Are they unique?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mr jones

Tired and old
Last night, despite the usual, and I fear, potentially fatal IT problems, Rocks was another good night. The big difference between this channel and others is the personal input of the owners. Steve and Sarah who pop in and out and interact with us on a personal level unknown in ANY other channel.

The ability to chat with fellow gem lunatics on chat, ability to ask for items auctioned and freebies etc is a definite bonus. Low prices, good products and value aren't unique but the fabulous Customer Service where you can talk to a human being live is the big difference.

Steve has been an innovator through Snatch-it, his Wine sales, Gems and now Rocks. I commend this enterprise to all of you who love gems and a bargain. only problem is I am now skint but have taken care of my Chrissy presents well in advance if I can bear to part with some of my buys to me relatives. :1:

Your're spot-on, mr jones. Rocks have made jewellery buying fun and reasonably priced. From the high-end diamond pieces to the less expensive gem-set silver, there is something for all of us.

Although there have been a few technical hitches of late, last night's chat becoming 'victim', the helpful, friendly and good-natured manner that the company assumes more than makes up for this.

The Chat has really helped to build an on-line community, apparent here when we all squeal with delight at each other's purchases.

Like you mr jones, I'm fairly broke, but I've got so many Christmas and birthday presents tucked away and I've got some (well, a lot ;)) of gorgeous pieces for myself.

You are quite right Mr Jones , i enjoy the banter the chatroom and the friends that have been made plus the interaction is second to none...hope it continues to grow...

However i am now very weary with the techie problems and last night was horrendous for me, couldnt log on, no chat and couldnt pay for things in basket as kept coming up "stock issue" ,my laptop now makes groanin noises on the site and doesnt do it anywhere else... im glad ive got most of my pressies etc as i dont think my poor lappy will last much longer......or me!!!

I agree with what you say about Rocks, enjoy the presenters & their different styles but I found last night my attention wasn't held as much as it is most nights.

It felt like there were a lots of auctions where there was only one of the particular items, a lot of rings & quite a lot of items that were unsold. Added to that, the one item I had been requesting FL031 (the y-style pearl necklace which quite a few people on here have expressed an interest in) & had also been requested by another forum member was put on but only one was put in the auction. A lot of the newer items are only being made in small quatities & I hope that if there is a lot of interest in an item such as this pearl necklace then they would consider making a further quantity.

Although I don't have a problem with the falling price format I do wonder how it's better than previous way of doing things. On average there must be less items being auctioned now, although this will have been improved by the extended hours & higher end items are pulled if there is no interest. I do also find it quite slow sometimes & would rather once an item is sold or closed that the next item is put on straight away then the presenter can chat while we decide whether we want to buy.

I gave up watching a few weeks ago but watched yesterday for the first time in ages and was surprised at how the format had changed. I liked the RISING price style of auction especially as you could bid in advance on any thing you liked. Having said that I still managed to bag 5 or 6 things both for me and for presents. Now I can't wait for delivery.

Totally agree, its good fun as well as us getting great bargains.

Last night however was the worst night ever for me, I lost the chat box for most of the night (thank you by the way for relaying messages from here to there for me :1:) the video froze, I had the wrong item pics for item being auctioned etc. so in the end I logged out, couldn't stand the confusion to be honest. I had no faith in the ability to bid/buy correctly the way it was for me (didn't wanna buy one thing and discover i'd bought something else so to speak) so thought it best to log off.

Am hoping its better tonight though :D

I have also got some fabulous xmas pressies from rocks, my relatives have never had it so good :D

I love watching, although I have went a bit mad this week, in a pre-wedding frenzy almost. I do enjoy the banter, I love that the studio know and respond to the viewers. I do prefer the traditional rising price auction though, I think we got better bargains then, but I can understand why they changed it - although I think a rising price auction with a reserve price on the more expensive items might be more fun.

Totally agree, its good fun as well as us getting great bargains.

Last night however was the worst night ever for me, I lost the chat box for most of the night (thank you by the way for relaying messages from here to there for me :1:) the video froze, I had the wrong item pics for item being auctioned etc. so in the end I logged out, couldn't stand the confusion to be honest. I had no faith in the ability to bid/buy correctly the way it was for me (didn't wanna buy one thing and discover i'd bought something else so to speak) so thought it best to log off.

Am hoping its better tonight though :D

I have also got some fabulous xmas pressies from rocks, my relatives have never had it so good :D

I think they shut you down Darls on the instructions of your Bankers who cannot guarantee your account after you buying more gems you can shake a credit card at. :11:

I think they shut you down Darls on the instructions of your Bankers who cannot guarantee your account after you buying more gems you can shake a credit card at. :11:

Bliddy cheek!!!!! :D

I am having the same problem today, no chat box again (so you could be right) :D

I agree, too, Mr Jones - I love the chat, and the way the presenters (especially sweetie Barry) interact with it. The freebies are just a fantastic bonus - I won for the first time last week, and am eagerly awaiting my prize to be delivered tomorrow!

This is probably a bit sad, I really feel as though I know the Rocks TV team - not just the presenters, but the lovely Katherine too - even though I've never met them! In fact, I'm really looking forward to meeting them when I go to the Rocks Academy.

Not sad in the slightest. I speak to Katherine more than the wife and who can forget Baz in the Burger Van on early days at Gems? Have a great day, a large shopping bag and take piccies for the lads and lasses please. :54:

Not sad in the slightest. I speak to Katherine more than the wife and who can forget Baz in the Burger Van on early days at Gems? Have a great day, a large shopping bag and take piccies for the lads and lasses please. :54:

Not much of a photographer I'm afraid - in fact, not even sure where my camera is - but I promise to post a report! (And it's TWO days, but the way...)

Latest posts

Back