B Makowsky & Kathy van Zeeland

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bigbean

Registered Shopper
I wonder what happened to these handbag designers. They never used to be off QVC a bit like Kipling is now....

I had a couple of the Makowsky, but like you LATI they had to go, they were in lovely pastel leather colours, BUT sooooo heavy empty ! Up until recently I had the really keenly priced Stonemountain ? handbags - it was Stone something anyway, but I remember buying 3 cross body bags for xmas presents at £14.99 each - dont' get that now.

I remember Stonemountain being very reasonably priced although I didn’t buy one.

KVZ bags were so heavy (and bling!) - the husband’s ones were much classier.

In Italy I went into a KVZ shop and there was another brand with matching brolly compartment which afterwards did appear once or twice on Q but I can’t remember the name. I’m sure if I went and scrounged I might still have the one I bought in Italy.

I miss the Tig bags they were my favourite.

Neither brand did anything for me. I did have a nice Tignello one though.

Enny bags are my favourite plain and beautiful the leather was gorgeous now its Kipling because they weigh hardly anything older and more practical

Anybody remember Miche bags? The ones with the interchangeable magnetic covers and interchangeable straps. I can't remember whether Q used to sell them, but I bought one off one of the channels. OH was thrilled when I bought one as it meant I'd no longer have loads of bags cluttering up the place...his joy was short lived when I decided that despite the concept being brilliant and all that, the actual bag wasn't quite big enough for my every day needs, and the the shape was a little formal. However, I've still got it and do use it sometimes, I've got some amazing covers for it...had the bag been a bit roomier I'd have stuck with it for sure. They did bring out a larger version, but unfortunately it was too big and more like a tote so I didn't buy one.

Was that sold on IW? I remember them in the stalls in the walkways of big shopping centres.

Great concept except they were so structured, more a Queen bag, were as I like a soft slouchy one.

Was it Moira C (?) on IW who used to sell scarves to tie a zillion way and also a bag with a compartment at the bottom accessed from the outside? I had one, good idea for spare shoes or brolly, but again too structured for me. Did she call it something like a voulette bag, or is that a velvet sauce!!

Don't think it was IW as they don't tend to go in for selling American stuff. I think possibly I bought the original from one of the informercial channels and bought some of the covers from Q...and I think you hit the nail on the head there...it was too structured. Yep, the scarflaces... I had loads of those, I still have a couple but threw away the bulk of the collection 'cause they were pretty frumpy and I don't know what possesed me. Yep, you've brought back another nightmare...I actually had a velutti bag..it was something like that, it was lime green fabric with a removable bottom compartment...I used to put my packed lunch in the bottom bit..Think I forgot about a couple of bits of fruit once and it became so manky I couldn't even be bothered to try and clean it up..I binned it. I got shot of the whole bag in the end as it looked weird with a plastic zip running round the bottom...and FGS it was lime green...what was I on?! Answers on the back of a postcard please!

Was that sold on IW? I remember them in the stalls in the walkways of big shopping centres.

Great concept except they were so structured, more a Queen bag, were as I like a soft slouchy one.

Was it Moira C (?) on IW who used to sell scarves to tie a zillion way and also a bag with a compartment at the bottom accessed from the outside? I had one, good idea for spare shoes or brolly, but again too structured for me. Did she call it something like a voulette bag, or is that a velvet sauce!!
OMG Moira C!! All those headscarves, scarflaces, wrap around trousers, non stop yak yak yak and did you know she lived in a windmill . . . . . What a saleswoman though, you have to admire her.

CC

Oh I love coloured shoes and bags! I think it comes from being a child and only every being bought brown or black sandals or shoes no matter how much I pleaded (lost cause on my mother). When I was able to buy my own I bought a pair of bright red ones! God I love bright red shoes (Mr L called them my Slapper Shoes) .

I have a lime green leather bag!

I think it was the first time the gobby Hayley on IW appeared when she was the 'guest' for presenting the black bag with interchangeable covers. My friend bought one, but it was really rigid with no 'give', but she had 3 different outers which was a real gimmick at the time. They also did a wedge mule with the same principal of having different fronts - I did buy those.

I remember all the, oh this is such a high-end quality range from Makowsky. Then we found out he was the husband of KVZ both ranges made in the same factory in China. As cheap as possible.

The shine seemed to vanish after that.

And the crap about KvZ buying husband Bruce the logo (or was it the company!!,) for a present.

Was the BA called Lottie who went to IW ? Every other word was “Kathy thinks ,,,,,”. “Kathy says.....” Kathy wants ....l jeez she never stopped got on my chesticles and I was much more tolerant then.

Latest posts

Back