Beauty Loves with Illamasqua TSV 30/06/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I do like that they have shown the actual foundation shades on skin. I think it gives you a better idea of the shade than trying to match yourself to a photo of someone else. Being pale skinned with red hair I tend to be between shades in most ranges and that shade of pink is a definite no-no.

All brands will be following.

Skin lightening is illegal as involves bleach. In some Asians cultures, they believe beautiful women must have light-toned skin does not apply to men of course.

What is the definition of the word Fair?

You will get fair beige as the name from now on.
When I have been in large stores in both Singapore and Malaysia their beauty departments were full of lightening products.

I see them on eBay but they are illegal as they can cause permanent damage to the skin.

I remember reading an article in The Guardian which made me stop and think. The Rappers Jay Z etc all their wives and girlfriends are always pale-skinned WOC. Look at Beyonce she has something coming out and promo photos released she looks very light-skinned and nothing like how she looks in real life and she is a light-skinned woman of colour.

There are a few women who keep complaining on the QVC Facebook about how they never ever do the demo foundations on the darker skin tones. Malintha(sp) is there and sort of dabs foundation on herself but anytime they have an African Caribbean model never.

I caught a bit of Doll 10 yesterday and they did the used Fair this is for porcelain skin tones etc. So why not just call it Porcelain which gives many a better idea if they wear that shade. I have noticed some brands now doing a 100 Cool, 200 Cool etc then 100 Neutral up and then 100 Warm, which all about your skin tone which MAC has been doing for years.

Just caught a snippet of the lippy being applied through the light up mirror this morning looked like it didn't match at all with the eye makeup the guest had applied

Wasn't going to bother but had a look & this looks quality. llloyd, you know what to do! Were arrrre youuuuu?

The model looks like Aunt Sally, I don't really like the look but then I don't wear make up so what do I know :p

Is Alison Young in her house in the 4pm show? The room where she's sitting looks bigger than my whole house!! Looks gorgeous.

CC

Latest posts

Back