Be prepared for substantial product price increases

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That what happens when QVC UK lean so much on the US market. Their fashion, loads of the jewellery brands South Western, Honora etc. The beauty brands appart from Elemis are EU or American now. I don't count Lulu etc as no idea where they are actually made. Gatineau and Decleor are French. Laura Geller, Philosophy and Smashbox will be going up no doubt. The latter was always really cheap on QVC compared to counter prices.

well to be frank i think qvc should expect to see a huge drop in sales, ok they cannot control exchange rates and increased cost to get goods, but ultimatly i think very few of us will have the spending power we have had over the last few years.

so my guess is we will either see qvc having to accept they drop their profit margin to retain customers, or they start to sell more uk goods.

i suspect we will see some tv retailers go under sadly, tho hopefully qvc will not be one of them

well to be frank i think qvc should expect to see a huge drop in sales, ok they cannot control exchange rates and increased cost to get goods, but ultimatly i think very few of us will have the spending power we have had over the last few years.

so my guess is we will either see qvc having to accept they drop their profit margin to retain customers, or they start to sell more uk goods.

i suspect we will see some tv retailers go under sadly, tho hopefully qvc will not be one of them

I think this is much more the point. I have drastically cut my spending already, and I don't envisage any spending on fripperies from QVC in the forseeable future. If prices go up substantially, the sales figures will simply fall correspondingly and QVC (and their suppliers) will feel the pain.

That what happens when QVC UK lean so much on the US market. Their fashion, loads of the jewellery brands South Western, Honora etc. The beauty brands appart from Elemis are EU or American now. I don't count Lulu etc as no idea where they are actually made. Gatineau and Decleor are French. Laura Geller, Philosophy and Smashbox will be going up no doubt. The latter was always really cheap on QVC compared to counter prices.

Gatineau started off French but it's been owned by Revlon since 1980! It's their skin care line.

(You wouldn't think this though watching the Gatineau hours on QVC would you!)

i think gatineau is under l'oreal not revlon unless revlon is owned by l'oreal. l'oreal is so high street though and not prestigious. its a bummer when you think that gatineau is quite an expensive brand. not that alison young would admit to that though.

No, it's definitely Revlon. Got this from the Wall Street Journal website:-

Revlon, Inc. conducts its business exclusively through its wholly owned operating subsidiary, Revlon Consumer Products Corporation, which manufactures, markets and sells an array of cosmetics, skincare, fragrances and personal care products. Revlon is a mass-market cosmetics brand. The Company's products are sold worldwide and marketed under such brand names as Revlon, ColorStay, Fabulash, Super Lustrous and Revlon Age Defying makeup with Botafirm, as well as the newly relaunched Almay brand, including the Company's new Almay Intense i-Color collection, and the Company's latest brand, Vital Radiance, in cosmetics; a new Almay skincare line, as well as Ultima II and Gatineau in skincare; Charlie and Jean Nate in fragrances; Revlon and Expert Effects in beauty tools; and Mitchum, Flex, Colorsilk and Bozzano in personal care products.

For two years Revlon’s patriarch, Chairman Ronald Perelman, has watched the company lose money, sales and market share to competitors L’Oreal SA and Procter & Gamble Co.

Amazing what you find out when you start investigating isn't it? That fake French accent from Sara Griffiths won't fool us!!!

revlon is still a high street brand. i wonder if that will be a selling point with the more expensive prestigious gatineau when they hoik up the price of mealtoginine.

I always wondered why I'd seen Gatineau products in TJ Hughes and cheap beauty shops when it supposed to be a 'prestigious salon brand'. I know you can find Decleor in TK Maxx and Superdrug but it's still quite expensive. I once bought a huge 400ml Gatineau cleanser for £3.99! Now I know it's owned by Revlon it makes more sense.

A t-caller asked Andrew a couple of years ago 'how come they're selling Gatineau in TJ Hughes?' He looked a bit startled then said that they were probably imported 'grey goods' and not to buy them because they were probably very old stock! :redface:

does the same apply to goods imported from Wales cos they were trying to flog two standard sized packets of bacon and two standard sized packets of sausages for 27 quid (including postage) earlier today.

I saw that Burly. I could hardly believe my eyes!

But getting back to Gatineau - am not surprised it's got something to do with Revlon. I've always found Revlon stuff to be a bit naff, overly perfumed and rather hyped, which is just how I've found Gatineau. And I once got a huge cleanser and toner from TKMaxx too for about £5 each. They didn't smell or look old, but I hated them.

I saw that Burly. I could hardly believe my eyes!

But getting back to Gatineau - am not surprised it's got something to do with Revlon. I've always found Revlon stuff to be a bit naff, overly perfumed and rather hyped, which is just how I've found Gatineau. And I once got a huge cleanser and toner from TKMaxx too for about £5 each. They didn't smell or look old, but I hated them.

Well the association has put me right off, i will stick to Decleor :11:

My friend( after being made redundant ) has just started driving a delivery van for one of QVC 's and other shopping telly's delivery service and has been told that while in the run up to Christmas they expect to be reasonably busy it so far hasn't been as busy as either of the last few years and that after Christmas they are expecting the work load to fall right off , as sales are expected to be down by up to %30 .So one has to assume that either they are going to be taking a cut in profits or company's will start to go under.

QVC is normally more expensive than elsewhere anyway, maybe its about time they bring prices down and more people will shop with them, and bring in a max p+p charge too.

As you may have noticed most of retailers are stating % off days, they have done this for the past few years but i think this year will be even better, WH Smith are offering £10 off every £30 you spend in certain stores this year so spend £300 and £100 is took off your bill.

If QVC dont change there ways alot ofcustomers will leave and not come back

Has anyone actually seen a Gatineau salon? I ask this because I never have.
Decleor and Elemis yes been for facials at both and even other brands QVC sell.
But Andrew etc goes on about Gatineau being a salon brand and if you went to one etc.

We used to have a shop in Belfast in Castle Court which sold Gatineau,also OPI,Aveda and Ozzie Tea Tree Brand sold on QVC. But their facials where Aveda.

Oh there is a thought, when was the last time any seen the Tea Tree on QVC?
They used to have it regular and TSVs too.

No I have never seen a Gatineau salon. I seen gatineau on cosmetics direct site in the past.
i don't mind Gatineau cleansers but i have the Meltogenie wash and it annoys the hell out of me that some of the silver coating of the lid comes off in my hand every time I use it.Fortunately I did not purchase it I got with my passport points, but it would put me off pruchasing.

Hi we have one in Romsey nr Southampton they get the Tsv a few days after QVC and i buy them then no p&p and at least a week for delivery:10:

Latest posts

Back