Beauty Pick of the Month with Free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Has anyone tried the Ultrasun Anti-Pigmentation face cream? It has very mixed reviews on Q but the large one for this month is a good price. I have a bit of pigmentation through years of sun damage when I was younger. I would like to have a go at fading it a bit. Or, any recommendations for something that works.

Has anyone tried the Ultrasun Anti-Pigmentation face cream? It has very mixed reviews on Q but the large one for this month is a good price. I have a bit of pigmentation through years of sun damage when I was younger. I would like to have a go at fading it a bit. Or, any recommendations for something that works.
you could use Alpha H the liquid or their masks in the night and use the Ultrasun during the day to block out the sun. things like this can take several months or well over a year.

I’m quite interested too. It’s very good value, and will last for ages. But as you say, very mixed reviews

Thanks Boffy, think I will have a go with your suggestion. If the cream is rubbish I can send it back.
Vitamin C serum is mean't to be one of the best things for pigment. But you must get the right one & be religious am & pm. Or Azeliac acid.

The ultrasun, I believe will not fade pigment. It does block the sun, but is very thick/unctious. Use it carefully around clothing -it will stain pale stuff.

I would avoid it in tropical heat. I used it in strong heat & the cream combined with the sweat gave me a raised hive like rash which I had for at least 5 days & needed to use cortisone on.
It is not as good as she says it is, but would be good for hands (at blocking) & providing longer lasting protection with a cosmetic benefit.
Don't expect it to fade pigment. The actives simply aren't there. What it does do is provide a sort of 'cast' which disguises them, which is what we see when she does the 'hand' demo.

Vitamin C serum is mean't to be one of the best things for pigment. But you must get the right one & be religious am & pm. Or Azeliac acid.

The ultrasun, I believe will not fade pigment. It does block the sun, but is very thick/unctious. Use it carefully around clothing -it will stain pale stuff.

I would avoid it in tropical heat. I used it in strong heat & the cream combined with the sweat gave me a raised hive like rash which I had for at least 5 days & needed to use cortisone on.
It is not as good as she says it is, but would be good for hands (at blocking) & providing longer lasting protection with a cosmetic benefit.
Don't expect it to fade pigment. The actives simply aren't there. What it does do is provide a sort of 'cast' which disguises them, which is what we see when she does the 'hand' demo.
The sun cream is to stop hyper pigment but you will have to use something to help fade it there are a few brands as suggested. Alpha H is a brand I have used for many years mainly for refining but I believe its good for pigmentation marks. Anything like this will need many many months of dedication to work.

I bought the supersize last year as I have a little pigmentation patch on my cheek bone and one on my temple. Despite the pump not working property I persisted right through the summer in the hope they would fade but saw no change at all. Posted a one star review on the QVC site the other day. I don't dispute the sun protection but regarding the anti-pigmentation qualities it was a total waste of money.

Thanks for the replies folks, think I will have to try another way. Like you Almerinda I have a small patch on my cheek. The presentation on Q is obviously a load of crap, as Abi said it would diminish pigmentation, big fibber. Glad I can come on here and get some decent info. Thank you all. ❤️

Thanks for the replies folks, think I will have to try another way. Like you Almerinda I have a small patch on my cheek. The presentation on Q is obviously a load of crap, as Abi said it would diminish pigmentation, big fibber. Glad I can come on here and get some decent info. Thank you all. ❤️
Abi also said Ultrasun is/was given out on prescription!!!
I expect she'd lie about her own name to obtain a sale

Agree with comments regarding effect on pigmentation marks or should I say lack of.I have many and I think it is damage from many years ago but I have used Ultrasun religiously for years and it has done nothing to improve them, in fact I have new patches.

Agree with comments regarding effect on pigmentation marks or should I say lack of.I have many and I think it is damage from many years ago but I have used Ultrasun religiously for years and it has done nothing to improve them, in fact I have new patches.
The one that was on offer was a specific anti-pigmentation one not the regular Ultrasun

Latest posts

Back