Bid's 13th birthday celebrations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes. It's also available at 'lavish choice' for £29.45 and 'very' for £38.95.(I do like the way you slam BID for being selective with their price comparisons but then proceedto do the same yourself) or. As you state you could get it really cheap from an online website that is so well established and reliable it has just had to Change it's name lol.*

Oh I know it's available at very.co.uk for those prices, they conveniently use it as a price comparison. And Littlewoods.com which are probably two of the most expensive retailers.

That's being selective!

Oh I know it's available at very.co.uk for those prices, they conveniently use it as a price comparison. And Littlewoods.com which are probably two of the most expensive retailers.

That's being selective!

No more 'selective' than using a dodgy low price web retailer to highlight how expensive BID are. and ignoring reputable retailers who sell the same product for almost double!
I really don't get this obsession to prove BID are not the cheapest on the planet for every product They sell! They don't claim to be do They? It comes across as really desperate and petty when I see posts where people have gone to the dark depths of the Internet to find a product cheaper just so they have some 'smug' post material.

No more 'selective' than using a dodgy low price web retailer to highlight how expensive BID are. and ignoring reputable retailers who sell the same product for almost double!
I really don't get this obsession to prove BID are not the cheapest on the planet for every product They sell! They don't claim to be do They? It comes across as really desperate and petty when I see posts where people have gone to the dark depths of the Internet to find a product cheaper just so they have some 'smug' post material.

Bid TV: 1.3 / 5
Cheapsmells/allbeauty: 3.9 / 5

I know which I'd choose! :giggle:

source:
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews13727.html
http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews202608.html#Reviews

p.s. some interesting reviews on their £10 credit scam... hmmm

You would choose the obscure web retailer who are so Dodgy they have just had to change their trading name lol. Good luck with that lol

What, like

Bid-Up TV
Bid TV
Bid

Speed Auction TV
Bid Plus

Sit Up
Bid Shopping

You have come up with some pretty lame defences of your beloved company BingBong but that one is particularly weak :giggle: By the way Bingo, cheapsmells.com was commended by the reputable (look it up in the dictionary) Which? magazine and has a 9.5/10 'excellent' rating on Trust Pilot, Bid has a rating of 5.4 which is merely 'acceptable'.

Last edited:

Dodgy?

Please Bingo, don't go down the dodgy path my dahlink as you will seriously be onto a loser :giggle:

Having been told by Peter Simon that there would be a birthday celebration at 01:30 last night, I actually switched to Bid at that time to have a look. The much hyped festivities consisted of an icky close-up shot of a random crew member messily eating a cupcake, followed by the assistant, along with several crew members, fiddling about with a lighter, attempting for about two minutes to light the candles on the cake. Unsuccessfully, of course...

Oh Bid, for sheer bizarre comedy value, you can't be beaten. Don't ever change.

Having been told by Peter Simon that there would be a birthday celebration at 01:30 last night, I actually switched to Bid at that time to have a look. The much hyped festivities consisted of an icky close-up shot of a random crew member messily eating a cupcake, followed by the assistant, along with several crew members, fiddling about with a lighter, attempting for about two minutes to light the candles on the cake. Unsuccessfully, of course...

He had a massive lead up to 'an amazing deal' and he really caught my interest as he guaranteed 13p delivery.

The item? A Philip Mercier watch with a black plastic, mock croc strap for £9.99

Happy Birthday Bid.

and there is a summary of why i watch. haha

Few if any bargains as far as I could see, typical Bid garbage.

Greasy Russell just flogged Cerruti L'essence EDT 50ml for £13 + £7.99 which is supposedly a staggering birthday bargain. Exactly the same product is available delivered for £11.50 from cheapsmells.com (now known as allbeauty.com).

They can stick their birthday bargains!

http://www.allbeauty.com/productPaging.php?productId=76005

I hardly think it's a scandel that a retailer sometimes doesn't have the cheapest price.
Like with every retailer under the sun, they quite simply won't always be the cheapest. And expecting so is just silly.

As Bingo mentioned, Very had it for shy off twice the price.
You imply that's suspicious, but considering they're two completely separate companies, I hardly think there's a conspiracy for Very to look crap for Bid's advantage.

I hardly think it's a scandel that a retailer sometimes doesn't have the cheapest price.
Like with every retailer under the sun, they quite simply won't always be the cheapest. And expecting so is just silly.

You imply that's suspicious, but considering they're two completely separate companies, I hardly think there's a conspiracy for Very to look crap for Bid's advantage.

I didn't imply it was suspicious at all, nor did I suggest it was a 'scandal'. I do think that it wasn't quite the 'staggering bargain' it was made out to be though.

What I do find suspicious (as demonstrated just the other day) is that they use price comparisons for very.co.uk and littlewoods.com (which are part of the same shopping group) which, as I suspect most people know, are home shopping catalogues whose prices are notoriously expensive as they allow you to spread the cost.

Last edited:
I didn't imply it was suspicious at all, nor did I suggest it was a 'scandal'. I do think that it wasn't quite the 'staggering bargain' it was made out to be though.

What I do find suspicious (as demonstrated just the other day) is that they use price comparisons for very.co.uk and littlewoods.com (which are part of the same shopping group) which, as I suspect most people know, are home shopping catalogues whose prices are notoriously expensive as they allow you to spread the cost.

Very is still a retailer, part of a company that most would assume has far more customers then Sit Up.
They're a retailer that has a lot of the same audience too.

It's perfectly fair to compare them.
By the same token, is it wrong for Tesco to say they're cheaper then Waitrose too?

Very is still a retailer, part of a company that most would assume has far more customers then Sit Up.
They're a retailer that has a lot of the same audience too.

It's perfectly fair to compare them.
By the same token, is it wrong for Tesco to say they're cheaper then Waitrose too?

If you think it's candid and open to use home shopping catalogues that factor in monthly/weekly payments into their prices as a fair comparison then I think we're best agreeing to disagree :happy:

If you think it's candid and open to use home shopping catalogues that factor in monthly/weekly payments into their prices as a fair comparison then I think we're best agreeing to disagree :happy:

The weekly repayment doubles the price, and you're okay with that, but not Bid's price?
Sure thing Hoss. I'm sure Bid wouldn't get off lightly if they pulled that :smirk:

The weekly repayment doubles the price, and you're okay with that, but not Bid's price?
Sure thing Hoss. I'm sure Bid wouldn't get off lightly if they pulled that :smirk:

That isn't how very.co.uk and littlewoods.com works, not at all.

Their advertised prices, which Bid regularly use as a comparison price point, include the option (and no doubt the cost) of spreading your payments over a varying amount of time 'interest free' (20 weeks is quite a typical repayment period) and you end up paying the advertised price. However, you can indeed spread the cost even further and that is when they really hit you with interest.

But their standard prices already take account of the standard credit terms and that is reflected in their almost blanket, higher than usual prices. That's the business they are in which is absolutely fine but it's also why I don't personally think it's a fair comparison but if you do then that's fine with me :happy:

Last edited:
That isn't how very.co.uk and littlewoods.com works, not at all.

Their advertised prices, which Bid regularly use as a comparison price point, include the option (and no doubt the cost) of spreading your payments over a varying amount of time 'interest free' (20 weeks is quite a typical repayment period) and you end up paying the advertised price. However, you can indeed spread the cost even further and that is when they really hit you with interest.

But their standard prices already take account of the standard credit terms and that is reflected in their almost blanket, higher than usual prices. That's the business they are in which is absolutely fine but it's also why I don't personally think it's a fair comparison but if you do then that's fine with me :happy:

Well I find all this hilarious lol. You continue to persecute BID for a biased and misleading price comparison when YOU yourself started this discussion by using a misleading and bias price comparison. I'm surprised you have the tenacity to continue the discussion considering how Hypocrytical it all is lol.

Well I find all this hilarious lol. You continue to persecute BID for a biased and misleading price comparison when YOU yourself started this discussion by using a misleading and bias price comparison. I'm surprised you have the tenacity to continue the discussion considering how Hypocrytical it all is lol.

How was using a price comparison from allbeauty.com misleading and biased?

Do tell Bingo, enthral us all with your acumen.

Hello new member, just a bid cutomer who sumbled apon this site no doubt eh .....

PJ

Hello new member, just a bid cutomer who sumbled apon this site no doubt eh .....

PJ

I've been a member of these forums for the last 2 months, reading them for about 6 months.
You'll find the first thread I made was negative towards Sit Up, and the majority of my posts aren't exactly gleaming appraisals of them either.

I guess though it's convinient that the moment I point out that Sit Up aren't terrible for not always being the very cheapest in everything always, I'm apparantly part of some kind of Sit Up conspiracy. So I'll give you what you want, yes, I am employed by Sit Up to post on forums like these. You caught me red handed. :giggle:

Latest posts

Back