Beauty Gift Ideas with Shay & Blue TSV 22/11/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Youth Dew would make me retch whenever I would smell it - usually on shoppers at 10 in the morning - NOT when you want to smell any strong perfume. I remember in my days of working in an office back in the 80's, and I would have to walk through an office of young'uns all wearing something different - Poison, Opium, Georgio - and was quite nauseous by the time I reached my office.

My only bottle of Shay & Blue, ended up as room fragrance as it didn't last long on me.

I’d get a migraine before I got the other side of the office.

My mum wore Youth Dew as her good going out for the evening perfume. It made my neck itch if I wore it.

I suggest you do not come to Belfast everyone wears perfume on public transport men in suits on the street blasting their sillage. Women walking around I sometimes do guess the perfume.

I love my classics like Guerlain and Chanel but not the recent ones. Frederic Malle is very popular mainly Portrait Of A Lady everyone and their granny seems to wear it.

The last perfume I bought was this week Visa by Robert Piguet in TKMaxx they had the 100mls edp for £39.99 had to buy it.

Perfumes are such a personal thing but yes I hated Georgio et al although I have worn Youth Dew but I think it brought me out in a rash.I like the classic Diors Diorella, Dioissimo etc.Have Some Shay &Blue from M&S Beauty boxes/ Advent Calendar but never been keen to purchase further.

Perfumes are such a personal thing but yes I hated Georgio et al although I have worn Youth Dew but I think it brought me out in a rash.I like the classic Diors Diorella, Dioissimo etc.Have Some Shay &Blue from M&S Beauty boxes/ Advent Calendar but never been keen to purchase further.

you cant beat the Dior or Chanel classics and they lasted not like todays version. The blood oranges is a nicest scent out of all the shay and blu because its citrus and warm woods. The onlycurrent thing that reminds me of Diorella or Chanel Christalle is Liz Earles no.1 and its not as well done still nice though

ml for ml

Blackberry Woods Eau de Parfum (10ml) Direct from S&B £25 cost £11.59
Eau De Parfum (100m Direct from S&B £55 cost £25.50
Body & Hand Wash (20 Direct from S&B £16 cost £7.41
Body & Hand Lotion ( Direct from S&B £16 cost £7.41

Total Worth direct £112 cost incl p&p used in calculations £51.91

I bought one of their discovery boxes about 12 months ago, directly from their own website but I can honestly say I would never buy again. I really disliked the Black Tulip and the Blood Oranges was just so so in my opinion, nothing special and it reminded me of a perfume I had from Weleda which is now discontinued.

Its expensive (very), but Creed are in a league of their own. I once bought Silver Mountain, and it was only later I discovered it was a man's cologne ! but it was divine. So I bought it for a chap I was involved with at the time, and it was hard to keep my hands off'im. :mysmilie_14:

Ah, Creed their rose is picked by virgins on the first full month of the year. :mysmilie_17:

They do some really lovely perfumes and I do own a number but the fantasy fairy stories they tell about each one.:thinking:

Green Irish Tweed created for Cary Grant, but real life Cary was dead by the time it was perfected and released. Olivier Creed even admitted this. Jasmine Imper Eugene which is clearly an 80s creation and not 1800s. I read a book about Helena Rubinstein and she travelled to London for Creed to make her hunting/riding outfits so they started as Taylors.

I find all Creed very unisex and really liked the so-called men's before I found any female ones.

Santal Imperial, Bois de Portugal amongst my favs.

We have a counter in my House of Fraser which sells sheds loads all year round. I know the SA and she used to give me samples but the counters all have rule samples only if you buy. Though sometimes they will give.

Favourite Chanels, Bois des Illes, Cuir de Russie, No22, 31 Rue Cambon, 28 La Pausa and No5 but EDT only.

I once had an admirer at work who would give me a bottle of Chanel Allure every Christmas. I didn't like it (or him!) so always gave it to my friend who was truly gutted when said admirer went off me and started carrying on with the pensions administrator. Such is life . . .

CC

Some years back I was very friendly with an older SA on the Guerlain counter, she was even friends with the famous Roja Dove(or his real name Roger), who worked high up in Guerlain.

One year she managed to get a very exclusive bottle of Guerlain which was on very limited release and very expensive. Seems a man came in and bought a bottle for his wife who did love Guerlain perfumes. So after Xmas the woman was in buying something and Hilda asked how she enjoyed the exclusive perfume? Seems she hated it and was using as a foot spray!:mysmilie_19: The damn thing cost over £200 and this was back in 2000 when that was an outrageous price for a bottle of not even pure parfum.

November Shay and Blue TSV - despatch notification

Just wondering if this happened to any of you? I bought and received the Shay and Blue TSV albeit a bit later than normal since I think it was sent direct from the shop/S&B. However I’ve just received a despatch notification saying it’s on its way to me! It could just be a delayed reaction but am puzzled. Has anyone who bought the TSV also just received a delivery notification?

I received the second part of the TSV a few weeks ago but cannot remember if I got a despatch email. I know I got one with tracking for the first part as I was surprised since it came from S&B direct. I have not had an email in the last couple of days about it. I will update you if I do get one. Perhaps you are getting an extra set!

Hi, I think you might be referring to a previous auto delivery? I only bought one TSV - the latest one and it came in one box with the main perfume, the wash and body lotion and the mini new fragrance. I got it ages ago and then this despatch notification arrived. Maybe I am getting another set! I’ll let you know if I do ��

Hi, I think you might be referring to a previous auto delivery? I only bought one TSV - the latest one and it came in one box with the main perfume, the wash and body lotion and the mini new fragrance. I got it ages ago and then this despatch notification arrived. Maybe I am getting another set! I’ll let you know if I do ��

I'm so sorry! I didn't check the TSV date before replying. Ignore me!!!!!

No worries at all. I’m just puzzled at the notification I’ve received. I’m not sure what I’d do if they sent me another set in error.....

Latest posts

Back