As an absent viewer......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi Louise good to hear from you again. Are you on furlough or still able to work behind the scenes so to speak?

If at home and watching Q you will realise that things have got progressively worse and any new presenters are hard to take more than a few minutes of.

If I remember you quite liked Debbie Flint who is now an author (one of many) involved in a writers retreat in Devon coming back to London a few days at a time.

If you read Q Facebook at present there is a problem with the easy pays but this has been the norm for every single promotion this past couple of years.

Product ranges have become groundhog days which is why so few of us either watch or buy now.
LATI, nice to know you remember me. Missing work like crazy. Up side is, I get to spend more time with my boxers. Not watching the Q, but still like to check in here. Got a Yankee AD arriving any day.
doesn't she have a b+b business as well?
Hope you are coping through this.

If I’d known how quick the lockdown would happen I would have bought some wool and needles and refreshed long forgotten knitting skills.

Some yarn stores are still taking online orders: Wool Warehouse, Love Crafts and Deramore's, I think are the biggest ones. There's a bit of a delay in shipping, as they've been swamped with orders! Knitting is my main pastime, and I've got a stash that should last me well beyond the lockdown. Doesn't stop me looking, though ...

LATI, nice to know you remember me. Missing work like crazy. Up side is, I get to spend more time with my boxers. Not watching the Q, but still like to check in here. Got a Yankee AD arriving any day.
doesn't she have a b+b business as well?
Hope you are coping through this.
Fine thanks. The Writers Retreat is a glorified B&B as far as I know.
Keep safe and keep posting - no one watches Q now but it doesn't stop us mouthing off (in the best possible taste of course).

Mazza ...... I assume you can spend as much time outside in your garden providing you’re not having a BBQ with the world and his wife, or meeting people who aren’t living in your household. I think the hour rule is for exercising outside where you might meet others doing the same.

Never heard anything official about the hour rule.

I've only been going out every 2 days or so, in the woods at the back of my garden. Can walk for 20 miles or more in any direction, I usually get lost, so most of my walks have been about 1 1/2 hours.

According to the Health Minister if people don't stop flouting the rules re social distancing all outside exercising would be banned. This in response to people fathering in Parks and on the seafront on Saturday.
It’s bliddy cold and windy here so going out to sunbathe or exercise isn’t an option.

Too many “wee glass of something“ may be my downfall as I really only have a few wines at the weekend when I do more interesting cooking but it’s sort of creeping down the weekdays!

Seriously it must be difficult for people with addiction tendencies and those on line betting companies (I have a deep hatred for them and everyone who is involved in adverts for them) who are laughing all the way to the bank and even more than usual.

Usually the place I walk my dog is deserted. It`s muddy, the ground is uneven and there is nothing there except for open ground, much of it boggy and open to the elements. Yesterday I took her for her usual run, she`s a black lab with more energy than sense and she dashes about whilst I freeze and never see another soul.
Anyway yesterday it was the complete opposite with lots of folks walking, some with dogs, some with kids, some on bikes and I`ve never seen it so busy. It isn`t a park, no benches or anything and it isn`t a place with nice shrubs, plants or ponds but it`s a large open space on my doorstep and full of wildlife but I`ve often wondered why more dog walkers or families didn`t use it. It seems it take a virus to get people to appreciate what`s on their own doorstep.

Somebody posted this item below on my facebook and a few of the Q diehards posting drivel on Q`s page should be reading it.

Whoever wrote this is bang on!!

We fell asleep in one world, and woke up in another.
Suddenly Disney is out of magic,
Paris is no longer romantic,
New York doesn't stand up anymore,
the Chinese wall is no longer a fortress, and Mecca is empty.
Hugs & kisses suddenly become weapons, and not visiting parents & friends becomes an act of love.
Suddenly you realise that power, beauty & money are worthless, and can't get you the oxygen you're fighting for.
The world continues its life and it is beautiful. It only puts humans in cages. I think it's sending us a message:
"You are not necessary. The air, earth, water and sky without you are fine. When you come back, remember that you are my guests. Not my masters."

If I’d known how quick the lockdown would happen I would have bought some wool and needles and refreshed long forgotten knitting skills.

As said if you could get the materials or get to the dump it would be easier. I get cross (understatement) when I read mags and listen to TV telling us to do this and that and shout ”we would fing do that if we could get xyz you stupid b”.

I love gardening shows but if one more tell me to use home made compost I will scream. If I had a compost bin, and really you need two to rotate, I wouldn’t need to garden as they would take up most of my space. At least Adam Frost (?) on G World addressed this and explained how to grow some veg without but that was presuming you had seeds which are as hard to get as T rolls.
I had a conversation with my friend we both had tried and failed to make compost in the past .

Never heard anything official about the hour rule.

I've only been going out every 2 days or so, in the woods at the back of my garden. Can walk for 20 miles or more in any direction, I usually get lost, so most of my walks have been about 1 1/2 hours.
No Strato I haven't. There is a group whose posts appear on my FB who are now arguing over whether you can be out for an hour or more. Why is it only once a day that's what I wonder.

No Strato I haven't. There is a group whose posts appear on my FB who are now arguing over whether you can be out for an hour or more. Why is it only once a day that's what I wonder.

Yes, a few 10 minute walks can be more beneficial than an hour (not that I've seen anything OFFICIAL about an hour limit)

I imagine it’s something to do with risk analysis but as to wether you are more at risk passing 2 people per 10 minutes session or a dozen in an hour session.

I’m getting my excerise by doing jobs in the garden which kills 2 birds with 1 stone but not a lot of use if you are walking a dog!

Bliddy awful weather here, it was like a hurricane yesterday and not great today. Fence painting has been kicked into touch but we did clear out the shed so not wasted, you would definitely not be sunbathing or BBQ here.

Does it matter if you go out more than once a day? I suppose it depends if you are in a more densely populated area.I sat in all day yesterday very couch potato so decided today I needed that walk.I managed to avoid coming within 12 feet of anyone probably more and everyone made sure of this.We have to find our own ways to survive, I have been in the garden this afternoon in the sun.Surely that makes people feel better if they are at all able to do it?

Latest posts

Back