Best guests

• Thread starter Deleted member 21102
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

D

Deleted member 21102

Guest Shopper
One of my favourites is the fashion guest, Evie. She sticks to her slightly boho style, looks good in everything she puts on, is always polite and courteous and describes things well. I hope complimenting her on here isn't the kiss of death to her appearing on QVC.

I like Evie too, I find her quite restful to watch, maybe it's her voice.

I think I've mellowed the older I get; I wonder whether I'm crossing over to that place inhabited by the T callers of yesteryear, who love everything?

Talking of yesteryear, I don't think Christmas has been the same since Dexter Moscow stopped showing decorations and umbrellas. He had a very soothing voice and could string a sentence together. I like regional accents, but not at the expense of good diction. Yep, I'm definitely turning into my Mum and Great Aunt Alice!

As I have virtually no interest in jewellery whatsoever, it's surprising that two of my favourite guests are/were both jewellery designers.

I really like Dominique from Taxco Traditions. I think she explains the products really well and you can tell she still has a massive passion for her job.
The other hasn't been on Q for years, but I always enjoyed the Mischa by Design shows. Lovely and very classy guest designer who had some absolutely stunning pieces.

Oh, and neither of them feel/felt the need for the pushy hard sell that Q seem to favour these days. The quality of the pieces is/was obvious and you could just tell you were getting value for money if you were to make a purchase.

Marie-Francoise of Kipling fame. She focuses on the products and doesn’t enter into much of the presenters’ inevitable chit chat. Very knowledgeable and tells us stuff we want to know.

I can't remember her name at the moment but I always enjoyed the Southwestern silver shows, she knew and explained the symbolism of every piece.
I also enjoyed Jenniefer Kirk, I know her jewellery was Marmite, love it or hate it, but her shows were lighthearted, over the top and she was never up herself.
I miss the huge variety that QVC used to have, there used to be something for every taste now it is all similar, usually inferior quality anodyne stuff at hugely inflated prices.

I don’t really watch much QVC these days.

Tend to watch the food hours not that I want to buy anything but seeing the prices of items. But from the past.

Dexter Moscow aka Mr Christmas, was always so enthusiastic Over his products. Joy Manago with her Roly Poly Kits.

When Antony Heywood first left, I would have liked him to have morealess been a part time Electronics guest, as he knew his stuff, used to go back, and popped up now and again to say hi.

Tim Goodwin, I guess you could say he was a Presenter/Guest he knew all about the products, is it true he got the push, some regarding Julian

LJ Rich another

Gianetta/Ginetta the Veronese guest was superb; again a better command of English than some of the presenters, certainly a wider vocabulary!

I wonder whether the common denominator for good QVC personnel is a good communication skills? That's something QVC could look into going forward! :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

For me, the best guests are the ones who know their stuff inside out, have a sense of humour, and are happy to laugh at their own expense.

So for those reasons, my favourites are Simon Brown, Jemma from Molton Brown, Adele from SBC and Rosa from Yankee Candle.

Strangely I like Simon Brown which is odd as I hate cooking but I could watch him for ages, also Jane Scrivner because she really knows her stuff about skincare and doesn’t come out with any BS like other guests.😊

This is the man who did the recent Lock and Lock TSV, isn't it? I like him as well. I don’t know why, but I feel a bit sorry for him, as if I had heard a sad story about him? Anyway, yes, I find him enjoyable to watch. He doesn’t gabble and he presents calmly and clearly.

I can’t comment on the jewellery/fashion reps as I hardly ever watch the shows so no idea who half of them are. I don’t mind Yankee Rosa or Kipling M-F but wouldn’t rush to watch them.

i aree with many of the names, nearly all long gone, Gianetta was always able to make them focus, Dominic (Aura ) and Dominique(Taxco), Mischa who had a really bad TSV and was never see again and the first girl who did Skagen watches.
Even annoying people (Anna LR) or Kimmy I can forgive because they know their stuff.

Clotheswise Joey (Mr Max?) seems ok. the lady who used to do Clarkes was another who knew her stuff.

Unfortunately I cant agree about Evie, to me she s like a wet Whit weekend and I remember she used to go into raptures over Yainis and the overpriced Join clothes. The day she wore the hair band which looked as if it was made out of a sanitary towel she lost any kudos she may has held as stylist.

Im not interested in any of the ones who one minute are having an organism over Sketchers and the next doing it all over again with Renee and tomorrow with MW (yes I mean you Mellisa and Vonda). Much prefer someone who actually has something to do with the brand.

The rest are just awful and not even worth wasting 5 minutes listening to.

i aree with many of the names, nearly all long gone, Gianetta was always able to make them focus, Dominic (Aura ) and Dominique(Taxco), Mischa who had a really bad TSV and was never see again and the first girl who did Skagen watches.
Even annoying people (Anna LR) or Kimmy I can forgive because they know their stuff.

Clotheswise Joey (Mr Max?) seems ok. the lady who used to do Clarkes was another who knew her stuff.

Unfortunately I cant agree about Evie, to me she s like a wet Whit weekend and I remember she used to go into raptures over Yainis and the overpriced Join clothes. The day she wore the hair band which looked as if it was made out of a sanitary towel she lost any kudos she may has held as stylist.

Im not interested in any of the ones who one minute are having an organism over Sketchers and the next doing it all over again with Renee and tomorrow with MW (yes I mean you Mellisa and Vonda). Much prefer someone who actually has something to do with the brand.

That’s a good point about close involvement with the brand they present (as opposed to the brand-hoppers) and likeability. I loved the Leighton Denny shows. He was professional and had a wicked sense of humour; he could definitely laugh at himself and he had some great put-downs for the QVC presenters. In the days when he was a regular, I used to watch Q fairly regularly anyway but I’m sure the fact he was due on made me watch more shows around his. I did have a serious nail polish habit in those days, mind.

I used to like the Southwest Silver lady too.

Who was the guy who used to bring over Christmas gift boxes, bumper packs of them. Was he Lindesy someone? I thought he was lovely.

And Ralph! Never forget Ralph.

It depends what shows you watch though. I never watch fashion, jewellery, tech, household unless I am changing channels and have an advert break before the next programme! So I dont know many people.
I watch Yankee and like Rosa, used to like Steven but dont bother when the other lass is on.
I do like Jemma from MB.
On the beauty front I can watch Laura Geller, Fiona B, Alexis, Andrew, Judith W. I cannot watch Keeley or the Liz Earle BA.

I used to watch far more than I do now and personnel is a definite factor in that change.

Gosh how could I forget about Ralph, loved his shows never really watched afterwards . I have loads of Honora.

I don't watch beauty shows so don’t know about the BAs but as least they seem to be constant to each brand and don’t flit about.

Wet. Yep. that's a pretty accurate description of Evie if you ask me.

I used to like the Southwest Silver lady too.

Who was the guy who used to bring over Christmas gift boxes, bumper packs of them. Was he Lindesy someone? I thought he was lovely.

And Ralph! Never forget Ralph.

It depends what shows you watch though. I never watch fashion, jewellery, tech, household unless I am changing channels and have an advert break before the next programme! So I dont know many people.
I watch Yankee and like Rosa, used to like Steven but dont bother when the other lass is on.
I do like Jemma from MB.
On the beauty front I can watch Laura Geller, Fiona B, Alexis, Andrew, Judith W. I cannot watch Keeley or the Liz Earle BA.

I used to watch far more than I do now and personnel is a definite factor in that change.

Was it Lindsey Bowman by any chance? The name definitely rings a bell.
I did buy some of his gift boxes as it goes, and they were excellent quality. But then I discovered the Giftmate bags and I stuck with them after that because they were so easy, and took up far less room.

Speaking of Ralph, another one who had a lot of fans on here IIRC was Lenny from Nina Leonard.

Latest posts

Back