a flying pig 🐖

I disagree as it is how I found you lovely people!🥰
I meant in the present circumstances- this forum has gone far beyond Q. So few of us watch and even less buy which proves we don’t actually need Q to be a group.
Normally I feel it’s up to everyone to spend their money as they see fit but TBH I find Q’s output of overpriced gloop in bad taste when folk can’t get basic food,
I‘m fortunate to be cushioned as it’s only the two of us and our shops are still well stocked but that doesn’t stop me from being hopping mad for others without the means to get basics.

I have to agree LATI. Its unseemly now to push people to buy anything other than necessities. Amanda Holden was pictured in today's paper posing in her pyjamas with her headphones on as she 'works' from home, amongst other slebs showing our they're roughing it at home. Maybe some of those tw...s should remember that for most pensioners its a way of life for them ! And if (like Idris Elba) they can afford to pay privately for being tested for the virus, then maybe they could dip into their mega fortunes and pay for some medical staff to have it too !

Brissles, I know! Sam Smith is the latest one having an emotional time after five days in quarantine. In a £12 million house. My heart bleeds. Try being a single pensioner in a small flat or whatever. These people. Tw..s is definitely the word. I believe Piers Morgan (I know, I know!) has roundly told Sam Smith where to go (and I don't mean for a short walk). And I don't need any platitudes from Harry and Meghan in their $14mn house which they don't even have to pay for! Well, I have woken up in a good mood, lol.

We all know QVC world is as far from reality you can get. This is the channel that was demonstrating nail varnish and the "must have", "desert island" Aveda paddle brush while the terrestrial channels were all showing footage of 9/11. When Diana died, most of the satellite channels, including MTV, VH1 etc. quickly caught on to the mood of the nation and ceased broadcasting but not Q, they kept flogging their wares and it must have been the total lack of sales that forced them off air a day or two before the funeral.

Brissles, I know! Sam Smith is the latest one having an emotional time after five days in quarantine. In a £12 million house. My heart bleeds. Try being a single pensioner in a small flat or whatever. These people. Tw..s is definitely the word. I believe Piers Morgan (I know, I know!) has roundly told Sam Smith where to go (and I don't mean for a short walk). And I don't need any platitudes from Harry and Meghan in their $14mn house which they don't even have to pay for! Well, I have woken up in a good mood, lol.
Sam Smith is now they, does that mean they have to do double self isoltaing if they becomes ill?

Bliddy pricks! No idea of the real world. Perhaps people who have had a silver spoon all their lives know no better but these Johnnys come lately to wealth surely remember what normal existence is like or is it a case that the new wealth ones are the most socially unaware.

People without money and or food are not worried if they are called he/she/it/they . Spoiled brats who need a good kick up the arse. I’ll volunteer to be first in line to do it.

Latest posts

Back