Boreathon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

G

Graham

Guest Shopper
Good god, I used to love watching craft shows, but Ideal World have managed to suck all thye life out of them

I did try to hold out that hand of friendship to Stephanie Weightman after the disgusting way (in my opinion) that the My Craft Studio CDs have been sold.

All it needed was an aplology, I wrote to Stephanie as I really do hate falling out with people.

She replied:

Hi Graham,

Thanks you for your email, I'm sorry I'm not at home until next week and don't have a private environment in which to respond to your email, I hope you understand and I will get back to you in full next week.

Stephanie x

That was on June 9th 2008, I think I now know for certain without any guilt that it is my opinion that Ideal World is not the place to buy or watch Craft.

You are right Graham -at least the CD-ROM that is the POTD is NOT a My Craft Studio one, actually it has a graphics package and looks better - but how boring?

I don't buy from them - even when I want something - it's just the principal. I wouldn't worry about Stephanie W, she's not worth the time or effort. :rolleyes:

You're both SO right. I've just listened to Ms Weightman trying to read out an email which was praising IW for their wonderful approach to craft - she was reading it so badly and with such hesitation that I actually began to wonder if she was making it up! The implied slating of QVC was hardly subtle either - apparently where IW score so highly is in bringing all the different craft experts into inspire us! Well, yes, they do bring in experts like Glenda Wtaerworth, Jayne Nestorenko etc, but hardly give them any time to do the "loads of demos you all like", as Howard and co keep wittering about. In addition, think about how many of the real experts no longrer appear or are only on very rarely. And I don't mean to be rude, but what IS the field of expertise of the lady who is doing the POTD just now? I've seen her before, but never with CDs, and her presentation last night was so poor that, as a friend put it, she actually made Ms Weightman look like a computer expert.

The other area in which Ms weightman apparently believes they have the advantage is in the huge variety they bring! - yes, she actualy said it live on air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me see, CD-ROms, die cut decoupage, Flowersoft, CD-ROms, die cut decoupage, occasional stamps shows, CD-ROms, die cut decoupage, wonderland multibuys, - I'll stop now, am boring myself to tears.

As a crafter who used to learn a lot from IW and get a lot of pleasure from their craft programmes, I still get ANGRY about what they are doing. Maybe it'll wear off, and indifference will set in. In the meantime I'll just keep doing what more and more people are doing, fast forward through the programmes for ideas and source them elsewhere.

(Passing thought, do you reckon they have enough My Craft Studio devotees lined up to get them their award next year? )

The craft shows are soooo boring haven't they got a dedicated channel for craft ? why should we be subjected to it ? Ms LotsaWeightman sounds a piece of work too :cool:

If I have had a really busy morning working and I need a nice nap, all I have to do is to tune in to any crafting show on Ideal World, I go out like a light, it's 'Ideal' for boring me to a coma type state, it's lucky I have a cat otherwise I might not wake up!;)

it's lucky I have a cat otherwise I might not wake up!;)

Ahhh, you must have a cat like this one then!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w0ffwDYo00Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w0ffwDYo00Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I have only caught a couple of hours this evening of the craftathon, and there has been far too much focus on CD's and not nearly enough demo's.

I have taken a look a few times but it is almost unwatchable, why doesn't SW show us exactly what images we get with the CD's. After all the problems I would not buy a CD from IW unless it is very clearly nothing to do with My Craft Studio and they don't make things clear enough for me to feel confident of what I am buying. I so second the comments about the incoherent reading out of emails from avid fans.

I think IW are doing overkill with Crafting. As I've said before, a week without Mz W eightman & Craft is long overdue. Loved the Cartoon by the way, thanks :D

OMG the cat flick was soo funny, I reckon that is what my cat does, I can be in the deepest sleep and she manages to wake me some how, brilliant loved it, thank you:D

I totally agree Graham. IW have managed to suck the living daylights out of craft and card making, I mean why 72 hours of it? It just beggars belief.

Isn't it about time IW held their hands up and admitted that they just aren't performing well anymore?

Not waving but drowning.

It's such a pity because it used to be great to watch as a channel and I like the presenters on the whole, but there's just no reason to watch anymore. Platinum Dreams and Protocol are exceptions IMHO :)

As for the crafting heads need to roll over 72 hours of it. Even hardened crafters don't want it.

Loved the Cartoon by the way, thanks :D

OMG the cat flick was soo funny, I reckon that is what my cat does, I can be in the deepest sleep and she manages to wake me some how, brilliant loved it, thank you:D

No probs, glad it made you smile.
cathug3.gif

With regards to craft, as a crafter, I'm more than happy to have 72hours of it (well less when you take my working day off as I obviously cannot watch it at work)
But they do have a dedicated craft channel to air this, so the rest of the world does not have to be bored with it.
I only wish that create and craft was a freeview channel so I could watch it in my craft room (and not bore the rest of the household with it!
385a48b8.gif
)

But I am fed up with all these CD's they keep pushing, please can we have more diversity.

I think IW are doing overkill with Crafting. As I've said before, a week without Mz W eightman & Craft is long overdue. Loved the Cartoon by the way, thanks :D

How about a whole year without Ms S Weightman maybe they will then find someone who is able to bring a greater variety of craft items and techniques.

Ahhh, you must have a cat like this one then!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w0ffwDYo00Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w0ffwDYo00Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

QUOTE]

LOVE IT!!

Haven't laughed so much in a long time :D

I was discussing the recent over-kill of the 72 hour carft-a-thon, which by the way my mum informed me as I out, that they interrupted this 72 hour for 2 hours of clothes I think she said, how weird?

Anyway, we came to the conclusion that with them only showing 1-2 items per hour in every hour, it won't be long before they go under, their sales must be pretty poor and they might get more sales from craft than anything else they sell, so with them doing 72 hours off craft and also now having advert breaks for E-45 and others, I think they may be having a few difficulties, either with money or with getting products in so the only other answer is to be doing loads of craft hours which is what they are doing.

any other ideas?

Latest posts

Back