Big Deals 11/5/20-17/5/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Does anyone remember the "special stainless steel" odour eliminator? The ZILO.

Very expensive, and "pure snake oil". I know, as I fell for the hype.
Was that the one that Craig Rowe raved about that got rid of the smell of garlic and onions off your hands? I was tempted to buy that but I resisted. I had will power in those days.

CC

Yes, I fell for one of those stainless steel odour-removing things too years ago, although not from QVC. Turns out all you need to do to remove the smell of garlic, onions, fish etc is to wash your hands with soap and COLD water. It has to be cold, as hot water effectively "cooks" the smell onto your skin. Simple as that.

I do like Price’s candles. Bought a set just before Christmas and going through it in lock down. Does Shopping Telly get anything if you click on to QVC from a link posted here? Happy to do that instead of via TopCashback? Thanks.

This ZILO had to be 1/2 submerged in water in a shallow dish. It wouldn't work dry, nor submerged either.

Then the miraculous special blend of stainless steel would eliminate all odours from a large room.

As I said, absolute snake oil, and I did many scientific experiments to confirm this.

Zilo.jpg

Molton Brown Big Deal i think

Molton Brown Recharge Black Pepper 3x 100ml Shower Gels & EDT

Costal Cypress & Sea Fennel
Fiery Pink Pepper
Orange & Bergamot
Re-Charge Black Pepper
Tobacco Absolute

Attachments

• MB BD.jpg
    MB BD.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 146
James Read 3 Piece Sleep & Glow Gradual Tan Collection Big Deal Price £27 + post

Single

Auto-Delivery

Molton Brown 4 Piece Fragrance Layering Collection Big Deal Price £39.98 + post

Molton Brown Big Deal i think

Molton Brown Recharge Black Pepper 3x 100ml Shower Gels & EDT

Costal Cypress & Sea Fennel
Fiery Pink Pepper
Orange & Bergamot
Re-Charge Black Pepper
Tobacco Absolute

I’m sure kind llloyd will do a precise breakdown but I reckon this is only a bit more than half price as the EdeT is usually £60 and the 100ml shower gels seem to be £8 or so each - so approx £84 worth for just under £44 inc p&p. MB themselves have a gift set duo of the 50ml Sea Fennell EdeT plus 300ml bottle of shower gel (so same volumes but with a gift box) for £75.

As I always factor in what things are worth to me or what I’m prepared to pay rather than just looking at the full price and seeing “a bargain” because it has x% off, I’ve decided this is a good deal because I would pay £35 for the EdeT and then have three nice stocking fillers at £3 each. Whether I need any of it is a different question. What am I saying, of course I don't!!

MB 100ml shower gels RRP is £10 Each
MB 50ml EDT in the old bottle which this is has an RRP of £45 (https://www.moltonbrown.co.uk/store...rliYi5Uv1-fXcDMdGKRoCLC0QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds)

so £75 RRP for £43.93 is a bargain

How old is old, please? When did the new design of bottle come in? Presumably, it’s old contents, not just using up old design bottles. Seems a big price hike for a new design bottle (33.3%) unless they reduced the old stock and that used to be £60 as well?

ml for ml

Eau de Toilette 50ml £45 Direct as per SCW cost £26.35
100ml shower gels £10 Direct as per SCW cost £5.86 each

Total worth £75 cost incl p&p used in calculations £43.93

How old is old, please? When did the new design of bottle come in? Presumably, it’s old contents, not just using up old design bottles. Seems a big price hike for a new design bottle (33.3%) unless they reduced the old stock and that used to be £60 as well?

i cant honestly tell you but its recently but it could be new product in old bottles as they done that for Q before

Latest posts

Back