Beauty : Expensive Quality

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’ll own up to the fact that I’ve never heard of Perlier. 😳 Mind you, as I said in my earlier post, I tend to take no notice of these “upmarket” brands. I just stick to the (cheaper) ones I know that I like and which work for me.

I am using Boots Ingredients, similar to The Ordinary. These are Vegan , not that I'm a vegan, but not in stock at the moment grrrr.

The Times ran an article about Caroline Hirons yesterday. There’s an accompanying list of her recommended products. I’m sitting on my hands, but I’m tempted as some of them are on offer! (#2, #5 & #8)
View attachment 18725
You can also buy #2 and #8 from Boots and #9 from Marks&Spencer. I'm using the Neutrogena Hydro Boost moisturiser at the moment (for dry skin) and it's very good, one pump of the gel is all that's needed for the whole face.

I never considered Perlier expensive, the first place I ever saw the brand was in the mid-80s in a Sainsbury's. They might try to push the brand now as something different but back then it was the fact it was Italian made that give it's oh factor and the honey. They sold the brand for years on QVC US and it was always bath products and again not expensive. I read the QVC US forum and people used to post about it how lovely it was nothing about the prices.

Full Times Magazine article...

She was in the Mail On Sunday the week before. She has a book coming out so doing the press. Caroline is very much about the active ingredients. I met her at a SpaceNK event about 2 years ago, she was very tall and friendly. She just told me to continue doing what I was doing as my skin was good.

Elemis PCMC and Oxygenated Night I use with no problem and are the only things I use in this range although the Oxyg I can live without. Their pro radiance cleanser knocked my skin out for 6 months and whilst it was sensitive before it’s extra, extra sensitive now. Garnier range is fab for my cleansing needs and La Roche Posay I tolerate really well. The simpler the better for me. Oils are an absolute no no, they make me look like I’ve been in a fire!

Elemis PCMC and Oxygenated Night I use with no problem and are the only things I use in this range although the Oxyg I can live without. Their pro radiance cleanser knocked my skin out for 6 months and whilst it was sensitive before it’s extra, extra sensitive now. Garnier range is fab for my cleansing needs and La Roche Posay I tolerate really well. The simpler the better for me. Oils are an absolute no no, they make me look like I’ve been in a fire!
less is sometimes more in the skincare world specially anti ageing...

I’m going to try the plant derived Squalane oil as my skin is very dry , interesting that Caroline said you absolutely do not need to use a serum and moisturiser from the same range, in fact she said avoid if they tell you to do so.

I’m going to try the plant derived Squalane oil as my skin is very dry , interesting that Caroline said you absolutely do not need to use a serum and moisturiser from the same range, in fact she said avoid if they tell you to do so.
No need to buy a branded squalane oil. I buy the one in the link below which is £12 for 100ml (enough for a year) plus p and p and add a dropper and smaller bottle (to decant some of the oil into and they cost just pennies) to my shopping basket. I also buy their rosehip oil which I use too and works out much cheaper at £9 for 100ml.

No need to buy a branded squalane oil. I buy the one in the link below which is £12 for 100ml (enough for a year) plus p and p and add a dropper and smaller bottle (to decant some of the oil into and they cost just pennies) to my shopping basket. I also buy their rosehip oil which I use too and works out much cheaper at £9 for 100ml.
Thanks Vienna,

Latest posts

Back