BE foundation help

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

queenie

Registered Shopper
I am thinking of trying bare escentuals foundation,can anyone advise which is the best one to start off with please.I have the philosophy one but in all honesty I think it needs throwing out its a couple of years old!
I have read about BE stuff but dont really know where to begin.I saw it in the states but didnt buy(wish I had its tons cheaper)
cheers girls in advance!

I am thinking of trying bare escentuals foundation,can anyone advise which is the best one to start off with please.I have the philosophy one but in all honesty I think it needs throwing out its a couple of years old!
I have read about BE stuff but dont really know where to begin.I saw it in the states but didnt buy(wish I had its tons cheaper)
cheers girls in advance!

I have not tried BE as I found it contains Bismuth oxychloride, a known irritant to sensative skin, so be careful if you do have have delicate skin. I am sure many users of BE on this forum may be able to give you the advise you need. Hope this has not put you off.

I know no here, BE does not agree with everyone but i use it in preference to Balance & Brighten and Halo.

I started with Item 224926 Discovery collection (smaller than normal size) which comes with a brush. Not a massive expense and the chance to try several products at once.

I have pretty light fair skin and can use either light or fairly light - others will have to advise if your skin tone is different. I use the tinted mineral veil almost as a bronzer for that reason.

Best thing is just to practice then to get the correct coverage and technique which suits your needs.

BE requires a bit of practice to look nice, but it works for me, and I have found that it is much better for my combination skin prone to breakouts than regular liquid foundation (even from upmarket brands). However, I buy mine from e**y as it's much, much cheaper...

try to avoid the flawless brush as it sheds. the kabuki brush is excellent and if you have high colouring or scarring to cover up you get better coverage.

try to buy the mineral veil or tinted mineral veil if you are colour tan or over and you can use this before your mineral foundation and after.

if you skin is dry the use a good moisuriser but not one that is too tacky.
you will find that as the day goes on that your natural sweat and oils mix in and it looks better and better and has a creamy dewy look.

use a tiny amount in the lid and use the brush to load it and tap off the excess.less really is more.
when you get the right colur buy it on the bay its much chepaer unless you get it in a kit and want to try out eyeshadows etc.

cheers girls in advance!
Non of them!

I can't use BE at all, it makes my skin itch, then burn as if I've been scalded. I don't have sensitive skin, either. I wish I knew what element of this allegedly pure product hurts my skin. I couldn't return it either, as I didn't buy it from QVC......

I use BE and I have very delicate skin, I found that the itching was caused by the BE brushes in my case, when I switched to Samshbox brushes the itching and redness went too.

I love Halo, in fact prefer it to BE, but it doesnt have SPF in, so I'm using BE in summer and will use up my Halo in winter.

I use the fairly light and I have pale translucent blue tone skin (typical redhead).

I use BE and I have very delicate skin, I found that the itching was caused by the BE brushes in my case, when I switched to Samshbox brushes the itching and redness went too.

I love Halo, in fact prefer it to BE, but it doesnt have SPF in, so I'm using BE in summer and will use up my Halo in winter.

I use the fairly light and I have pale translucent blue tone skin (typical redhead).

It did occur to be that it might be the brushes, Choppy, so applied some to my chest area with clean fingers and had the same result. I also had some bare minerals applied by a makeup girl in one of the beauty stores and she hastily removed it because she could see my skin reddening. I can use any old junk on my face normally, too.

I love the Halo too - I used to use BE but it is too 'faffy'. Have just got some of the new Clinique version and this is the first real test day - at the moment it is ok -will see if it is still ok by 5pm! There are also 7 shades rather than just the 4 halo colours so I was able to get one nearer my skin colour rather than mixing the light and medium halo.

I have not tried BE as I found it contains Bismuth oxychloride, a known irritant to sensative skin, so be careful if you do have have delicate skin. I am sure many users of BE on this forum may be able to give you the advise you need. Hope this has not put you off.

That's why I don't use it Slave to Fashion. Did try it ages ago and got the weird prickliness (I've read about other people experiencing) when I wore in on a warm day, felt heavy on the face beads of sweat popped out on my top lip. Then I came across information on this ingredient and chucked all my BE stuff out.

I can't use BE at all, it makes my skin itch, then burn as if I've been scalded. I don't have sensitive skin, either. I wish I knew what element of this allegedly pure product hurts my skin. I couldn't return it either, as I didn't buy it from QVC......

It's the bismuth oxychloride Artemis. Read about it on the web if you want a fright!

It did occur to be that it might be the brushes, Choppy, so applied some to my chest area with clean fingers and had the same result. I also had some bare minerals applied by a makeup girl in one of the beauty stores and she hastily removed it because she could see my skin reddening. I can use any old junk on my face normally, too.

Frightening Artemis! That's a pretty severe reaction - definitely one for you to avoid. :sweat:

bismuth is in the Clinique version too

It's in the Avon one, too. Although, annoyingly, Avon don't put the ingredients in their book or on the website, I had to look at a makeup review site to find out. However, I have roseacea across my nose and cheeks and BE is fine for me, except for the price. I actually prefer Lily Lolo and I've just sent off for some sample sizes from Bare Faced Beauty.

That's why I don't use it Slave to Fashion. Did try it ages ago and got the weird prickliness (I've read about other people experiencing) when I wore in on a warm day, felt heavy on the face beads of sweat popped out on my top lip. Then I came across information on this ingredient and chucked all my BE stuff out.

I have experienced a severe reaction to BE although it wasn't an immediate reaction which was a surprise. It started with a tingling on my cheeks which led to a severe reddening and burning sensation. The only thing I can now use is Clinique redness solutions and Almost make-up. I haven't been able to use my beloved LE since!

I know there are plenty of people on this forum who are fans but it it isn't for me. I agree with Choppysocks that the brushes can be a part of the irritation problem and have since cleared out my BE brushes and powders.

I am very surprised with Clinique for including Bismuth as I have talked to the assistants about my reaction and they did not tell me it was in the new make-up! Thanks Jabbathehut for telling us about the bismuth as I was thinking of trying it out.:whew2:

cheers girls in advance!

I use lilylolo its half the price for twice the ammount and a really great shade selecton they have a website and sell samples for about a pound

Latest posts

Back