Article about QVC and Alison Young in today's Sunday Telegraph

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've just looked at the Express article online - the Telegraph one is different but similar subject matter.

I saw it. It was pretty bland really. I did wonder if qvc paid handsomely for the article. Papers are all desperate for cash and qvc have plenty of ours to splash around.

Yes, it looked very positive to me. Not exactly intelligent, non-biased journalism. It did say AY was 50 though. I have always wondered her age.

Yes, it looked very positive to me. Not exactly intelligent, non-biased journalism. It did say AY was 50 though. I have always wondered her age.

It sounds like a so-called "puff piece." The Telegraph do run them occasionally, and The Express does frequently. At my work we get all sorts of companies requesting puff pieces. We have a huge room full of freebies - designer clothes, jewellery, cosmetics, gadgets, machines - all manner of things. Sometimes my employers run incentives allowing us to take an item from the Stuff Room if we are successful. Last time I won I took a Parker Duofold pen worth about £250. A few months ago I got a Cartier keyring. It's astonishing the things companies just give away for PR purposes.

Oh dear, the start of the article is like 15 years out of date. Secret, guilty pleasure, bored housewives!!!! In fact I have read the same wording 15 years back!!!:mysmilie_15:

It comes across as a paid for article by QVC, they used to do them in the Daily Mail all the time. As for the AY's advice, only if sold on QVC.

Oh dear, the start of the article is like 15 years out of date. Secret, guilty pleasure, bored housewives!!!! In fact I have read the same wording 15 years back!!!:mysmilie_15:

It comes across as a paid for article by QVC, they used to do them in the Daily Mail all the time. As for the AY's advice, only if sold on QVC.

Yeah, I agree.

Parker Duofold pen worth about £250....It's astonishing the things companies just give away for PR purposes.

I used to work for said company and know those pens only cost them about £10 to manufacture. That's how they can toss them around like sweets if they need to.

Latest posts

Back