BID TV - Best value shopping channel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Steve's got an Aquaswizz watch coming up and phonelines will be locked as there's only one left. He's saying it will go to a low, low price :clock:

Edit: it went for £365 in a non stop drop!

Last edited:
[/B]

Im critical of bId when they merit it. but some of the accusations are just utter nonsense. to suggest they purposely want people to dial the wrong number? or that they want people to miss out? i think it shows a complete lack of commercial sense to suggest anything like that would be in their business model.

They don't want people to miss out, and they won't . Let's say they rang the wrong number - Kerching to Bid. I'm sure if they geniunely want to buy the product, they'll ring back on the correct number - Kerching again!

Still ignoring my question bingo. But to be fair having a phone line three times more than others with p&p double most is indefensible.

PJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Steve's got an Aquaswizz watch coming up and phonelines will be locked as there's only one left. He's saying it will go to a low, low price :clock:

Edit: it went for £365 in a non stop drop!

wow £365 for one of those sounds expensive. A guy at work has a Aquaswiss Chronograph and got it for less than £50, it does look rather nice but I don't think I'd pay £50+ for one.
The only watch I have ever liked on Bid was a christian lars one which had the blue face, I know its a cheap brand but it looked really nice & I wish I got it now as I continued to wear my Seiko one to work and the watch strap broke which was almost £120 to replace.

Merry makes perfect sense to me. Just in case you missed my question. If they weren't in the business of making money from missed or incorrect calls, why not have an 0845 number instead of the ones they have and then add 75p (BT take half the call charge) onto the product? Who would grumble at under a pound on a bill. No they do it this way to make money pure and simple just like they make the p&p double most other companies so that if the person returns an item the loose out on nearly £10.

You may not agree with Merry but she is talking far more sense than you on this issue.

PJ

Of course they make money on the phone calls. nobody is disputing that. i doubt though that they PURPOSELY put small quantities on screen so people miss out and they make money from the calls. to suggest they do tells me you dont comprehend the size of the business your talking about.and the actual business model of BID TV. £5 - £6 here and there from missed calls wont pay the free view licensee each year thats for sure. As for locking the phone lines surely that means people cant call? they are told NOT to call. it says on screen. phone lines are locked and the presenter states DONT CALL. if people do then they are daft or stupid or both. lets not forget that this is TV. i think the phone lines being locked adds a bit of drama and tension and surely thats what TV should be about right?

PJ.;694727[B said:
]Still ignoring my question bingo. But to be fair having a phone line three times more than others with p&p double most is indefensible.
[/B]
PJ

And 3 times the SIZE on screen too. if its too expensive for you dont buy from them. its that simple. i know this may surprise you but BID TV are a company and we live in a country where companies have THE RIGHT to charge what they want.i know you dont like it and i know its hard for you to deal with but its on the screen as clear as day. the presenter tells you the charge too. and to my knowledge nobody (as yet) seems to be putting a gun to your head and forcing you to buy anything. they have been going for more than 10 years which tells me not everyone shares your frugal viewpoint.

And 3 times the SIZE on screen too. if its too expensive for you dont buy from them. its that simple. i know this may surprise you but BID TV are a company and we live in a country where companies have THE RIGHT to charge what they want.i know you dont like it and i know its hard for you to deal with but its on the screen as clear as day. the presenter tells you the charge too. and to my knowledge nobody (as yet) seems to be putting a gun to your head and forcing you to buy anything. they have been going for more than 10 years which tells me not everyone shares your frugal viewpoint.

Yes, now! But up until recently it most certainly wasn't so prominent - In fact it was seldom mentioned either, and in fact the presenters told the viewers you will be getting this product for £1, buy five and you'll pay no more than £5 - leaving it up to the viewer to deduce that it would in fact cost nearly £40. I also don't think that objecting to paying nearly £10 pounds on top of the purchase price of every product is frugal, perhaps you have money to burn BW! And btw, if I think the price is too high, guess what? I don't buy it - clever eh? If I consider the product worth having for the money and the extras, yes I'll probably buy it, and I would probably buy a lot more if the p&p wasn't so steep!

Of course they make money on the phone calls. nobody is disputing that. i doubt though that they PURPOSELY put small quantities on screen so people miss out and they make money from the calls. to suggest they do tells me you dont comprehend the size of the business your talking about.and the actual business model of BID TV. £5 - £6 here and there from missed calls wont pay the free view licensee each year thats for sure. As for locking the phone lines surely that means people cant call? they are told NOT to call. it says on screen. phone lines are locked and the presenter states DONT CALL. if people do then they are daft or stupid or both. lets not forget that this is TV. i think the phone lines being locked adds a bit of drama and tension and surely thats what TV should be about right?

They can be seen by anyone who has a TV. I am willing to be they get tens of thousands of viewers and 100's calling in. This isn't every time but most times they sell tat in 100's then a good brand in 2's and 3's.

The worse thing they do is advertise from 9 in the evening an amazing ring is going for silly money then keep advertising it over and over and sell it at 1:30 and may only have 1 in stock. Disgusting.

PJ

Yes, now! But up until recently it most certainly wasn't so prominent - In fact it was seldom mentioned either, and in fact the presenters told the viewers you will be getting this product for £1, buy five and you'll pay no more than £5 - leaving it up to the viewer to deduce that it would in fact cost nearly £40. I also don't think that objecting to paying nearly £10 pounds on top of the purchase price of every product is frugal, perhaps you have money to burn BW! And btw, if I think the price is too high, guess what? I don't buy it - clever eh? If I consider the product worth having for the money and the extras, yes I'll probably buy it, and I would probably buy a lot more if the p&p wasn't so steep!

The P and P is 3 quid more than it should be plus £1.50 for the call.but most of us seem to order online which removes that charge. so we are talking about an extra 3 quid really. not an extra tenner like is so often mentioned. i dont have money to burn. in fact the opposite im trying to make ends meet on SSP at present. if i think something is a good deal i buy it too. BID are good for some stuff but inevitably there are retailers who can beat them for other stuff. if you watch one of the ads for supermarkets nobody has the cheapest price on every single product they sell. but generally i think BID provide good deals and good entertainment with it.

They can be seen by anyone who has a TV. I am willing to be they get tens of thousands of viewers and 100's calling in. This isn't every time but most times they sell tat in 100's then a good brand in 2's and 3's.

The worse thing they do is advertise from 9 in the evening an amazing ring is going for silly money then keep advertising it over and over and sell it at 1:30 and may only have 1 in stock. Disgusting.

PJ

I want to respond to this post but alas have absolutely no clue what it is about. hang on. i will try google translate...

As has been mentioned at least 20 times already but Bingo takes no notice

I can't agree that they are the best value shopping channel, even they don't think so as they dropped the biggest discount channels slogan a long time ago

I'd like to ask Bingowings just what do you agree with that Bid was ever in the wrong with? because all your posts seem to defend everything so to give some balance lets see what you think they did do wrong in the past

Latest posts

Back