Bare Minerals TSV 21/11/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was going to get tsv in Medium beige but its already on waitlist, :( does anyone know if medium is very similar or is it a lot lighter? As I may go for that, I never thought it would go so quickly, serves me right i suppose

I was going to get tsv in Medium beige but its already on waitlist, :( does anyone know if medium is very similar or is it a lot lighter? As I may go for that, I never thought it would go so quickly, serves me right i suppose
Chances are it will be back in stock when it airs on Friday, QVC have a track record of being economical with the truth when it comes to things being sold out.

The recent Elemis TSV sold out mid afternoon one day yet lo and behold, the very next day all versions were back in stock!

I still haven’t had a delivery email, which is odd ! You know the one, make space lol Actually I’ll have to at this rate !

I can't wear makeup in work so I've had a deluxe size last for several years. As i'm getting near to the end of the pot, I ordered the TSV which arrived today. I tried it to check the colour and I had to wash it off almost straight away. My skin felt irritated and tight. Does anyone know if they have changed the formulation?. It's being sold as 'clean beauty' and 'with only 5 ingredients', but something doesn't suit me now.

Mine has just turned up, the nice guy from Hermes delivered, but there was no tracking available, I’m confused ( confused at the best of times lol). Haven’t opened it yet but will tomorrow and will put some on to check if there’s a reaction.

Had a bit of a problem with this one, will amend if 18g foundation is shown as a separate item on Q.

ml for ml

Original Loose Mineral Foundation SPF 15 (18g; supersize) - £26.50 8g QVC so approx £59.62 cost £14.91
Mineral Veil (9g) - £21 QVC cost £5.26
Barepro Eyeshadow Stick (1.4g) - £17 QVC cost £4.25
Gen Nude Buttercream Lip Gloss (4ml) - £19 direct from BM cost £4.75
Lashtopia Mega Volume Mascara (12ml) - £21 direct cost £5.26
Flawless Finish Brush - £26 direct (priced separately as kits usually contain a different brush) cost £6.50

Total approx £163.62 cost £40.93

I can't wear makeup in work so I've had a deluxe size last for several years. As i'm getting near to the end of the pot, I ordered the TSV which arrived today. I tried it to check the colour and I had to wash it off almost straight away. My skin felt irritated and tight. Does anyone know if they have changed the formulation?. It's being sold as 'clean beauty' and 'with only 5 ingredients', but something doesn't suit me now.
I bought the Bare Minerals Christmas TSV in 2018. It was my first BM purchase ever. The original powder foundation my skin itch and burn terribly. The offending ingredient is probably the zinc bismuth. It's not an uncommon reaction apparently but never acknowledged by Bareminerals of course!

Last edited:
Gold is one colour of eyeshadow that all WOC can wear. I never knew this until it was mentioned on a forum I belong to. So many brands wanting to make sure they encompass all women now do golds in all TSVs or palettes.

But...gold looks shite on English Rose/celtic complexions....ie me. Who's being marginalised now, ffs! Tail wagging dog.

I like the BarePro foundation and QVC have got it with the brush , also a favourite at a good price.These days I tend to stick with what works for me rather than trying to find the ‘holy grail’.I know this foundation stays because I put a blob on the back of my hand then apply with fingers/brush and even with all the hand washing the residue is still on my hand at the end of the day.

do you find that powdery & ageing, sf? It always looks so....solid?

Thanks both Silver fox and SusieSue, I will hold fire and see if it comes back in stock if not I will go for the medium, that may in fact suit my colouring better 😀

The medium is rather pink. Think Periot (sp?)

Buuut, they changed the shades somewhat about 1-2 years ago, so I 've not tried the medium since.

Hi Glamourkitty, I tried it today and found no reaction, I’m very sensitive to most stuff, have bad reactions to a lot of things, medications and sunlight being one, have needed steroids, but Im absolutely fine with this. Sorry you’ve had a reaction, I know people say they did change the formula, it has looked slightly different for a while now, so that may be the case then.

Hi Glamourkitty, I tried it today and found no reaction, I’m very sensitive to most stuff, have bad reactions to a lot of things, medications and sunlight being one, have needed steroids, but Im absolutely fine with this. Sorry you’ve had a reaction, I know people say they did change the formula, it has looked slightly different for a while now, so that may be the case then.
Thanks Fwend. I also have a mineral powder foundation from Barefaced Beauty that is fine, so I'll stick to that one and return the Bare Minerals.

Why a different brush with different colours? Don’t understand

It says in the description that shades in fair, fairly light and light brushes are made of natural bristles (in other words goat hair), the rest are synthetic. Bet Alison Young won’t be pointing that out.

It says in the description that shades in fair, fairly light and light brushes are made of natural bristles (in other words goat hair), the rest are synthetic. Bet Alison Young won’t be pointing that out.
Yes, I noticed that but I was wondering why they had put different brushes in instead of the same. Was it explained?

Daniel said last night on his insta live that BM were moving to synthetic brushes and away from animal hair but that they didn’t want to have wasted. The lady then said they were still collected cruelty free. Didn’t think it was a very good explanation to be fair!

Latest posts

Back