Bella magazine & julia roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A QVC presenter will never be verified as a celebrity by Twitter and Instagram meaning they’ll never have a blue tick next to their name, unfortunately the only people who think they are celebrities at QVC, are the saddo, wannabes slebs/presenters themselves.

Well after seeing this, and knowing I wouldn’t be able to stomach opening a copy of Bella (no offence to those who enjoy the mag!), I googled and a link to Julia’s new blog post came up...

Reminded me while QVC presenter blogs are best avoided at all costs. They’re generally - from the few ice read, especially in the case of Julia and Debbie - either full of tedious self-promotion or equally tedious product promotions...

Julia’s is the former on this occasion - as someone said she’s on a lux holiday in Mexico. Priceless..!

“Funnily enough, a couple of days after our anniversary, our ‘love’ story was covered in a two-page feature in Bella magazine. There was also a small photo of us on the cover, sandwiched between Meghan and Harry, and Nicole Kidman – not bad company to be in.“

Then going on about now having 2 anniversaries - living with partner and wedding - she said she had been in touch with an old pal and posted an old photo.
But it’s the last line that got me... sadly she doesn’t look ANYthing like Judy Garland LOL!

“Jeff, who played Wishee Washee when he and I were working together in Aladdin at the Ashcroft Theatre in Croydon. In case you’re unsure, I’m the one in the checked shirt – I look a bit like Judy Garland!”

Wow. Her ego knows no end at all.

UPDATE......

Bella mag only publishes two letters a week, and guess what ? this week one of the letters is clearly from a fan (or family relative) gushing about the article, alongside the repeated wedding photo.

What narks me is, that segment of the magazine is for readers who have an interesting story, and are paid for it. Ok, Julia has as much right as anyone to do this, BUT I would wager that Bella readers are more in need of the money than Julia Roberts, so she deprived someone of getting a few quid in my mind.

It would have done her credibility no harm if there was a note at the end of the article saying she was donating her payment to charity.

She doesn’t give it a rest. She is so self obsessed it is nauseating. As if some random person
would have read her story and would have been moved to write a letter to the magazine. Good heavens, she met a man, lived with him, had children and many years later they got married. I hope her books are more interesting!

She doesn’t give it a rest. She is so self obsessed it is nauseating. As if some random person
would have read her story and would have been moved to write a letter to the magazine. Good heavens, she met a man, lived with him, had children and many years later they got married. I hope her books are more interesting!
They're all self obsessed. I heard CHuntley raving about Kim's pleather jacket today, she called her a genius & went on to talk about being a vegan. She even went on to say that she knew she mentioned it frequently :blabla: - this is her going on & on & on...

On the rare occasions I buy from QVC I certainly don’t buy because I have been influenced by the presenters. I find them so off putting I can’t watch for more than a few minutes or I have to use the mute button. What makes QVC think that we want to be subjected to the same group of presenters day in day out. We can almost predict their sales patter even before they have uttered it.

They're all self obsessed. I heard CHuntley raving about Kim's pleather jacket today, she called her a genius & went on to talk about being a vegan. She even went on to say that she knew she mentioned it frequently :blabla: - this is her going on & on & on...

Does it make her feel she belongs to a select and superior group by mentioning she's a 'vegan' all the time ! otherwise why would she bother mentioning it ? I'm a wine-free zone but I don't continually bang on about it (cant drink wine, its toxic to my tummy), but I don't feel smug when others are having dry-January's and the like, its just how I am.

If Chuntley isn’t bragging about her bush, jewellery designs for Clogged gold that has no gold in it made in China, sign language, it’s being a vegan, the fact she feels this life choice is something to brag about, means she’s not a real vegan but a part time one who chose the lifestyle because her boyfriend is a vegan. She’s done the English men, the Welsh and the Scottish so if you’re an Irish man.......she’s comin’ for you next. :RpS_w00t:

If Chuntley isn’t bragging about her bush, jewellery designs for Clogged gold that has no gold in it made in China, sign language, it’s being a vegan, the fact she feels this life choice is something to brag about, means she’s not a real vegan but a part time one who chose the lifestyle because her boyfriend is a vegan. She’s done the English men, the Welsh and the Scottish so if you’re an Irish man.......she’s comin’ for you next. :RpS_w00t:

Somebody better warn Miceal!

A vegan diet does have certain health benefits, however, the TRUE vegans I've worked with, the civil service & teaching profession seemed to attract them, were committed to animal welfare & protection of the environment. CHuntley doesn't appear to have these concerns because she uses products from companies that test & hasn't any concerns about plastic, whether excessive packaging or the pleather creations of Kim 'the genius' Mendelson. Several years ago she lost a fair amount of weight, however, I think she now looks more sunstantial, & this could be a result of personal contentment or from eating lots of avocados, nuts & oils, either way I think she's a hypocrite of the highest order.

I don't know any vegans actually, and out of my many friends and family I only know two vegetarians - which they have been for decades, and neither of them have made a big deal of it, but whether they are any healthier its hard to say. Most of us can help to prevent certain illnesses with lifestyle, but genetics and luck of the draw plays a bigger part.

Does it make her feel she belongs to a select and superior group by mentioning she's a 'vegan' all the time ! otherwise why would she bother mentioning it ? I'm a wine-free zone but I don't continually bang on about it (cant drink wine, its toxic to my tummy), but I don't feel smug when others are having dry-January's and the like, its just how I am.

Well I’m putting it out there, I’m a teetotal pescatarian. Nope, can’t hear bells and whistles and whoop de whoop. Oh well! I love animals too, just thought I’d say.

I don't know any vegans actually, and out of my many friends and family I only know two vegetarians - which they have been for decades, and neither of them have made a big deal of it, but whether they are any healthier its hard to say. Most of us can help to prevent certain illnesses with lifestyle, but genetics and luck of the draw plays a bigger part.

I'm a vegetarian and, apart from this, the only time I mention it is when we go for a meal.

Latest posts

Back