BareMinerals launch a Liquid Foundation!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dips

Registered Shopper
BareMinerals are to launch a liquid foundation :thinking: It's coming to the UK in Sept, wonder if it will premier on Le Q? I have a few more details here, along with details of OPI's new Mustang range (wonder if they'll also do a mini Mini range too :mysmilie_19:)

Some of the Beauty Bloggers I read said July for the UK???

Shiseido own BM now and as I said before for health scare reasons are moving away from the loose powder version. One US TV doctor said on air that over time inhaling the loosing minerals from buffing could caught lung problems. Well there is bismuth in BM and it is natural but also a poison.

I had a trial of it in New York 10 days ago.The SA removed my own make up and then applied it,with some concealer under my eyes.I didn't buy as I wanted to see how it was when I got back from the shopping trip.
Just after my cousin took my photo,and posted it on FB a few days later.
I am not photogenic and hate having my photo taken,but my God I looked awful.My under eye bags were black and I looked as I do without anything on.
Needless to say I won't be buying.

So not only can you not use a normal foundation brush with it(yeah like we believe that one), but you need to buy the special brush. Sorry I will stick with my Beauty Blender.

Shiseido own BM now and as I said before for health scare reasons are moving away from the loose powder version. One US TV doctor said on air that over time inhaling the loosing minerals from buffing could caught lung problems. Well there is bismuth in BM and it is natural but also a poison.

The press relaease definitely states September
"Global advertising and marketing initiatives outside the US will commence in September 2014 to coincide with the launch of bareSkin Foundation in key global markets throughout Europe and Asia."
However, they did pre-release it on QVC in the US so they may be planning to do the same in the UK.

I abridged the information I had for my blog post as the whole release was somewhat verbose (that's an understatement :wink:)

From feedback in the US, it definitely seems to be a Marmite product, and not easy to get to grips with, which I think is going to work against the target they are aiming to reach - women using liquid foundation becausse it's easy to use.

Lee has said on Facebook that it's coming to QVC early summer date TBD (does that mean to be decided ?).

Make your own like I do - mix your BM with your fave moisturiser. You can add more minerals for more pigmentation. No powdery finish either.

I love my BB sponge, too. Damp for liquids, dry for powders. Unbeatable finish. Though I must admit I do like flat-topped synthetics. Japonesque and Eco-Tools do nice ones. They seem to last forever, too. Japonesque hard brush soap is also good. I always overuse shampoo or Purity when cleaning brushes, but using a soap gives me more control on how much I use.

This was one of the stories that scares people off minerals: http://beautycalypse.com/2013/05/28/is-mineral-makeup-really-the-best-option/

Don't you just love it when a brand that has used the 'mineral powder is superior' as a sales technique for decades does a 180 degree about-turn and now launches the-next-best-thing liquid.

Come on, BM, either you've been conning us for decades, or you are now hypocrites.

Which is it to be? Your choice...?

There are hundreds of liquid foundations available everywhere, why is the BM one going to be so different.

I once saw a woman being made up with the loose version in Boots, she looked awful. Hard to describe, but her skin looked flat and pasty, dusty and grey. Oh dear, I'm not meaning to be horrible, but that's how she looked. I know her by sight, so can say for sure that it was the make up.

I have read this time and time again usually on QVC US community board. Woman who have worn and loved BM for years and hit a certain age usually it seems around 50 and still think they look so good in BM. Then one day they are out and about and catch sight of themselves in a shop window broad daylight and its, "Oh!!!! I was shocked, I looked awful!!!" The BM had exaggerated every line on their face, and they were asking about liquid foundations to use?

Again never used it never had the urge too much farting around with the buffing going on. Then you have to put the finishing stuff on which has to be the BM again with the stroking and buffing of it. We have a BM counter in Belfast Debenhams and I see women getting made up. They look no different if they had used normal liquid make up. Oh and who the hell takes the so natural you could sleep in it? Do women actually go to bed wearing it??? I doubt it. Even the special one for sleeping in, who wants to sleep in makeup???? That is when you skin is resting and regenerating. They did an article in Daily Mail a few months back a woman as a test slept in her makeup for a week. Her skin was a mess, dried out and blocked pores.

I have read this time and time again usually on QVC US community board. Woman who have worn and loved BM for years and hit a certain age usually it seems around 50 and still think they look so good in BM. Then one day they are out and about and catch sight of themselves in a shop window broad daylight and its, "Oh!!!! I was shocked, I looked awful!!!" The BM had exaggerated every line on their face, and they were asking about liquid foundations to use?.

Not just women of a certain age who catch sight if themselves wearing it! I'm 29, wear (wore....) fair in BM foundation, and during one night out in a hot bar I went to very well lit toilets and my face looked like a ghost! Looked like I was wearing a powdery mask. Awful. Never again!
Complexion experts? I don't think so! My skin had never looked so flat.

It was a relief really, drove me mad swirl tap buffing and the flipping minerals going everywhere. Tried Clinique CC cream instead and look a million times better (and more human).

Last edited:
One size doesn`t fit all does it ? There are many people who wear mineral powder foundation and it looks good on them and there are many people who wear liquid or cream foundation and it looks awful on them. I`ve seen women with dreadful tide marks from wearing a badly matched liquid foundation, I`ve seen them wear cream foundation so thick they look as if you could scrape it off and I`ve seen people with bad skin cake their foundation layer by layer in the hope of disguising it when in reality they`re emphasizing it and I`ve seen oily skins with oily foundations so shiny you could slide off them. It`s whatever suits the individual. I wear a mineral powder but not BM and I find it makes me look more natural but I use a good moisturiser underneath and then spritz it with water after I`ve applied it and I`m nearly 60 and would be horrified if it sat in my wrinkles or made me look flat. At times I also wear a liquid foundation and had a bugger of a job finding the right shade, in the right texture and suitable for for my uber sensitive skin. There`s room in the world for both and people make mistakes with both IMO.

How weird I use Bare Minerals because I like the light fee of the fine powder on my skin. I still think any liquid will feel heavy in comparison. Funny that they have done such a u turn and make it sound as though its still an advance. I wonder what Ms Ali Young will have to say.

How weird I use Bare Minerals because I like the light fee of the fine powder on my skin. I still think any liquid will feel heavy in comparison. Funny that they have done such a u turn and make it sound as though its still an advance. I wonder what Ms Ali Young will have to say.

No doubt she will be saying it's the best thing since sliced bread.
Lynn :mysmilie_11:

Thanks for your info about using the BB sponge, I tried it damp this morning, what a difference!!

I have been wearing make up since I was 15, I am now 49 and have made loads of mistakes along the way with liquids and mousses . These now sit in my fine lines around my eyes which makes me look dreadful. I started using BM only a year ago and wasn't sure about the shiney dewy effect it had. So I tried the matte but didn't like this look either, now I mix the two. Also when trying new foundations, you need natural light, not awful strip lighting you get in the shops that sell the stuff. Make up can look so different in different lights. I went to my nearest BM store and got shade matched for the ready foundation and kept going outside with a mirror until I liked what I saw. Liquid would be a definite no no for me now, BM all the way. There are a few reviews on the new BM liquid on YouTube

I have been wearing make up since I was 15, I am now 49 and have made loads of mistakes along the way with liquids and mousses . These now sit in my fine lines around my eyes which makes me look dreadful. I started using BM only a year ago and wasn't sure about the shiney dewy effect it had. So I tried the matte but didn't like this look either, now I mix the two. Also when trying new foundations, you need natural light, not awful strip lighting you get in the shops that sell the stuff. Make up can look so different in different lights. I went to my nearest BM store and got shade matched for the ready foundation and kept going outside with a mirror until I liked what I saw. Liquid would be a definite no no for me now, BM all the way. There are a few reviews on the new BM liquid on YouTube

I heard about this a few months ago. On QVC US in February they announced the foundation and said it was for pre-order. They didn't start sending it out till April. It was exclusive on QVC until May 1st then it was released to be sold in other stores.
Apparently 90 thousand+ pre-ordered it!

The foundation sells for $29 (£17) - I'm thinking they will sell it the UK for £25-£30. They say you need the new face perfecting brush but I don't think it is worth it. I have been looking at reviews ever since it came out & people are saying it is better without. On QVC US they had a price discount & got the brush with it. But it is another $25 for it by itself so I'm not sure it is worth it. Basically the foundation is a different texture to other liquids & has a formulation that is very light and natural ingredients. A bit like a serum supposedly. No preservatives I don't think. It is a screw cap with a dropper lid and you have to shake it well then drop a few drops on your brush and apply. I think any flat top brush would work. You can also use your fingers.

There are a lot of mixed reviews on this foundation. Some saying it is not good for people with dry patches on their skin. Also the shades are completely different. Lots of people saying you should get shade matched at a counter. There are charts online & the equivalent to fairly light is Bare Linen 03. There are 20 shades, they only had 10 available to pre-order on qvc US.

Bare Minerals US YouTube channel has videos about it & there are lots of reviews from beauty youtubers. Great reviews from Prettydaysies & LoveShelbey in particular on this foundation. There is also video demo on qvc USA site.

Latest posts

Back