BE question re: covering redness

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cupcake

Registered Shopper
Was watching the show last night and saw that one of the models had red cheeks (rosacea??) which SJ managed to cover up very successfully. How much BE is she using to do that??

I decided to give my BE another go this AM as my skin is taking forever to heal and thought this might help. I am no redder than the model last night but have not been able to make my red cheeks disappear - no matter how much I buff or layer it up! Can you buff too much??? I noticed SJ doesn't buff that much on the show. There's clearly a knack to this, which I don't appear to have.

I've tried many times like you do cupcake and no, it won't cover up! (Maybe we are doing something wrong?) So I've given up and am looking for a good concealer now :25:

use a the large kabuki brush its excellent for coverage better than the flawless brush (which sheds terribly)
anather tip is to layer the foundation buff it on then start again with more minerals. keep on until covered.

Another Summer Bisque user here.

I also bought the Ultimate Kabuki brush from Jayne's site (Just Beauty Direct) and that made a huge difference ... the BE brush was very scratchy on my skin whereas this one is really soft and makes the buffing process much easier and gives a better result.

Summer bisque is fantastic for covering redness - I find the bisque makes me look like Data from Star Trek if I apply it to my cheeks or nose.
I apply it over foundation

Yes, it does to me that's why I stopped useing it. Will try Summer bisque then. Im sure I've got some somewhere... Thank you, Jayne :)

I also bought the Ultimate Kabuki brush from Jayne's site (Just Beauty Direct) and that made a huge difference ... the BE brush was very scratchy on my skin whereas this one is really soft and makes the buffing process much easier and gives a better result.

Seconded, brushes from Jayne are so much better than BE brushes.

I was advised to get the bisque to cover redness, how does it differ from summer bisque please, I use the light BE foundation...I do get confused though as to what to layer on what with the various radiances and mineral veil.And yes the BE brush is very scratchy I thought it was just my sensative skin.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive never got on with the be foundation, it doesnt look flawless on me no matter how i try nor does it cover anything, summer bisque however i cant recomend enough, i use it on blemishes it really covers redness

I use the green Smashbox primer under my fairly Light BE foundation, and that is a good (but not perfect) combination

Does anyone use the concealers (I have bisque & well rested) under the eyes? I always end up cakey and it looks really noticeable. It also does it with the foundation if i go too close too. Any help would be appreciated!

Another Summer Bisque user here.

Yes I use that Ultimate brush (also for my Smashbox Halo) - it's fab isn't it?

ive never got on with the be foundation, it doesnt look flawless on me no matter how i try nor does it cover anything, summer bisque however i cant recomend enough, i use it on blemishes it really covers redness

Actually, that's one of the reasons I stopped using BE - it never looked quite right on me and sometimes it makes my face look really hairy (it isn't!) but as my rosacea has been really bad for about a month now, I thought it might help if I switched back to minerals whilst it sorted itself out (seeing as nothing else seems to be working). Must have a look for Summer Bisque though as so many are recommending it.

Summer bisque is fantastic for covering redness - I find the bisque makes me look like Data from Star Trek if I apply it to my cheeks or nose.
I apply it over foundation

Hi Jayne,
When will you be getting Summer Bisque in stock? Would Well Rested work instead - or is that something completely different? I have used it before - but it was a long time ago!!

BE question re covering redness

I use the green Smashbox primer under my fairly Light BE foundation, and that is a good (but not perfect) combination

I agree Dips, the Smashbox green helps but it's not as good as I expected it to be.

I'm a redhead with pale skin and use light and fairly light be foundation. I use the multi-tasking bisque with the synthetic be concealer brush and it covers the roseacea on my nose really well. Friends have said they didn't know I had roseacea so it must be working :) I found that cream concealers just slid off and made it look worse. I think the summer bisque is darker (?) And the well rested is good for dark circles.

I'm a redhead with pale skin and use light and fairly light be foundation. I use the multi-tasking bisque with the synthetic be concealer brush and it covers the roseacea on my nose really well. Friends have said they didn't know I had roseacea so it must be working :) I found that cream concealers just slid off and made it look worse. I think the summer bisque is darker (?) And the well rested is good for dark circles.

Thanks. I tried Bisque before but it was the wrong colour match for me - seem to recall Summer Bisque being better. Good to know it DOES cover everything though!!!

Latest posts

Back