Birkenstock flip flop saga

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I had similar issues with the January Women With Control trouser TSV. I don't buy much QVC fashion, but I travel a lot with my job and I thought they looked like they might be comfy but smarter than leggings and jeans for prolonged sitting on journeys. I ordered a set in Medium but I was sent Small instead (though the label on the outer wrapping said Medium). As it happens, I had ordered a larger size than I really needed as I thought roomier might be better given what I wanted them for, so as they were quite nice trousers which fitted me quite well, I thought they would be good for normal wear (even though I would never normally buy elasticated waists!), but I still wanted some in Medium for travelling.

I called CS, explained what had happened, said I didn't mind keeping them, but asked if they could sell me another set in Medium for the TSV price. They agreed to do this. My original colour way wasn't available, but they had them in a different variation, so I placed my order. These didn't turn up (first no-show for a couple of years), so I had to call CS again who arranged to send me out a non-receipt declaration form. This time a single set in my original colour choice had appeared on the system, but CS weren't prepared to hold them for me until I returned my form (which incidentally took nearly 2 weeks to show up), but agreed to sell them to me at the original price, and I could then ask for a refund when I returned my form. When they arrived, I discovered that this time while again the outside wrapper said Medium, inside the trousers were X-Large! These obviously had to go back, so I called CS again and they arranged to send me a pre-paid label.

As there were no Mediums left in stock, I had to request a refund this time, but as there had been so many attempts to order the same item, they managed to refund me twice by accident for the non-received item as well as for the wrongly sized one. As this was against my credit card, I didn't notice straight away, until they called me to explain what happened. I agreed that I would call them again once I had received my statement. I duly did this when my statement turned up a week or so later, only to receive a further chaser call two weeks ago (bear in mind the original order was early January!) to tell me I still owed them money. I called them back to say that I had already called and authorised them to take the money, but the woman was insistent that I hadn't repaid what I owed them. I authorised them to take the money a second time, but was equally insistent that they checked again. She agreed to do this and sure enough, half an hour later, I had another call to say that yes, I had already repaid them, but someone had allocated the refund against the wrong order. I await my next credit card statement with baited breath to see how many times I've been recharged....

So at the end of all this, I am left with trousers in a size I didn't order and may have been charged twice for them.

One final note, I did notice on the customer reviews that a lot of people are complaining the sizing was off. I submitted a review which I thought was balanced, explaining that I thought the trousers were well made and good quality, but that I had been sent the wrong size twice, even though the outside packaging had the correct size and perhaps other customers with sizing problems should check the labels (which are tiny) to see if they had the same problem. The review has been rejected on the grounds that it relates to a customer service issue. I disagree as although I have had issues with customer service, I didn't refer to these, I only referred to the packing error, which I think is relevant. Anyway, that's the last time I'm bothering to submit a review!

I never order shoes online as I have trouble in the shops! I'm usually a 5.5 or 6 in Next or M&S yet when I go to Deichmanns stores their 5.5 is huge on me but the 5 is too small! It's a shame as they do have some nice styles and the prices are good too.

I had similar issues with the January Women With Control trouser TSV. I don't buy much QVC fashion, but I travel a lot with my job and I thought they looked like they might be comfy but smarter than leggings and jeans for prolonged sitting on journeys. I ordered a set in Medium but I was sent Small instead (though the label on the outer wrapping said Medium). As it happens, I had ordered a larger size than I really needed as I thought roomier might be better given what I wanted them for, so as they were quite nice trousers which fitted me quite well, I thought they would be good for normal wear (even though I would never normally buy elasticated waists!), but I still wanted some in Medium for travelling.

I called CS, explained what had happened, said I didn't mind keeping them, but asked if they could sell me another set in Medium for the TSV price. They agreed to do this. My original colour way wasn't available, but they had them in a different variation, so I placed my order. These didn't turn up (first no-show for a couple of years), so I had to call CS again who arranged to send me out a non-receipt declaration form. This time a single set in my original colour choice had appeared on the system, but CS weren't prepared to hold them for me until I returned my form (which incidentally took nearly 2 weeks to show up), but agreed to sell them to me at the original price, and I could then ask for a refund when I returned my form. When they arrived, I discovered that this time while again the outside wrapper said Medium, inside the trousers were X-Large! These obviously had to go back, so I called CS again and they arranged to send me a pre-paid label.

As there were no Mediums left in stock, I had to request a refund this time, but as there had been so many attempts to order the same item, they managed to refund me twice by accident for the non-received item as well as for the wrongly sized one. As this was against my credit card, I didn't notice straight away, until they called me to explain what happened. I agreed that I would call them again once I had received my statement. I duly did this when my statement turned up a week or so later, only to receive a further chaser call two weeks ago (bear in mind the original order was early January!) to tell me I still owed them money. I called them back to say that I had already called and authorised them to take the money, but the woman was insistent that I hadn't repaid what I owed them. I authorised them to take the money a second time, but was equally insistent that they checked again. She agreed to do this and sure enough, half an hour later, I had another call to say that yes, I had already repaid them, but someone had allocated the refund against the wrong order. I await my next credit card statement with baited breath to see how many times I've been recharged....

So at the end of all this, I am left with trousers in a size I didn't order and may have been charged twice for them.

One final note, I did notice on the customer reviews that a lot of people are complaining the sizing was off. I submitted a review which I thought was balanced, explaining that I thought the trousers were well made and good quality, but that I had been sent the wrong size twice, even though the outside packaging had the correct size and perhaps other customers with sizing problems should check the labels (which are tiny) to see if they had the same problem. The review has been rejected on the grounds that it relates to a customer service issue. I disagree as although I have had issues with customer service, I didn't refer to these, I only referred to the packing error, which I think is relevant. Anyway, that's the last time I'm bothering to submit a review!

This is an issue which is, unfortunately, becoming more prevalent and is unacceptable. Both the QC department at QVC and the warehousing are obviously failing to achieve the standards required for any retail business to maintain a healthy operating level. It is simple to make the first sale to a customer, but it is repeat sales which contribute to the financial growth of a business. If the Q do not address, and eradicate, this problem, shoppers will either stop spending, or not buy as much, due to the hassle and increasing frequency of problems occurring.

I have had reviews rejected for the same reason - that my comments are Customer Services related rather than product related. I do understand their reasoning. It is very unfair for a product to receive a 1star because the courier messed up, or similar.

However, this leaves a gap in communication. QVC may honestly have no idea how many reviews whinge about CS, if their review handling sub-contractor doesn't pass those comments on.

Nowadays, if I have a problem, I email Customer Services. At least that way I have a record.

I am often tempted by the Birkenstocks on Q as they do offer a good range----but I stick to my rule by never ordering footwear by mail order as they need to be tried on to go up/down a size.I have 1 pair of Birkenstocks which now I am used to them are never off my feet, wear them instead of slippers.I bought these in a shop in Germany stocked to the roof with them & a lady running up & down ladders getting them off the shelves.Just seems a bit extreme to go back to get some more! but is there anywhere in UK that stocks a decent range?

I am often tempted by the Birkenstocks on Q as they do offer a good range----but I stick to my rule by never ordering footwear by mail order as they need to be tried on to go up/down a size.I have 1 pair of Birkenstocks which now I am used to them are never off my feet, wear them instead of slippers.I bought these in a shop in Germany stocked to the roof with them & a lady running up & down ladders getting them off the shelves.Just seems a bit extreme to go back to get some more! but is there anywhere in UK that stocks a decent range?

http://www.birkenstock.co.uk/Customer-Services/Our-Stores/

I would like a pair of the soft footbed ones but they seem rarer than hen's teeth.

Anyone got any opinions? Are they worth the extra cost and effort of hunting them out?

Latest posts

Back