BareMinerals launch a Liquid Foundation!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There are quite a few unhappy people on QVC Facebook page.

QVC US have the brush included with the foundation at $48 plus whatever sales tax is charged. So comes to a lot less than QVC UK and the postage of £3.95 each item.

Mixed reviews! Watched some you tube Demo's. Will be watching with interest when it airs on Q

What a ridiculous con. Surely the whole point of BM is the loose minerals and nothing else concept. The way they have brought all this ready/liquid stuff out in response to a few litigious Americans terrified of a few loose particles is a joke!

Surely, if you don't like powder/loose minerals, then there are 1001 other excellent liquid bases from premium and non premium brands readily available to try now. All this build up over a bottle of runny foundation and a so called special brush is a bit daft.

Bourjois have made a Healthy Mix Serum foundation (much liked by bloggers) for a good while now (around £9.99). At the other end of the scale Armani do an excellent light liquid (maestro) and the Loreal Magique Nude is said to be a dupe.

Going on a wait list for something like this seems a bit strange to me - though fair play to BM, you have some excellent pre launch marketing going on!

Personally, I feel they've sold out on their principles. Stick to what you're good at BM - don't go dabbling in every area of makeup to make a quick buck.

/rant over

I've always thought that too Polly Esther. They've done a huge U-turn from their original loose-is-best selling point, heavily criticising pressed powder and liquid products for the fillers and binders used. Do they think we have selective memories?

I think its to do with Shiseido now owning the brand. They bought them some years back and quite a lot of changes to the brand since them.

Never used BM and to be honest never had the urge either. We have a counter in Debenhams so I have seen the products(of course not the new serum foundation), in real life but they have never grabbed me to buy them.

As has been said there are other mineral brands who have had liquid mineral foundations out for years. I did try the Hourglass version and just did not like it, nice enough foundation but did not WOW me.

I haven't used a loose powder. It reminds me of my grandma who would be 116 if she was still alive. Loose powder is too messy for someone lime me who hates housework

I`ve used mineral powder foundation ever since it first arrived many years ago. It was a Godsend to me at the time because so many liquid foundations didn`t suit my uber sensitive skin. Over a number of years I reckon I`ve tried every mineral powder under the Sun and one of the best IMO was Maybelline mineral powder foundation which was one of the first and easily available to hit the shops. It was a huge success at the time but then they brought out a mineral liquid foundation and it bombed. The mineral liquid foundation was awful, it smelled funny, the texture felt weird and it seemed as if they`d grabbed a pot of the mineral powder, mixed it with water and bottled it. Nowadays both are discontinued but odd ones can still be found on Ebay or in discount shops. Somehow I envisage there will be a massive rush for the BM liquid, the hype will persuade people to try it but 12 months down the line I bet a high percentage of those people will have stopped using it and returned to the powder. To be honest I`ve never found the mineral powder messy to use. I have a large lid off a body moisturiser jar which I washed and dried, I sprinkle my powder from the pot into the large lid which is big enough to swirl my brush in, then tap and none of the powder escapes from the lid onto the floor or anywhere else. Also it doesn`t take me any longer to apply the powder than it would to apply a liquid foundation with a brush. The whole thing is no big deal to me.

Hmmmmmm, there's a review up already, 5 star, feels a little on the fake side to me, almost too good to be true. It's as if someone from BM or QVC has written it...

There is a fairly good chance you are right Ellaa these companies will go to the extreme to con women into buying their overpriced and overhyped products.

Lee has put this on Fb about the shades...

Fair ..bare porcelain
Fairly light : bare linen
Light : bare Ivory ( I would only wear in winter )
Medium : bare satin
Med beige : bare natural
Golden medium : bare beige (I will be wearing this shade )
Medium tan: bare latte
Tan : bare sand
Med dark : bare Almond
Golden dark : bare walnut

From BM Facebook page -
BareMinerals UK Hello all, just to let you know we have not sold out of any shades. We are launching on advanced orders on QVC so you can secure your orders now and receive w/c 28th July when the stock arrives x

This is because there is no stock in Europe yet let alone the warehouse in Liverpool! This is the same way they released it in the USA too - announced it in Feb on QVC exclusively on pre-order and it was not delivered until March. Then national launch in other stores and counters on April 1st!

There is a shade matcher on bare minerals US website & also a video Lee has done about it on qvc uk YouTube channel.
I think I will be Linen as that is the lightest neutral shade and I'm fairly light normally. QVC are not stocking one of the light cool toned options called bare shell - they are only stocking 10 of the 20 shades. Think about your skin undertone as that is the important bit. Also on bareminerals Facebook page they have been answering people's questions about the shades.

I did say QVC would not stock all the shades. Usually people with very pale skin get a bad deal with QVC and shades.

Indeed, it's as if we don't exist. Strange really given it's hardly unusual to be extremely pale with cool undertones in the uk.

At least they've brought the palest shade of this, but they didn't with the ready foundation.
Still, no odds to me as I'm not interested and think it's too pricey!

Personally, I feel they've sold out on their principles.

Their only principle is "do whatever it takes to make more money". They traded for years on the pure minerals concept - it was clever and different, and they did well with it. But the customer base is now bored with that, so here they go with the liquid foundation like everybody else. From the reviews I'd venture to say that they're not very good at this, the reviews are very mixed and some are absolutely scathing. But principles? No, if they had principles they'd be cruelty-free, and they're not.

Latest posts

Back