Best QVC hair product for frizzy menopause hair ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

May

Registered Shopper
I am having issues with my hair in the last Month and even hairdresser says yes a definate shift in its texture and she has suggested overnight conditioning etc ...I've tried it but I think I may need to pay a bit more for the best results ? ...I am "co washing " at the moment ...using just conditioner and no shampoo and I must say it is helping ...(researched on the net) ... I would be soooo grateful for an hints and tips ..thank you in advance :mysmilie_59:

I am having issues with my hair in the last Month and even hairdresser says yes a definate shift in its texture and she has suggested overnight conditioning etc ...I've tried it but I think I may need to pay a bit more for the best results ? ...I am "co washing " at the moment ...using just conditioner and no shampoo and I must say it is helping ...(researched on the net) ... I would be soooo grateful for an hints and tips ..thank you in advance :mysmilie_59:

Have to say, Philip Kingsley's Elasticizer transformed my (before I had it all cut off) frazzled, bleached, knackered hair - before using it, it was like doll hair/straw but after using it, it actually felt like hair. It's expensive but it lasts for ages and it really does work - don't rate his regular shampoos or conditioners though.

I have highlighted hair that is frizzy, and use hot irons on it and curling thingies. I love Philip Kinglsey Elasticizer too. You can use it several ways - I tend to put it on dampened hair in the morning for a short while, eat my breakfast, - hope the postman doesn't ring, and then wash it off in the shower. Sometimes if I forget, I just slightly dampen my hair in the shower and put it on - then wash my svelte body (snigger), and then rinse it off and shampoo, etc. You can also use it overnight which I haven't done as that does not appeal to me.

I also like the shampoos and conditioners, especially the body building conditioner - it just suits my hair type. The Elasticizer last for ages too and comes with a rather fetching shower cap which, if the postman does ring, he will be rather taken with. I don't actually use the shower cap -I just clip my hair up.

Oh and I am going through the menopause too - does it ever end??

I was quite surprised by the good reaction my hair (post menopausal and drier than it ever was but not really frizzy) had to the Aussie Moisture Melt shampoo and conditioner, available from just about any supermarket or Boots. My hair is easily overwhelmed by product and will then go greasy or completely lifeless, so finding something new is always a bit fraught for me. I have tried dear ones but no great result is guaranteed by price IME. I have wondered about trying Liz Earle but this Aussie one may be the one I stick with.

I was quite surprised by the good reaction my hair (post menopausal and drier than it ever was but not really frizzy) had to the Aussie Moisture Melt shampoo and conditioner, available from just about any supermarket or Boots. My hair is easily overwhelmed by product and will then go greasy or completely lifeless, so finding something new is always a bit fraught for me. I have tried dear ones but no great result is guaranteed by price IME. I have wondered about trying Liz Earle but this Aussie one may be the one I stick with.

I can't use that many shampoos and conditioners, as I have an allergy to a product that is in a lot of them. Very frustrating.

Ladies thank you thank you ..all suggestions are so welcome !.... i will dip in ( :mysmilie_17: sorry to use that expression lol,...they always say on QVC I know lol and give them all a go ....love your posts make me crack up lol as ever ...I'm using tresemme non silicone undone conditioner at the moment but ...I think I need a bit of the old shampers lol ....yes isn't menopause wonderful ...never had amazing hair but ...it's never really been uncontrollable ( choc cravings are but not hair lol ) ... thank you again ..will see if I can get the tiny bottles or smaller versions at least but if not partner uses anything I don't lol so it always gets used up :mysmilie_59:....:mysmilie_12:

Have you tried using a hair oil? I put mine on dry hair before I wash it. Then I give it a wash and don't use any conditioner. It leaves my hair really soft and manageable but not greasy. I like VO5 extraordinary oil.

philip kingsley remoisturising shampoo and conditioner. its fantastic for dryer frizzy hair

My mum has the most frizzy, curly, wild hair ever (think brillo pad) and she uses John Frieda products and Philip Kingsley elasticizer to tame it - not perfect but big difference. She is old though so might be different on younger hair.

CC

I too use Tresemme shampoo/conditioner, I bought the near litre size from Superdrug for the almighty sum of £2.50, it was on offer half price and yes it leaves my hair silky smooth, but one of the best things I've ever, ever used was when I used to get an Avon rep, I always bought the Argan Hair Mask in the blue tube for about £3.30 when on offer, and it's the most amazing thing I've ever used on my hair, it's like a thick cream that you put on after shampooing like a conditioner, leave it for a minute of two then wash it off, and oh my word! it left me with the most beautiful silky, smooth hair I've ever had in my life! :mysmilie_14:

I have tried everything Q has to offer and just about everything else on the DHS, too. Co-washing has helped, but I've recently found a leave-in product called La Brasiliana Dieci that has been amazing on my hair.

I'm actually shocked at how good it is (ILS - are you reading this?). It's the first product I've used in 15 years that's left my hair silky. And it definitely keeps the frizz away. It's meant for people who have had Brazilian Keratin Treatment to keep it soft and conditioned, but most of the reviews I read were from people who haven't had the treatment but had heard from others how good it was. I mostly co-wash with Palmers (after giving Wen the elbow because of the rip-off price), though I have a bottle of the new L'Oreal version ready to try. It works well with co-wash or plain shampoo and conditioner.

Fragrance Direct was the cheapest place I could find it. I don't use the matching shampoo and conditioner, though I must admit I'm tempted to see if it has the same effect - it's probably just a normal shampoo and conditioner without salt so it's compatible with BKT, though, so I've held back for now.

If you use straighteners, do yourself a huge favour and buy a Steampod. Yes, it's chunky and heavy, but you do get used to it and the results are amazing. I haven't gone without using straighteners for 15 years and GHDs were making my hair frizzier and frizzier with damage. Steampod has sorted that and leaves my hair smooth and shiny with no frizz. I can even get away with being caught in a bit of rain before my hair reverts to its natural Brillo/Crystal Tipps state.

The next best thing I tried just before the LB arrived was Charles Worthington's Sleek All Week leave-in (the big red tube, not the serum, from Boots). I'm using this on days I don't mind if my hair isn't looking its best IYSWIM. It's the second best thing I've tried on my hair to keep it from going wild, but it doesn't leave it as silky as the LB. I don't use the shampoo and conditioner, though again, I'm tempted to try it to see if it adds to the effect.

My hairdresser keeps telling me a good hairspray would help keep weather frizz at bay but I hate the feel of it and it dries my hair out. I doubt it would help anywhere as much as the LB or the CW stuff along with my Steampod anyway, and then brings me back full circle to having the coarse, stiff feeling hair. that I'm trying to lose.

Good luck. Hair like ours mixed with menopause is so frustrating!

I too use Tresemme shampoo/conditioner, I bought the near litre size from Superdrug for the almighty sum of £2.50, it was on offer half price and yes it leaves my hair silky smooth, but one of the best things I've ever, ever used was when I used to get an Avon rep, I always bought the Argan Hair Mask in the blue tube for about £3.30 when on offer, and it's the most amazing thing I've ever used on my hair, it's like a thick cream that you put on after shampooing like a conditioner, leave it for a minute of two then wash it off, and oh my word! it left me with the most beautiful silky, smooth hair I've ever had in my life! :mysmilie_14:

I'd like to try this mask. Is this it?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/2724...=1006886&device=c&campaignid=207297426&crdt=0

Oh and I am going through the menopause too - does it ever end??

'Fraid it only ends when you're dead love; it's not a stage you go through and come out the other end. :mysmilie_5: Mind you some say classic menopause symptoms can ease off after a while.

My hair's not too bad, but I'm not looking forward to my Wen stock pile running out; Guthy Renker has pulled Wen out of the UK and it really is the best product for my hair. I'll give Yves Rocher a whirl (thanks Vienna for the tip).

Sorry to hear that ..that's how I am with skincare and soaps etc lately ..hope it improves for you

May, I have had the allergy for so long now it is part of my life. Still want to try new things though and get disappointed when I can't.

Latest posts

Back