Beauty Advent Calenders on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have just read that. Interesting that she can openly say how she regrets leaving EL and losing the involvement with the business, a decision she made for family reasons after her illness. And how she lost her highly developed sense of smell after chemo. I went to the website but it is all a bit too pricey for me, sadly.

I was never a fan of Jo Malone perfumes and always felt they were over rated and some of them reminded me of the Yardley floral ones which have been around for decades. The prices of the JM ones got silly and whenever I tested them they just seemed to fade away on my skin or perhaps left me with just a faint whiff of a single note.
Too much money for too little substance but they were fashionable for a while and developed a cult following but if you read the comments under the DM article or on blogs or boards, many many people have complained about how the quality is no longer there and how the fragrances fade away.

£150? Eek!

I've found the Bare Minerals one. It looks quite pink and it's £70 so that's out of my budget for a gift for a friend. I might actually purchase the BM TSV instead for her.

The Countdown To Gorgeous advent calendar contains:

Deluxe Marvelous Moxie Lip-gloss in 5 different shades
Deluxe Pop of Passion Lip Oil Balm in 4 shades
Eyecolor in 5 shades
Blush in 2 shades
Radiance in 1 shade
Original Mineral Veil
Tinted Mineral Veil
Mini Lash Domination Volumizing Mascara
Mini Lash Domination Petite Precision Mascara
Deluxe Skin Longevity

View attachment 12603

I love the look of this.

I saw this morning that the Decleor advent calendar was on advanced orders, so I put my order in for it as I have a few weeks to think on it proper now. It better now be dispatched while I'm still thinking. The price is putting me off - although £51 (incl. p&p) is good value, it's a lot of money to pay for an advent calendar. I tweeted Keeley & she said she isn't aware of any Elemis advent calendars this year.

The Decleor advent is great price at Q, only £45 whereas everywhere else it is £60

The Decleor advent is great price at Q, only £45 whereas everywhere else it is £60

I agree - even when you add in the £6 p&p it's still cheaper.

Mind you, I consistently find that Decleor is one of the best value beauty brands on QVC. If I wasn't choccablock with beauty, I could have spent a fortune this week with several great value offers as part of either beauty day, breast cancer care, or their mini-series. While Fiona isn't my all time favourite beauty guest, she appears professional.

I think its quite a good price compared to other beauty calendars. The contents are supposed to be worth £180. I had the M&S last year which was great but I see they've put the price up this year so now £35 instead of £25 plus you need to spend a certain amount on other products to get it for that price. I love Decleor products & theres a lot in the calendar I've yet to try so excited. Is everyone who ordered gonna keep it for the 1st December?:thinking:

Is everyone who ordered gonna keep it for the 1st December?:thinking:

I think I'm going too - I'm currently doing the Elemis Biotec routine so I might just be done with that by the time 1st Dec arrives. Plus, I go away on 19th December, so I'll have a few to open on my return :) ...or I might open though when it arrives and then the rest as the days actually happen. That sounds like a better idea, doesn't it? lol!

I agree - even when you add in the £6 p&p it's still cheaper.

Mind you, I consistently find that Decleor is one of the best value beauty brands on QVC. If I wasn't choccablock with beauty, I could have spent a fortune this week with several great value offers as part of either beauty day, breast cancer care, or their mini-series. While Fiona isn't my all time favourite beauty guest, she appears professional.

Well done you maymorgan! I too managed to sit on my hands with regards to the pretty amazingly priced collections Decleor had on offer. I too have an impressive/embarrassing beauty haul to work my way through.

I really think Decleor are on the back-burner in terms of sales, and have been vastly over taken by Elemis etc. in terms of sales, which forces them to offer their wares at really competitive prices, which is really great for Decleor devotees!

In terms of the advent calender, if I was after one, whilst a £9 reduction seems appealing, I would really look to another outlet (the hut group perhaps ;-)) that would perhaps offer a 15/20% discount code plus free delivery maybe even with a free gift with two purchases.

I saw this morning that the Decleor advent calendar was on advanced orders, so I put my order in for it as I have a few weeks to think on it proper now. It better now be dispatched while I'm still thinking. The price is putting me off - although £51 (incl. p&p) is good value, it's a lot of money to pay for an advent calendar. I tweeted Keeley & she said she isn't aware of any Elemis advent calendars this year.

I asked at the Elemis counter this morning, they won't be doing it again. Seems the last one did not sell well at all so Elemis decided customers weren't that interested

I did see someone ask the other day on the QVC Facebook page about the L'Occitane one. Usual answer we will certainly ask the buyer about it. One lady replied that if QVC had intended to sell it then they (QVC), would know as they are ordered stock months in advance.:mysmilie_17:

The Decleor one has been delivered to me. It's huge value with big and small sizes. I find even the tiny sizes last for ages as you don't need to use much. I haven't opened it yet - keeping it for December. As a surprise gift it would be very well received.

CC

The Body Shop has three priced at £60, £80, and £99. Each one has a value much higher than these prices but it still seems a lot to me. I like Body Shop products but they are not luxury end.

Re Body Shop - they do seem to have some bigger sizes in the calendars eg 200ml body butter but I am not sure how many of the larger sizes versus minis.

Yay!!

The Decleor one is back in stock on QVC.

I regretted being good, so have ordered it.....for me!!

DD 2's BM one has been dispatched too.

DD 1 wants Lush, cannot find one but have found a Bomb Cosmetics which is available soon.

Latest posts

Back