Automated phone calls

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Judith

Registered Shopper
How long have QVC been making automated calls about orders?
I have had two in last two days--one telling me the Lola Rose TSV was missing a pouch and it would be sent in next few days and one telling me that a replacement for my LG TSV had been shipped and should arrive in 3 to 5 days.(It did actually arrive yesterday)

They're no use to me because they can't cope with the Truecall thingamy (bought from QVC) which filters my calls so I get a few words of garbled message with makes no sense. Worst of all if Mr Akimbo answers he knows I've been ordering stuff! I'd gladly opt out of receiving them, I'd rather they sent an email if there's something I need to know.

Jude xx

Never happened with me but then again I haven't purchased anything from them since July so this may be a new thing???

I don't have much patience for automated calls and much prefer emails as I like to have things written down in black and white!!!

Last edited:
I had an automated call from them about two years ago ...... but can't remember what it was about (probably because when I get automated calls from anyone I mentally switch off as I prefer to talk to 'real people' and not 'robots.')

I've had these automated calls for the last 3 months or so. Advising a return has been processed, a replacement order on the way etc. I also had the Lola Rose call but it keeps fading in and out so couldn't make out what the purpose of the message was. Great thing about is forum is that I found out what the message was! I've just returned my Lola Rose TSV too.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

They're no use to me because they can't cope with the Truecall thingamy (bought from QVC) which filters my calls so I get a few words of garbled message with makes no sense. Worst of all if Mr Akimbo answers he knows I've been ordering stuff! I'd gladly opt out of receiving them, I'd rather they sent an email if there's something I need to know.

Jude xx

I've got a Truecall too Jude (bought from John Lewis tho not La Q) and I luuuuurve it. It's v. satisfying when you look back through the call log and see how many people it's told to sod off!!! :smirk:
*slopes off to look at call log...:wink:*

Jude xx

LOL - - isn't it ironic that something you bought from Q stops them phoning you!

I have been very tempted to get one, but don't get enough unwanted calls to justify the cost, but I often compose my own "sod off" messages in my head, almost worth getting one just to record my own messages.

I got one of these automated calls today except I didn't answer the phone, someone else did, they really should say this is a message for X and give person option to press button to say they are not X not just real off the message.

The message was about them refunding an item, why were they refunding it, because the item never got to me, it was sent back to them instead of being delivered to me! Turns out they automatically refund it even though I had been on to them about it not arriving but no they refund it and I have to place a new order!!!

I've had an automated call recently to inform me that they had processed my refund. I'd ticked on the return slip that I wanted them to write to me to confirm when the refund had been processed. My husband picked up the message and I got a fair it of teasing from him as i'd promised to start saving for our double glazing (we know how to live life to the max in Worcestershire!) Not a marriage ender, but could have been awkward if he picked up the 2 calls I had about other returns the following day:whew:

I`ve never had one and don`t want one can you opt out? My OH doesn`t need to know what I`m spending!! lol I don`t much like ear ache!!

Why don't you do what I've done and just put a row of zeros as your phone number. Problem solved! Of course, they then can't ring you for any other reason, but I figure if they want to get in touch with me, they can email or write.

They can get your number from when you have ordered on orderline or qcut.
I suspect even if you removed it from going into your account via the website they would still have it on their full system.

Last edited:
I`ve never had one and don`t want one can you opt out? My OH doesn`t need to know what I`m spending!! lol I don`t much like ear ache!!

Tbh, I'd forgotten i'd given Q my phone number....must have been back in the day when I first 'signed up'. Won't be requesting that they 'write' to me on the returns slip again, i'll just keep my eye on my bank account.

Does all this message business not breach data protection laws in some way? If their 'contract' is with the account holder then details of that account surely shouldn't be discussed with anyone else, and any old fool can hear details of a recorded message. People like insurance companies and utility comoanies often refuse to discuss accounts with anyone other than the account holder for just that reason.
People should at least be given the option I reckon.

I have a tru-call machine to screen my calls (bought fromw QVC) and automated message systems can't cope with it: My daughter's school late call system, QVC and MBNA credit cards all get their knickers in a twist because it asks the caller to identify themselves before they're invited to leave a message.

Jude xx

Seems an odd thing to do if they have your email address. Apart from local calls I might be expecting, I don't answer anything that does not generate a stored name, so they get the answer-phone.

If I started getting phone messages of any kind from QVC they would start getting suitably worded messages generated by me!

Latest posts

Back