As an absent viewer......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I don't watch QVC any more as I work. Been a few years now. I still make purchases, I find on the website. Have I missed any mahusive news? I just found out Chloe is getting married. How is Ali Keenan doing?
I work at Currys/PC World and, as a 'non essential' store, we are closed. I bet QVC is really capitalising on our misfortune but, having said that, our online sales are through the roof.
I have to commend the Q, though, as many people won't go out shopping, so delivery will be welcome. Like us, QVC does not exactly sell essential items.

Hi Louise good to hear from you again. Are you on furlough or still able to work behind the scenes so to speak?

If at home and watching Q you will realise that things have got progressively worse and any new presenters are hard to take more than a few minutes of.

If I remember you quite liked Debbie Flint who is now an author (one of many) involved in a writers retreat in Devon coming back to London a few days at a time.

If you read Q Facebook at present there is a problem with the easy pays but this has been the norm for every single promotion this past couple of years.

Product ranges have become groundhog days which is why so few of us either watch or buy now.

I didn’t watch for a good while due to health issues . I noticed they have tried to revamp their fashion bringing in more high street names and less reliance on so called designers.Except Marla Wynne seems to have achieved Goddess like status.....
Other than that the reliance on regulars is a turn off for me . The Dyson hairdryer and LAB beauty being the main offenders .

In my opinion the Q is looking increasingly tired. The majority of the presenters (tat peddlers) think they are either celebrities or influencers or both. They share the fashion hours with stylists who rave about seams, pockets & 'fabrication' but fail to give the measurements or care instructions. There are very few generic hours apart from gardening or cooking & these often feature the irritating Richard Jackson or the totally odious Andi Peters. Beauty dominates & Dyson has all but taken over hairstyling. The p&p charges are high & applied without logic, the returns system is archaic & the once award winning customer service deapartment has been severely reduced & is now run by a lady in Fazakerley from her spare bedroom! Ali Keenan has been away for a few weeks obviously suffering from this dratted virus, she was at home so not tested. Because it's been some years since she finished her treatment for cancer she's not in a high risk group, however, the radiotherapy burnt one of her lungs & some of her ribs so any chest infection makes her very poorly. Along with many of the others she talks too much about her life, especially tales of her granddaughter, when she should be selling stuff, however, she still dresses better than the rest & I've never seen her wearing the awful white boots that several tat peddlers seem to love. QVC doesn't just look tired it's tawdry &, let's face it, not really necessary.

I find I watch it less and less. There were times when I'd open a bottle of wine, tune into a beauty hour and enjoy it. Now I never watch a full hour on TV and tend to watch demos on their website if there's a product I'm interested in or a TSV that tempts me.

the clothes must be selling and shoes as the stores are all closed ..online retailers are obviously going to do well

I can‘t see the point of buying clothes or shoes at the moment as we can’t go out, unless it’s to dress up when chatting on FaceTime or similar. :oops: There are other retailers who are selling essential items. Much of what QVC are selling isn’t essential and even if it was it will take longer to reach the customer.

I can‘t see the point of buying clothes or shoes at the moment as we can’t go out, unless it’s to dress up when chatting on FaceTime or similar. :oops: There are other retailers who are selling essential items. Much of what QVC are selling isn’t essential and even if it was it will take longer to reach the customer.
Apart from all the usual housework & going for a walk I'm doing one task a day & yesterday I went through all my summer clothes & sandals. I've got far too many of both, several are new because I buy in end of season sales so I won't be buying any more this year.

Just watching Kim & Co (the News is groundhog day, the films are for 10 year olds, so..........), and now the Katies and Jennies are driving me nuts ! They live in this yummy mummy world that has no relevance to me, talking about lady wine nights, date outings, quizz nights, done on the internet without leaving their home, and getting dressed up. And then it was mentioned that 'someone' in the Gallery had no idea what a Haberdashers was ! Well, to me its more evidence that QVC and its inane chit chat is totally irrelevant to most of us.

I too am doing the one job a day routine otherwise it would be just too easy to become even more of a couch potato.

A couple of days last week was for our small front garden.
Yesterday was for shredding returned cheques and those greaseproof paper credit card slips both going back to early eighties! We did get the store of 40 years confidently shredded last year but later Mr L found a large bin bag of forgotten ones grr!
This morning was weeding back borders
Tomorrow is for housework
Monday is for painting a fence

Plenty to do but no materials to do it with.

God my life is so exciting I’m nearly wetting myself.

I admire your stamina LATI ! I neither have the energy nor the motivation. If I sort out my wardrobe, I'll be left with loads of black bags to put where ? as the charity shops are shut. The garage needs clearing, but the dumps are all shut, and my clothes are all washed and ironed. I suppose I could clean the windows, or make a cake, but with only the dog for company its easier to sit in the chair and watch Escape to the Chateux !!!

If I’d known how quick the lockdown would happen I would have bought some wool and needles and refreshed long forgotten knitting skills.

As said if you could get the materials or get to the dump it would be easier. I get cross (understatement) when I read mags and listen to TV telling us to do this and that and shout ”we would fing do that if we could get xyz you stupid b”.

I love gardening shows but if one more tell me to use home made compost I will scream. If I had a compost bin, and really you need two to rotate, I wouldn’t need to garden as they would take up most of my space. At least Adam Frost (?) on G World addressed this and explained how to grow some veg without but that was presuming you had seeds which are as hard to get as T rolls.

I agree Q is selling mainly non essential stuff.
The latest thing for their clothes sales is face time dressing up. From the waist you can glam up to talk face to face.
No more to wear on a cruise , going for coffee etc. It’s quite funny in a way to see them struggling without their usual selling speil .

Apart from all the usual housework & going for a walk I'm doing one task a day & yesterday I went through all my summer clothes & sandals. I've got far too many of both, several are new because I buy in end of season sales so I won't be buying any more this year.
According to the Health Minister if people don't stop flouting the rules re social distancing all outside exercising would be banned. This in response to people fathering in Parks and on the seafront on Saturday.

I admire your stamina LATI ! I neither have the energy nor the motivation. If I sort out my wardrobe, I'll be left with loads of black bags to put where ? as the charity shops are shut. The garage needs clearing, but the dumps are all shut, and my clothes are all washed and ironed. I suppose I could clean the windows, or make a cake, but with only the dog for company its easier to sit in the chair and watch Escape to the Chateux !!!

Escape to the Chateau is one of my go to programmes too I do so admire the tenacity of these people,I am now beyond even a bit of decorating.I fancy anything with a travel theme, love Race across the World, Simon Reeve investigating places you would not dare to go & any house buying either here or abroad.The bottom of my viewing list is QVC, so they are not keeping me company.Yes I buy any travel magazine going, in fact any magazine! They are essential purchases in my little world.Then I distribute them around my neighbours.

According to the Health Minister if people don't stop flouting the rules re social distancing all outside exercising would be banned. This in response to people fathering in Parks and on the seafront on Saturday.

Not on my seafront I hope!!

With all this gathering on the sea front, they should be very explicit about who can mingle with whom, and whether you are allowed to sit for a while or not. The European Editor of the Sunday Times wrote today that he and companion in Paris were on their walk and sat down for a rest on a park bench. They were then fined E120 each by the police despite having their paper work and sitting at opposite ends of the bench! The act of sitting was an offence. I don't know, for instance, if you can go for a walk/run in public and then come home and spend the afternoon sunbathing in your garden. Or is an hour spent wherever the total of your outside time allocation?

Latest posts

Back