Backpacks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grizelda

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Backpacks are handy if you want to carry your belongings and leave your hands and arms free. But, speaking from experience, the small zipped pocket on the outside of the bag is easy for thieves to access. In a crowded situation, you will not feel someone removing something. So, my advice is, don't put anything of value in this pocket. If I remember correctly, Ruth's leather, quite expensive backpack has a small zipped pocket on the outside of the bag.

Backpacks are handy if you want to carry your belongings and leave your hands and arms free. But, speaking from experience, the small zipped pocket on the outside of the bag is easy for thieves to access. In a crowded situation, you will not feel someone removing something. So, my advice is, don't put anything of value in this pocket. If I remember correctly, Ruth's leather, quite expensive backpack has a small zipped pocket on the outside of the bag.
It has but it's on the bit that would be against your back, so nobody would be able to get to it. Most regular backpacks do have easily accessible pockets facing outwards and yes you do have to be careful if you're in a crowded area. I use a backpack quite a bit because I cycle to and from work and if I'm out walking with the backpack then anything of great value will be put into the main body of the bag.

I am not sure I would get on with a backpack. I can see they are great if you don’t want encumbered arms and hands but I am sure I would feel trussed up unless I only had a thin top or coat on. Most of all, that security issue…. I haven’t seen the Ruth L one but I see these girls wandering around with backpacks which have loads of accessible pockets and I cringe. They are popular, though, so maybe I’m concerned about nothing.

I use a backpack almost exclusively. I like having my hands free, and as someone who suffers when carrying things, it keeps me more balanced. Valuables are normally in pockets which are quite difficult to access... I am always checking though, as I recognise the risk.

Latest posts

Back