BCC Austrialian Body Care duo ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

faerie

Registered Shopper
hi

did any one else order this set last Wednesday?
I ordered the body care duo (the hint is in the 'duo' bit), item no 228998
ordered through Q Cut (you know how it was last Wednesday) the voice said 2 piece,
the web said it was a 2 piece set
the description said it was a 2 piece setthe email confirming the order said it was 2 piecethe email confirming dispatch said it was 2 piece
until the other day, the order status said 2 piece
it arrived today ... guess how many bottles are in the box .... 1!!!
now the order status says its a 1 piece SET(surely set means more than one???) :taphead:!!! GRRRRR
its sold out so cant get the web description anymore,

but I still have the emails from them re order and delivery
has this happened to anyone else?
I know buying things last Wednesday was for a great cause, but surely they cant sell you something then change it to something else???

Faerie; mine was delivered today and I, too, was expecting two bottles! The box was definitely designed to contain two items. I will get my confirmatory emails out but I feel a complaint in the strongest terms building up inside and ready to explode. I bought other items on BCC night so if CS cut up rough I will be returning it post haste. Let's compare notes.....:mysmilie_461:

hi

did any one else order this set last Wednesday?
I ordered the body care duo (the hint is in the 'duo' bit), item no 228998
ordered through Q Cut (you know how it was last Wednesday) the voice said 2 piece,
the web said it was a 2 piece set
the description said it was a 2 piece setthe email confirming the order said it was 2 piecethe email confirming dispatch said it was 2 piece
until the other day, the order status said 2 piece
it arrived today ... guess how many bottles are in the box .... 1!!!
now the order status says its a 1 piece SET(surely set means more than one???) :taphead:!!! GRRRRR
its sold out so cant get the web description anymore,

but I still have the emails from them re order and delivery
has this happened to anyone else?
I know buying things last Wednesday was for a great cause, but surely they cant sell you something then change it to something else???

The picture on the web only shows one bottle but they definately showed two on air, I remember thinking what a bargain price it was for two. If the details said set or duo then you are well within your rights to complain.

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/uk/2/98/228998.001

thanks guys

before I checked the emails from them re the order, I thought I had been imagining it said duo and 2 piece set ....

I dont see how they could have gotten it wrong on screen and their website and q-cut ..

I cant believe too, that they would just change the details on their site like that without checking I still wanted the goods ..

I have emailed customer service, will let you know if I get a reply

I hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction, Faerie.. Definitely qvc's mistake, but one you and others, shouldn't have to pay for! :bandit:

on the nite they showed two bottles but they changed it at the end of the showing to only one bottle as they had a made a mistake i think

If they had realised their error by the end of the show you would think the items wouldn't have been shipped and customers would have been contacted to ask if they still wanted it.

I've phoned CS. Maybe it was my assertive tone(!) but she agreed to send a prepaid label so I can return it for a full refund. I didn't have to go into any great depth of explanation so they must be aware. While they tried to start to say it was ONE bottle that can be used on hands and body (haha) I reminded them that the confirmatory email says TWO. QED as they say! Hope you get sorted too, Fairie.

I've phoned CS. Maybe it was my assertive tone(!) but she agreed to send a prepaid label so I can return it for a full refund. I didn't have to go into any great depth of explanation so they must be aware. While they tried to start to say it was ONE bottle that can be used on hands and body (haha) I reminded them that the confirmatory email says TWO. QED as they say! Hope you get sorted too, Fairie.

thanks for the info ...
I mailed then last night, still waiting for a reply, they have until tomorrow then I will phone them for the label ...

I did hunt around for the lotion online, and found a few places, selling the exact same bottle, for £8.49 INCL of p&p the sites said ABC would donate £1 to BCC and most of the companies were doubling this

so they would still get a donation for this item (and I would save £3.50 which I could donate myself)!!

I'm following with interest as the same happened here. I know it's all for a good cause but I did feel somewhat duped when I realised the box only contained the one bottle. I feel I'd rather have given the £9, plus the P&P, directly to the charity. I can't help but wonder if QVC sometimes rely on the "it's for a good cause" line to stop people complaining. I do wish they'd own up to mistakes instead of making customers have to go to them with complaints.

[edit] I've also just emailed CS about this. Will see what reply I get.

Last edited:
hi everyone ... a wee update for you ...

I got an email from qvc web customer service which said:

'I have checked the item description for item 228998: Australian Bodycare 1 Piece Hand & Body Lotion Set and can confirm the set should only include 1x 150ml Hand & Body Lotion'

I cant phone free number from my office, so just got home, spoke to a very nice lady in customer service, told them that the web had said 2 piece, the description said duo, it was a SET, the emails said 2 but the name had now been changed to say 1 which I didnt think was right. She read out the description she had on her system over the phone and said 'yes, you should have received TWO' that they could only send me the pre paid label as they had run out of stock and couldnt send me another bottle!!!

I havent opened mine, so when I send it back, if someone else complains, they will have a spare one to send someone else!!!

I emailed about this & got a reply yesterday saying they were looking into it & needed up to 72 hours to sort it out.

Got a 'phone call today & they are saying it was an announcement error & should only have been one. She said everyone who ordered would be contacted about it, but didn't let on what the outcome or options would be.

I emailed about this & got a reply yesterday saying they were looking into it & needed up to 72 hours to sort it out.

Got a 'phone call today & they are saying it was an announcement error & should only have been one. She said everyone who ordered would be contacted about it, but didn't let on what the outcome or options would be.

I received the letter today dated 22nd! It says ...
'When the lotion was aired we stated that it would be a 2 piece set. It has been brought to our attention that this information was incorrect and there is only one bottle of the lotion included'

they then say 'we are very sorry for this error and any inconvenience caused

We feel the item still represents excellent value for money but should you no longer be happy with it, then it can be returned to us for a full refund by using the enclosed prepaid label'

already sent it back on Saturday so does that mean I have a pre-paid label for spare?

Although it's not the same item, this reminds me of the fiasco surrounding a double pack of Breezie bras (there was a thread on it a while ago)

The promo said TWO bras, it aired as TWO bras, my email said TWO bras, but only one was delivered. When I rang CS, they said they'd had a lot of phone calls about it but that there had been a mistake. They offered me the P&P back, which I accepted, but I then re-iterated that as it had aired as two bras etc. etc. then that was what I wanted to receive. They told me they couldn't do anything because the bra was now out of stock.

I know a lot of customers accepted the error, or couldn't be bothered with all the hassle .... but I'm not one to be fobbed off when it was they who had made the mistake. And after a lot of phone calls I eventually received the second bra, when it came back into stock, (probably to shut me up) and the invoice showed the cost as £0.00

So, as Sazza said in her earlier post, stick to your guns because you're well within your rights to complain. They'll get it back in stock and so could quite easily despatch the missing bottle to all of those who were expecting a duo.

Many big organisations think they can fob off the 'little man in the street,' but it's about time they realised that the customer is generally always right and that they should honour their 'contract' to supply what they're advertising ...... and if they've made a mistake it that shouldn't be used as an excuse to wriggle out of their responsibilities as 'traders.'.

Latest posts

Back