Blimey Dame Joan!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lemonsqueezy

Nice 'n Easy...
Switched on to watch this range as heard good things about it and the reviews are quite good...Well Joan's make up, that she claims to only ever do herself is a real mess especially the eyes,it looks like she's put it on in the dark with shovel.

I know she's not young but blimey less is often more and in this case I'm sure it should be.

On another note she's contradicting and correcting Julia Roberts rather a lot!!

Didn't the makeup artist Jane, used to be on with Liz Earle?

Yes I too thought this was the makeup girl that used to be with LE.Joan Collins makeup seems to get favourable reviews but it looks too heavy & dated to me.Isn't M&S going to stock it?Agree also Dame Joan needs a lighter touch.

Cringeworthy, poor Julia having to contend with a real Dame as apposed to being Queen at QVC... I did think Joan was quite rude at times, maybe she didn't appreciate being called Joan all the time, as apposed to Dame Joan...

Julia's faux posh voice was in overdrive sitting next to a Dame. I don't think Joan was being rude I just think she struggles to know a lot about or remember her products colours and ingredients.

Some people never know when to 'give up', they've had the glory and start to become a caricature of themselves which is sad sight. D/Joan should retire with her make up bag to the south of France, and AT LAST we see the back of D/Barbara Windsor, she who decided she was Mrs Eastenders ! (no Babs, no one person is bigger than the show) - all these 'national treasures' created by the media make me a bit nauseous.

Love her or hate her, Joanie doesn`t seem to want to sit back, read copies of Peoples Friend and wear twin sets and tartan slippers. For her age (82) she still keeps reinventing herself and was recently quoted as saying when people fully retire they usually die within 2 years lol and she had no intention of doing that because she wanted to still be busy in her 90`s.
I`m not her biggest fan by a long chalk but I do admire her sass. The Queen still works hard at 90 and people have been surmising for years that she should hand over the reigns to Charles but hell will freeze over before she does so. During her birthday week the 10pm news followed other women in their 90`s who were still working and amongst them were artists, designers, hairdressers and models, so I reckon Joanie will still be around for a few years yet.

I did get the feeling that Joan found Julia very irritating when Julia said she thought Lady Joan was her and she said 'No I'm Dame Joan, there is a difference you know' then looked into the camera and rolled her eyes. Was hilarious!

:mysmilie_15: well done Joan lol ......some presenters do need to calm down a bit lol ....Joan too old and long in the tooth to be messed about ....she is a madam but well at 82 ...lol but I always laugh when I remember Tony Curtis saying to her when she was being a diva on set ..." Don't be a beep beep " ( female dog expression beginning with B ) lol ....he didn't like her lol but she seems more self effacing when you watch Benidorm lol

That was great!!

I am using Joanies foundation, finally (at the age of 57) I have found a liquid foundation pale enough for me!!

AND I like her perfume!!

Anyone who gives Julia a withering glance is ok by me!! :mysmilie_59:

I did get the feeling that Joan found Julia very irritating when Julia said she thought Lady Joan was her and she said 'No I'm Dame Joan, there is a difference you know' then looked into the camera and rolled her eyes. Was hilarious!

Love her or hate her, Joanie doesn`t seem to want to sit back, read copies of Peoples Friend and wear twin sets and tartan slippers. For her age (82) she still keeps reinventing herself and was recently quoted as saying when people fully retire they usually die within 2 years lol and she had no intention of doing that because she wanted to still be busy in her 90`s.
I`m not her biggest fan by a long chalk but I do admire her sass. The Queen still works hard at 90 and people have been surmising for years that she should hand over the reigns to Charles but hell will freeze over before she does so. During her birthday week the 10pm news followed other women in their 90`s who were still working and amongst them were artists, designers, hairdressers and models, so I reckon Joanie will still be around for a few years yet.

Do 82 year olds STILL wear tartan slippers ??? those in their 70's are the early baby boomers, and are not of the Mantovani age anymore, as for Peoples Friend, good eyesight is a must to read all those stories !! Twin sets ?? um, Q have been guilty of flogging those in the recent past. And as for retiring and being dead 2 years later, I retired in 2006, still here, and will be 68 next birthday, so that blows her theory out of the window. And lets face it, Joanie's career can hardly be described as hard work, with many assistants to help her cope with the vagaries of life.

Last edited:
Like the story late last year on Graham Norton. Maggie Smith(Dame), was answering a question and Graham said something about Ben Kingsley. She replied quickly,"That is SIR Ben Kingsley!" Its well known he insists on everyone calling him Sir.

Yea this was funny! Someone standing up to Julia :) Also when Julia said about drinking champagne Joan said "oh I don't drink champagne, only white wine!" as if Julia should have known that. Haha

Some people never know when to 'give up', they've had the glory and start to become a caricature of themselves which is sad sight. D/Joan should retire with her make up bag to the south of France, and AT LAST we see the back of D/Barbara Windsor, she who decided she was Mrs Eastenders ! (no Babs, no one person is bigger than the show) - all these 'national treasures' created by the media make me a bit nauseous.

Heard her say on GMB that she would never retire and people who do just die!

I also got the impression that Joan isn't really a fan of the three new colours, none of which we're demonstrated on the model or modelled by any of the presenters which was disappointing. When Julia said her favourites were the three new shades Joan seemed to look down on Julia 'Really!' She said and went on to state her own three favourites. I get the feeling they have brought in lighter shades due to popular demand and as a business decision but Joan isn't altogether enthusiastic. She wants to champion the bold lip and these depart from this.

Personally I think there is a place for all these shades and more in this gorgeous formula.

Surprisingly the presenter I thought Joan was warmest to was Jill Franks, I wouldn't have expected that.

Switched on to watch this range as heard good things about it and the reviews are quite good...Well Joan's make up, that she claims to only ever do herself is a real mess especially the eyes,it looks like she's put it on in the dark with shovel.

I know she's not young but blimey less is often more and in this case I'm sure it should be.

On another note she's contradicting and correcting Julia Roberts rather a lot!!

Which of course would be a good thing, obviously trying to take the place of the indomitable Joan Rivers RIP, which of course no-one and I mean no-one ever could!

Dames must be a dime a dozen nowadays, Joan C and Barbara W - neither who could act in a dark room and were never in a proper box office movie. BW might be in Eastenders which has been going for ever but it is hardly Shakespeare.

I don't have an opinion on her make up and if she actually has more to do with it than sticking her name on the packaging I'll accept that but somehow I don't think she has.

Neither of these are my cup of tea.

"Dame" or "Lady" both equally meaningless to me. She named one of her lippies "Lady joan" didn't she. Silly woman, full of her own self-importance. I feel a bit sorry for Julia TBH but I'm sure it was just water off a duck's back.

Latest posts

Back