Be careful what you wish for!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They might have to try it out

Obviously they should be given a fair chance to see if they can change and fit in to a more 'normal' shopping channel environment.

Personally I just can't see it working myself with Mike and Peter and i'm not sure about Steve MacDonald either but that's just my opinion.

I suppose they could have Price Drop as the 'Cabaret Style' channel and have Bid has the 'proper' one, if that makes sense.

Obviously they should be given a fair chance to see if they can change and fit in to a more 'normal' shopping channel environment.

Personally I just can't see it working myself with Mike and Peter and i'm not sure about Steve MacDonald either but that's just my opinion.

I suppose they could have Price Drop as the 'Cabaret Style' channel and have Bid has the 'proper' one, if that makes sense.

I agree with giving further chances to improve but, come on, how many times have they already been told?
did they think it didn't matter? have they only now realised that their job could be on the line?
if that's the case then they deserve everything coming their way
there's been a cynical, mocking disregard for any performance improvement by a few, they've considered themselves too big for that to apply to them
well hey, guess what, it's really happening and nobody is more important than anyone else in front of or behind the camera

ooh sorry, I went on a bit of a rant, I do apologise
the opinions in this post are expressedly that of the author and not necessarily that of others :mysmilie_17:

I agree with giving further chances to improve but, come on, how many times have they already been told?
did they think it didn't matter? have they only now realised that their job could be on the line?
if that's the case then they deserve everything coming their way
there's been a cynical, mocking disregard for any performance improvement by a few, they've considered themselves too big for that to apply to them
well hey, guess what, it's really happening and nobody is more important than anyone else in front of or behind the camera

ooh sorry, I went on a bit of a rant, I do apologise
the opinions in this post are expressedly that of the author and not necessarily that of others :mysmilie_17:

I suppose it all depends how far the 'normal shopping channel' route the new bosses intend to go. For me it's nothing to do with their compliance records or even their tales which boy all three of them tell, in spades.

It's just them, full stop. Have you ever seen anyone resembling those three on any other shopping channel? I haven't, their style is very distinct and for me it's more end of pier than selling toasters.

Obviously they have certain talents but none of them strike me as someone a casual viewer is going to hang around watching. They are just too over the top and dare I say it, maybe a bit vulgar and low rent?

And to be blunt they aren't particularly attractive either, after all it is TV and people can be shallow like that. They clearly need brand new customers to thrive, would those three attract many?

Keeping their small existing groups of fans happy wouldn't seem an option now.

I should have added that on a positive note the professional, compliant, non showy presenters really could shine going forward. I really hope they do.

Maybe their time has come?

I should have added that on a positive note the professional, compliant, non showy presenters really could shine going forward. I really hope they do.

Maybe their time has come?

Perhaps Lee from Ventor is a secret millionaire and will bail them out on Monday? :grin:

Perhaps Lee from Ventor is a secret millionaire and will bail them out on Monday? :grin:

I don't know about Lee being a secret millionaire but he must be absolutely minted, he has surely spent more in p+p alone than anyone has ever spent on products in the 13 years Bid has been on air.

I hope he uses the web to order!

I reckon Lee from Ventor has an online shopping addiction problem. It's a bit sad, to be honest.

Latest posts

Back