Birkenstock TSV 3/5/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

the thought of wearing my birkenstocks is causing me to go into shock still in uggs inside the house and out

Marking this day in my diary, I wore a pair of birkies outside this morning for this first time this year!

Jude xx

the thought of wearing my birkenstocks is causing me to go into shock still in uggs inside the house and out

Totally understand where you're coming from, Boffy. I only have two pairs of Bs, and I wear one of them as slippers. But I agree, it's too cold to go outdoors with no socks and a pair of open toed sandals. Thought it was just me!

I've been wearing my fitflops since Tuesday.I had ballet flats on on Monday but my feet were hot!! Fitflops were the first acessible things out my wardrobe and so they've stayed all week.Gonna sort all my birki's out now - hope the TSV is a good one!

Waiting for the day we get a gizeh TSV!

I have about a dozen pairs of birkis. Two pairs of the EVA flip flops which are absolutely brilliant for the beach, a pair of Gizeh which are my summer dog walking shoes, 2 pairs of piazzas and the other 7 are menorcas. I want the TSV to be menorcas as they are far and away the most flattering style - much better, although very similar to the madrid as they show less toe. I've had mine on all week - I live on the South coast and I've not had cold feet!

Fell for the hype and regretted it - they look and feel like I've got planks of wood strapped to my feet.

I bought some a couple of years ago and walked round in the house for days trying to bed them in. I have never worn anything so uncomfortable in my life and it also looked as though I was walking around in 'boats.' Needless to say, they went back.

I know that loads of people love them but they're certainly not for me. I think walking on stones in bare feet would be more comfortable than walking in Birkis.

If they're not for you,then they're not for you....but if you didn't like them because they felt uncomfortable,I would try another style.

I have styles I love,some need breaking in and some are just beyond uncomfortable!!

I go down a size, my feet are about a 4 and a half but I wear a 3 in Birkenstocks without exception. I could never get on with the original Scholl sandals though. It's worth checking TKMaxx for Birkis, I got a pair of dark brown patent 2 strap birkis (similar to the Tahiti) for £19.99 instead of £49 plus postage!

Jude xx

Yes I go down a size too,I would buy a 7 shoe but wear a 6 Birkenstock.I do think Birkenstock are expensive on QVC.I do look in TKMaxx but never much to choose from.I love the closed toe,soft sole sweety ~ or something like that~ at QVC at the moment....just can't get over the price!!!

Oh My! Nearly £60 delivered! Heck! I have a pair of closed toe clogs, yellow background with floral print but my kids laugh their heads off when I wear them (only around the house) and I'll conceded they wouldn't look out of place on a pre-school kids show presenter, with red dungarees (which I don't own I hasten to add). The fabric ones remind me of the Clarks Doodles my DD wore when she was little.

Jude xx

I like the gizeh. I bought my first pair from QVC in Feb last year so they were reduced. I bought 2 new pairs in January this year from Amazon at a very good price but have now realised that these have plastic uppers - not leather like the pair bought from QVC. I hope the plastic uppers will last OK. Anyone have any experience of the plastic uppers? They have a sort of fleecy underside. My first pair have been really comfortable once I broke my feet into them. They are ugly though but I can walk miles in them.

I like the gizeh. I bought my first pair from QVC in Feb last year so they were reduced. I bought 2 new pairs in January this year from Amazon at a very good price but have now realised that these have plastic uppers - not leather like the pair bought from QVC. I hope the plastic uppers will last OK. Anyone have any experience of the plastic uppers? They have a sort of fleecy underside. My first pair have been really comfortable once I broke my feet into them. They are ugly though but I can walk miles in them.

I have 2 synthetic birko flor pairs and one leather - the leather are nicer, but the birko flor are fine and still look good. sometimes the fleece bobbles and a bit pokes out so i cut it off. I find the sole is the first thing to go - the cork splits.

still no pics but here are the details

Betula by Birkenstock Carna Strap Sandal
Item Number: 106700
QVC Price £36.00
Today's Special Value Price £29.96
P&P £4.95

comes in 4 colours
Black
Blue
Gold
Red

Latest posts