Beauty bash 2016

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My very welcome what? :emo:

I'm flattered you remembered my post from January :mysmilie_59: I was thanking you for thanking me for my input .... Keep up lol

Anyway back to the Beauty Bash , I hope everyone has a great time.

Nothing for me again this year. Oh well, it sounds like the whole thing's in decline anyway. And I've been to two (invited once) so guess I can't complain.

I don't want to dissuade anyone from going if they're offered tickets or thinking of buying when they go on sale but compared with earlier events when the brands were very generous with samples and full sizes and the reps seemed more chatty and approachable, last year was a bit of a shock. I'd go again but if you're travelling from further afield it'd be useful to know what to expect and it's still funny meeting the presenters and guests face to face, but the overall experience is less welcoming and that could be a factor in deciding whether or not to go. It's symptomatic of the shift in QVC in recent years, more stingy and hard sell, less customer focused, more controlling and prescriptive of the relationship between customer and brands to maintain their in-between position in any on-going transactions.

I never get a ticket :down: This year M&S are doing a beauty advent calender with full size products worth £250. You have to spend £25 on beauty and it will cost £25 but it looks fab. One of the products is the pixie tonic. Caroline Hirons gives a sneek peak of it on her latest blog, thinks is released on 17th November.
The point I am making is that Q needs to up their game if they want people to still shop with them, whats wrong with vendors giving out free samples/products to loyal customers. If you love a product you will buy it again.

I was thinking of getting the Marks calendar. It seems very good value and a bit more accessible than the likes of the Jo Malone one at £260!

qvc dont have to care they will still have thier loyal customer base no matter what qvc does. i did not feel the event is worthy of my time because its a stingy affair. i would rather put anather tenner on the qvc beauty bash ticket stay on the tube a few more stops and have lunch at harrods and watch the world go by

I was sent an invitation last year had no intention of going and certainly no desire to come face to face with any presenters particularly AY.

Never get an invite, don't expect one and wouldn't go if I did. Not wanting to sound snobby but if I hit London. I would be doing the niche perfume shops, the big department stores. Oh and it would cost me a few hundred pounds to organize flights which I would prefer to spend at the SpaceNK event near Christmas. We got a £50 gift voucher last year and full sizes in the goodie bag.

i live minutes from oxford street, harrods harvey nics and i really dont care... been buying expensive make up stuff since i was 14. dont buy make up tsv's anymore as i dont want to spend time and money on kits that i wont ever use up because i only like one item out of six...

I was sent an invitation last year had no intention of going and certainly no desire to come face to face with any presenters particularly AY.

Ha ha, my sentiments exactly, I've been last year, but did my best to avoid presenters and TV guests.

i remember years ago one of the cs persons told me that people that spend a lot of money with qvc get invited to events. qvc look after thier best customers. and dont go thinking if you spend £500 a year on on make up, clothes, gardening you would get a look in. its big bucks...someone else also said it depends on how you spend. so if 90% of your sales is jewellery you are more likely to be invited to a jewellery event.

If this is true, it's bit sad!! I have bought loads of the years and still feel an invite through the post or email would be a lovely Customer Service thing to do :mysmilie_48:

awww i like alison young. she was funny at the beauty bash and hard working

This was my experience as well. She looks much better in real life as well. She had queues of people waiting to speak to her, but she didn't rush anyone, and she'd endless patience with the questions. It was quite funny/sad - Catherine Huntley was nearby, while I was waiting to speak to Alison Young... she was also very nice - smiling and patient, even though she didn't really have a queue at all.

I know it's part of their job, but with long days of doing this, the mask (if it is a mask) didn't slip once.

alison looks very nice in real life so does catherine huntley. but i know no one wants too believe me so does debbie flint. really and truly very pretty and very slim lol. i was telling my sister that no-one thinks she does look so pretty and my sister said i would not believe you only because i actually saw her

This was my experience as well. She looks much better in real life as well. She had queues of people waiting to speak to her, but she didn't rush anyone, and she'd endless patience with the questions. It was quite funny/sad - Catherine Huntley was nearby, while I was waiting to speak to Alison Young... she was also very nice - smiling and patient, even though she didn't really have a queue at all.

I know it's part of their job, but with long days of doing this, the mask (if it is a mask) didn't slip once.

some of the masks do slip though. will, sara g, fiona from decleor, the ybf woman i am a people watcher and i was watching and it was a hoot

alison looks very nice in real life so does catherine huntley. but i know no one wants too believe me so does debbie flint. really and truly very pretty and very slim lol. i was telling my sister that no-one thinks she does look so pretty and my sister said i would not believe you only because i actually saw her

Debbie has killer bone structure, which is the foundation of lasting looks. She's lucked out in the genetic lottery that way. When you see pictures of her mum...a) you don't believe she can be the mother of a 50-something daughter, and b) she loohs amazing in her own right. If Debbie gets to look as good as her mum does, as she ages, it will be a while before we're commenting on her looks deteriorating with age.

I don't find it hard to imagine Sara G's mask slipping, sad to say. I think she can't be the nicest of people with the rude interrupting and the aggressive interrogation style she has when presenting with a guest... one of the reasons why I find her watchable only when she's presenting solo. I've heard people say on here that Fiona can be a terror. More surprised about Stacey from ybf and Will though.

Latest posts

Back