Beauty Loves with TIli TSV 19/06/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Annoyingly I received a 'we miss you' postcard the other day with a £5 discount on purchases of £20.01 or over 🙄 so I think we can assume that the price will still be £20.00!

What? £21 for a cheap bag with nothing in it?? Really? Wasn't TILI supposed to be a little bit of value and lots of stuff for little money? I can see where it's going. Start off really good, suck folk in, make them happy then give them shoo shoo (and still collect their tied into direct debit payments). Oh yes I once was dumb but now I'm not . . . .

QVC are venturing in to beauty accessories game, getting company’s to make them and calling them Tili, with a ridiculous humongous mark up. You get these bags “free” with some TSVs, it would be better hanging out for one of those.

What? £21 for a cheap bag with nothing in it?? Really? Wasn't TILI supposed to be a little bit of value and lots of stuff for little money? I can see where it's going. Start off really good, suck folk in, make them happy then give them shoo shoo (and still collect their tied into direct debit payments). Oh yes I once was dumb but now I'm not . . . .

The little samples are testers or trial sizes given free by the company’s to go in to the Tili boxes, so the mark up for QVC on these is 100%, the £20 you’d pay for a Tilli is actually for the cardboard box it comes in, makes £21 for a cheap vanity bag a steal. 😂

QVC are venturing in to beauty accessories game, getting company’s to make them and calling them Tili, with a ridiculous humongous mark up. You get these bags “free” with some TSVs, it would be better hanging out for one of those.

I was going to say the same about getting the bag free with TSVs and other sets. I’ve got dozens of the damned things. Some of them are nice enough but I always think I wish they would knock a few quid off the total price instead and leave the bag out. The new Tili one is very much like one from a Philosophy TSV a few years ago - same zip pulls and everything. Wait till they start selling new sets with the bag and adding £20 to the “value”.

D924AF41-F23B-4A70-B2F1-610DE0668C7A.jpeg

Very much like the vanity bag which was £99 ,on offer to some at £20 then £35 & now sold out ,without the contents.

Yes it probably is the same, or similar, made by the same supplier. I think QVC see themselves too upmarket to sell something for a fiver, if they did (never happen) and then you add the postage it’ll be nearer a tenner, still not worth the price, you can buy these anywhere for under a fiver.

I was going to say the same about getting the bag free with TSVs and other sets. I’ve got dozens of the damned things. Some of them are nice enough but I always think I wish they would knock a few quid off the total price instead and leave the bag out. The new Tili one is very much like one from a Philosophy TSV a few years ago - same zip pulls and everything. Wait till they start selling new sets with the bag and adding £20 to the “value”.

View attachment 19025

That's so true 😂. I don’t think I’ve ever used a vanity bag, they tend to lob one in almost all the beauty TSVs. ❤️

That's so true 😂. I don’t think I’ve ever used a vanity bag, they tend to lob one in almost all the beauty TSVs. ❤

I know some like them but I just have no use for them. If I’m going out for the day (sorry, I mean when I used to go out for the day, back when we could!), I would have a large-ish cosmetics bag in my main bag with things like make-up, hand cream and other things to keep handy. But I don’t need 10! Charity shops like them, though. I took a few in last year, some from Q and some from Clinique, etc. They priced them up at £3-£10 and they soon sold, I noticed. I was happy the charity got quite a few quid.

I know some like them but I just have no use for them. If I’m going out for the day (sorry, I mean when I used to go out for the day, back when we could!), I would have a large-ish cosmetics bag in my main bag with things like make-up, hand cream and other things to keep handy. But I don’t need 10! Charity shops like them, though. I took a few in last year, some from Q and some from Clinique, etc. They priced them up at £3-£10 and they soon sold, I noticed. I was happy the charity got quite a few quid.

Aw yeah you’re right, nice to pass them on when you get them in a TSV, just don’t get how they’ve got the nerve to charge £21 for that one though, wait scrap that, yes I do Kerching! 😆

I took all my Decleor TSV bags to the charity shop and the lady that works there said they sell within hours and they can get a decent price for them. The Liz Earle ones are popular as well apparently. I never use them and would prefer the TSVs dropped them and put in some sample products instead.

CC

I took all my Decleor TSV bags to the charity shop and the lady that works there said they sell within hours and they can get a decent price for them. The Liz Earle ones are popular as well apparently. I never use them and would prefer the TSVs dropped them and put in some sample products instead.

CC

There you go - this was my experience, too. I agree with all.

Latest posts

Back