Are QVC presenters immune?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm just pleased both my UK homes are well stocked with Molton Brown and L'Occitane bathing products and hand wash to last for a good few months in each of them. I've decommissioned the present drawer at both homes though as it's not the time to be frivolously gifting to friends who call round unexpectedly, not that there'll be much of that happening anyway. So no more "thank you for just being you" presents for a while.

It is amazing how differently some rich people react isn't it. Loads of slebs posting stupid selfies as they self isolate, whingeing on etc etc, and then Gary Neville who has put his hotel at the disposal of NHS workers, as I believe has Roman Abramovic.

I'm just pleased both my UK homes are well stocked with Molton Brown and L'Occitane bathing products and hand wash to last for a good few months in each of them. I've decommissioned the present drawer at both homes though as it's not the time to be frivolously gifting to friends who call round unexpectedly, not that there'll be much of that happening anyway. So no more "thank you for just being you" presents for a while.
Well you will be saving on the Lollipop woman (person) and not going to garden parties for a while so I don’t think you need worry for a while yet.

It is amazing how differently some rich people react isn't it. Loads of slebs posting stupid selfies as they self isolate, whingeing on etc etc, and then Gary Neville who has put his hotel at the disposal of NHS workers, as I believe has Roman Abramovic.
Please please let us remember when we come out the other end and support those who came up to the mark and boycott those who didn’t. Don’t follow these morans on their SM - they need this toxic oxygen to exist and we shouldnt give it to them. Without it they will crawl back into the holes they came from.

Just build it up after to do "thank you for NOT popping round" presents?

I have had a milkman for ever, and have never seen him !! he delivers my milk in the early hours, and I leave a cheque for him. Has never let me down, so I plan to leave him a fiver with his next bill to get himself a couple of cans or an Easter egg just to thank him for not letting his customers down during this dreadful time. One of life's unsung heros.

Brissles, I know! Sam Smith is the latest one having an emotional time after five days in quarantine. In a £12 million house. My heart bleeds. Try being a single pensioner in a small flat or whatever. These people. Tw..s is definitely the word. I believe Piers Morgan (I know, I know!) has roundly told Sam Smith where to go (and I don't mean for a short walk). And I don't need any platitudes from Harry and Meghan in their $14mn house which they don't even have to pay for! Well, I have woken up in a good mood, lol.

Do NOT get me started on that useless couple, they should just shut up and keep their heads down so we can completely forget about them. And WHO exactly is paying the rent on that villa they cant afford ? I hope its not me. Ironic isn't it, they bugger off to earn their own money, and now this virus has put paid to that, what with the film industry shutting down and nobody to make their impassioned speeches to ! Sorry Harry, I dont think Boris' pledge of coughing up salaries for the workers means you, so you had better ring Daddy up. :)

It’s almost impossible to practice social distancing. I live in a fairly quiet area but even a short walk to the village is boobytrapped. People seem to materialise from nowhere right in your face!
As for qvc, it all feels surreal. The news is terrifying and the ship is going down but hey, tune in and buy a handbag!

I find it disturbing that then people walk past in close proximity, if they are talking, they don't stop!

We have been told constantly that this is droplet-born. We don't just emit droplets when coughing and sneezing...

There is still too much complacency and thoughtlessness.

I hope the people working at Q towers don't get infected, but the infection rates when numerous people gather are shocking, so they need to set a better example and take care of all their staff.

I have had a milkman for ever, and have never seen him !! he delivers my milk in the early hours, and I leave a cheque for him. Has never let me down, so I plan to leave him a fiver with his next bill to get himself a couple of cans or an Easter egg just to thank him for not letting his customers down during this dreadful time. One of life's unsung heros.
That's the same as us & I did that yesterday 💐

Exactly who is sending out Q orders? Surely the workers in the warehouse, no matter how useless they have been at their jobs of late, can’t be considered Key Workers. Why then are they bothering to broadcast and sell totally useless tat and gloop?
I see their main page is still advertising “occasion wear”. What planet are they on?

Mind you I‘m still getting emails from holiday companies.

I find it disturbing that then people walk past in close proximity, if they are talking, they don't stop!

We have been told constantly that this is droplet-born. We don't just emit droplets when coughing and sneezing...

There is still too much complacency and thoughtlessness.

I hope the people working at Q towers don't get infected, but the infection rates when numerous people gather are shocking, so they need to set a better example and take care of all their staff.

Thats true M. In the co-op the other day I was literally backing away as a villager didn't so much engage me in conversation, as wanting to tell me in great detail what she did for her neighbour. I was neither interested nor had the time to listen, but on she prattled and getting closer so I found myself almost flattened against a fitment before I made a move with my hand covering my mouth. She got the message then !

I've just seen there's yet another, uninspired Elemis TSV in a few weeks and I wonder if Keeley will be present for it given the current flight ban? Will they fly her in on a private jet so that she can giggle and laugh inanely at Aly Young's remarks that have a deliberate double-entendre?
a lot of the presenters from abroad can't come over...

I was yelling at the TV last week as Claire was giggling about having completely lost her sense of smell. 🙄 That’s one of the symptoms but clearly she hadn’t got a clue! She was with the Philip Kingsley guest at the time.

But they can always smell the glorious smell of money however and that’s the only thing that matters at QVC

To buy or not to buy has been rattling round my head. The instinctive thing is to think I shouldn't as if suffering in a crisis is worthy regardless of whether it does any other actual good. I am luckier than a lot of people in that I have an adequate pension. I have financial concerns but they are relatively minor and long term, eg, haven't paid my mortgage off yet and the kitchen is half done but I am not having to worry about feeding myself or a family.
I think we shouldn't be buying more of the necessities than we really need. However, snapping up the last bargain on a new pair of jeans on QVC is not in the same league as buying more fruit and veg than I can use and depriving NHS workers of what they need.
I have had a few wee splurges online. It is my birthday this week and I have cancelled all my plans, so I am allowing myself some treats. It is also a very wee wee bit to help the economy. (My postponed birthday highjinks is nothing compared to the difficulties of explaining to wee tots why their party has had to be cancelled) Yes delivery drivers might be better employed delivering needed supplies, rather than treats for be, but at the moment, they would not actually be doing that. (It may well be that that step will be necessary and is coming.)
I am aware that wee boost to the economy notwithstanding, my purchases are primarily self serving. I am self isolating as I don't think I have much to offer but at least I can do my best not to divert resources, inc NHS care to me.
I got a note through the door with the name and number of someone, I don't know from Adam, offering help to those in the neighbourhood who are self isolating. What a lovely thing to do. I hope I won't need her but regardless, I think when this is all over I will get her a wee something, maybe from QVC and/or bake some shortbread. It will be a very very minor thing to do. But maybe that is what those of us who can't really help during this time can do, wee tokens of appreciation afterwards to individuals and/or to an NHS building for the staff.
Meantime I am going to enjoy my wee treats.
Keep well everyone.

My husband may be virus immune, however, he could be the first victim announced on this forum. At 3.30 this morning our bedroom was bathed in that eerie blue light from a phone & I was wrenched from sleep to find him changing his alarm... Apparently he had a dream where he spilled a cup of tea, woke up & wondered what time it was. Having seen that it was BEFORE dawn he decided to allow himself an extra hour in bed. As soon as he'd done this he went straight back to sleep, I'm a light sleeper at the best of times & DIDN'T. If we lived in a detatched I'd have vac & dusted LOUDLY but we live in a semi so that wasn't an option, instead I fed Archie 🐰 & Sox 😽, tidied my eyebrows & wrote a shopping list while listening to my playlist on YouTube. I walked into town, getting there for 9 & bought loo roll, foil, tomatoes, apples & daffodils. A middle aged/middle class couple, who were wearing scarves across their mouths, were slumming it in the fruit & veg shop, & moaning about the blueberries. Another customer smiled at them & got a snotty reply, she pointed out that she wasn't laughing at them it was just that the masked woman had rubbed her eyes... The sky is blue, the Skimmia smells gorgeous & my Mr T is still kicking, just...

This is a very slack time at my work and I am scratching around for work and we have been put on alternative week rota but I have a lot of untaken holidays rolled over from last year and overtime (we don’t get paid just get it off later) so I made a decision today not to go back into work until all this is over.

Mr L and I have minor conditions , nothing serious, but just thought that there is no point in putting ourselves and others in danger.

I had reduced to 2 days per week last year and TBH think if this goes on for as long as we think, AND we haven’t slaughtered each other being stuck in the house I may not return.

Quite what I am going to do I don’t know as I’m not great being at home and housework isn’t high up my list of must do’s. On better days I’ll work in the garden but that won’t last for ever! Under normal circumstances we could get away for days but it will be a long spring and summer but in comparison to many I have nothing to complain about.

Latest posts

Back