Bored Of Qvc

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Im so bored with Qvc atm , even the shows I normally watch (mainly beauty), Im finding them so dull and boring, same old brands , same old products, that often cant be sourced elsewhere, and then the extortionate P&P, the only good thing Qvc offer for me is easy pays and the 30mbg ( which I still haven't taken advantage of yet).

Im finding the presenters and guest annoy me more than before , Cant watch shows when Craigy, Flinty or Mad Marverine are presenting.

What got me originally watching Qvc, was they had brands and products that couldn't be bought elsewhere, however they are few and far between now, and there are very few bargains on Q anymore. 90% of the items on Qvc can be easily found elsewhere at a cheaper price, yet Qvc treat there customers as if there prices are unbeatable.

I will look forward to the Yankee candle anniversary shows and all the exclusives coming to Q ( hopefully with free p&p or at least 10p P&P), the rest of the time I barely watch.

For me until Qvc start having more exclusives items and brands , and genuine bargains, I will continue to watch less and less.

i wish i could say the same, i seem to be spending more and more with them at the moment.

I have spent a fair bit with them recently as have gone for a few yankee sets and the SBC and Leighton Denny tsvs,but I find I rarely watch shows now, but just this check out the forum and see what is coming up and if I fancy it. I find the shows and same old "patter" boring now, and even the beauty shows which I used to watch a lot of tiresome, they certainly need a good shake up and some new different and perhaps quirkier brands. Selling the exclusive and rare yankee scents is a start though I suppose :nod:

Ditto Autumn! I used to watch (and order) non-stop! But now I find it all too boring to watch. If I want to buy something I usually check it out on-line. I must admit there is nothing really that interests me now, except for Kipling and Liz Earle!

Ditto here too. I thought it was just me becoming old and grumpy because the shows seemed annoying, boring and repetitive. I browse Q online but rarely buy anything these days because it`s all so old hat !

Ditto here too, I don't think I watched QVC for more than a few mins yesterday, and more or less the same today. It seem to have got very boring atm. I will not watch anything that Craig or Marverine present. Most of the fashion/handbags/beauty/jewellery are just more of the same.

I don't watch so much now because I dislike a lot of the presenters and their hard sell tactics. I used to have it on a lot for background noise but have gone back to the News. Thanks to the super sleuths SCW and Autumn I don't need to check the shows and website so just watch the shows like YC and some beauty brands if there is a TSV or OTO on.

Just like all the previous posters I have gone from being a real addict to finding it boring, boring and even more boring. I've never had much interest in the beauty shows so that is 80% out for me (was there always this amount of beauty?). Looking at what I've ordered lately it has been items not easily sourced in my neck of the woods so I would love more original products and less steam mops.

The presenters annoy me more each presentation so tend to actually watch less and less and rarely have the sound turned up. This forum keeps me up to date with anything I may be interested in. In fact I have purchased more as a result of discussions on here rather than the hard sell from the Q presenters.

Beauty shows (which are generally what I watch for) are getting the worst. The saaaaame products all the time, Everyday Beauty, Beauty Fix, Friday Night Beauty, the same things on and onnnn and onnnn.

I am convinced that the person who thinks up different titles for the same old show/day/weekend is the busiest person working at Q. A new spin on what is effectively flogging a dead horse.

Beauty shows (which are generally what I watch for) are getting the worst. The saaaaame products all the time, Everyday Beauty, Beauty Fix, Friday Night Beauty, the same things on and onnnn and onnnn.

Exactly. And there are so many brands who get absolutely no coverage, which would be more interesting to see as they're something a bit different. But no, it's always the same old crap over and over and over... If they spread it out a bit, promoted all the beauty brands they have equally(and there are loads,) then no one would get bored because there'd be so much variety. There are loads of brands that have stuff on the website but have never been on air, what's the point of them being there? They'll hardly sell anything because no one ever sees them.

I hardly watch now, not even as background noise. Where has all the nice kitchen stuff gone? I don't buy many beauty products and hate their fashion. I've been buying much more from the GOHS recently and enjoying it, too!

As a male i used to enjoy techie and gardening and diy but now as far as gardening is concerned it's the RJ show, diy it's Simon Biaggi who they seem to think is some sort of expert although as a tradesman myself i find him a pain in the neck, and techie shows used to sell tvs dvd players etc now its all tablets etc .

I find the beauty , gardening, fashion, home ware, fashion jewellery shows very tedious. I refuse to watch some presenters/guests regardless of the show (Debs Flint, JFranks, R Jackson,Diane Gilman, Nina Leonard,Mally) I now only watch specific shows but am very disappointed that P&P costs are still so high and delivery takes so long. This does affect the amount of things I buy. I also think twice because I have returned quite a bit lately due to poor quality products and I am awaiting the " letter" because I am sceptical about the " no quibble" mug.

Last edited:
I shouldn't think the Q will be too happy, if they read this forum. Viewers do seem to be abandoning the channel in droves, and this is the rule rather than the exception. I certainly don't watch anywhere near as much. I tend to use the website if I am looking for a specific item, and to check the tv guide.

I hardly buy anything from them now and very rarely watch an entire show. I find that shows, where only one product is being demonstrated, bore me rigid like Dyson shows, the H20 steamer, Diet Chef, pilates etc etc. I don't watch Gatineau, Elemis or Decleor shows because I don't use those products and I don't see the point of watching demonstrations of how to put cream on your face. I am not 'into' handbags or shoes and so those shows pass me by too. There are also a couple of the presenters who grate on me so if they are presenting products I change channels.

They are becoming more like IW in as far as they seem to focus on the same 'brands' over and over again. They're even repeating TSVs on a regular basis. Considering the size of their inventory I am surprised that a greater range of their products isn't aired. Sometimes it's like watching Groundhog Day.

I do occasionally watch a presentation to learn more about it but then I invariably go online and can source it cheaper elsewhere (with the exception of the GTech AirRam :wink)

Agree with all the above. I've hardly watched at all for a good while now, and of the last three things I ordered, I only received two and sent one back. It's all got far too dull for me.

I browse the site but hardly ever watch. What gets me is the standard has slipped so much. So many colour mix ups with TSVS recently and I keep reading about people recieving USED ítems.UGGH! I am buying far less as the p+p is really expensive now and there are so many other sites with free delivery. OK the MBG and EP makes it worth it sometimes but I shop around more before buying from Q. I agree some of the presentes are very offputting!

Latest posts

Back