Are QVC presenters immune?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see QVC have been pushing things on easypay. To be honest if I didn’t have the money now to pay comfortably for something then I wouldn’t buy. Committing to further payments in the coming months seems rather reckless. Part of me thinks we need to keep the economy running, but QVC items aren’t essentials (I suppose food is but that is more affordable elsewhere) and most items can be bought cheaper elsewhere. I did wonder how many people bought the Perricone TSV at approx. £150.

What people spend their money on is their business however there is a very long difficult road ahead and I would have thought that unless you are extremely well off taking on easy pays is not the most sensible thing. I don’t think the the measures the government have announced regarding grants, mortgage holidays, and 80% of wages will continue indefinitely so who knows what you will have to pay for just to live rather than smelly wax or face cream.

What people spend their money on is their business however there is a very long difficult road ahead and I would have thought that unless you are extremely well off taking on easy pays is not the most sensible thing. I don’t think the the measures the government have announced regarding grants, mortgage holidays, and 80% of wages will continue indefinitely so who knows what you will have to pay for just to live rather than smelly wax or face cream.
thats IF the governments ideas come to fruition or are viable!

They mentioned during the morning show that some CS staff are answering calls from home which is good to know and relatively easy to facilitate. I'm counting our family very lucky that my kids work in fields that can be done completely from home, so if you could work from any laptop pressure your employers to implement this if they haven't already. Mr Akimbo has been telecommuting for nearly a decade.

A sincere thank you to all those who have vital jobs and are keeping us going whether you're working on a vaccine, driving a train or delivering food orders. My brother works on Northern trains and they've been issued with hand gel (no masks) and told to still pursue revenue from fare dodgers!

Those pictures of packed tubes in London shows it's clear there are too few trains or too many commuters. Hilarious that Boris will likely re-nationalise the railways faster than Jeremy ever could have!

BTW QVC will extend their MBG to 60 days from tomorrow.

Are they presenting all shows solo now? I have just checked and Dale is alone on Camouflage. I saw him last night for about two minutes and he was also on his own. He then said the next item was being presented by Katie, and that if we were wondering how come she was standing so close to the guest it was because the segment had been filmed some days (I think, perhaps weeks) earlier.

Talking of beautiful gardens (visible on BBC1 from her equally beautiful conservatory and paid for at least in part by a glittering TV career), I'm surprised that the Green Goddess hasn't been on QVC yet. She'd do wonders for their aerobics thingies, wrinkle-devouring gloop etc.

She was interviewed on local radio this morning about doing keep fit via her mobile phone. She mentioned she was 81 and how she had survived breast cancer for 30+ years and had a small garden which she loved. Asked if she would be wearing the same leotard as she had back in the day replied no that the elastic had gone in the original.
i never watched morning TV as I was too busy getting out to work so never saw her or Mr Motivator albeit I heard people talking and saw newspapers and magazine,

She was very upbeat.

No they are not immune

Ali K
“hacking cough & flu like symptoms I had were to be treated as coronavirus. I’m Isolated for the next 7days”
Well shouldn't all who came in contact with her be self-isolating then? What she means is, she's been fortunate enough to have had a private test paid for her, she's virus free, but let's make a drama out of having the common old lurgy!

Talking of beautiful gardens (visible on BBC1 from her equally beautiful conservatory and paid for at least in part by a glittering TV career), I'm surprised that the Green Goddess hasn't been on QVC yet. She'd do wonders for their aerobics thingies, wrinkle-devouring gloop etc.
I think Mad Lizzie Web and Mr Motivator are more their style. The Green Goddess had class.

Someone has posted on Q FB asking why Q still have hair and makeup. Apparently Andi Peters mentioned it whilst talking to Chris Moyles on his radio show today and that is how he managed to get his haircut.

Find this a bit odd as have seen several presenters mention they are having to do their own hair and makeup just now.

Q have not replied to person yet.

Do the presenters really get there hair done and make up by professionals.

if it was actors on film sets, or major live TV Programs yes, but these are just presenters who chat about tat all day

Plus if that is a professional‘s work they should be sacked as most look a total mess.

They talked about a ”June” doing their hair but she made them all look like refugees from little women which was funny since it happened all on the same day, the ringlets were on every show.

Apparently a “June” does the QVC presenters make-up well I say does, I actually mean “slaps” it on, she must be a right slapper because the make-up has always looked like it’s been thrown on from the other side of the room anyway, even before social distancing. You’ll have seen June when Abbi Cleeve shows a photo with a quote from June saying how good the Ultrasun products are, Abbi Cleeve will tell you how good make-up artists find Ultrasun as June says how good it is, the thing is though, she’s the only make-up artist who does, and she works for QVC, deceitful I hear you cry........absolutely. 😜🤥

Presenters on all channels have been doing their own hair and makeup and same has been said on Q but the comment by Andi P makes you wonder..........

Latest posts

Back