Bose TSV 25/10/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As it is the day for putting clocks back, luckily most of mine are radio controlled, even my watch, so do it automatically.

ALL my radios have automatically reset themselves EXCEPT THE BOSE which has no automatic adjustment.

It is a faff to set the time, using the remote control, and you will be very lucky if you can set it to the nearest minute, and I like accurate timepieces.

As it is the day for putting clocks back, luckily most of mine are radio controlled, even my watch, so do it automatically.

ALL my radios have automatically reset themselves EXCEPT THE BOSE which has no automatic adjustment.

It is a faff to set the time, using the remote control, and you will be very lucky if you can set it to the nearest minute, and I like accurate timepieces.
My I phone and computer reset themselves automatically, but my radio alarm Sony doesn't for some reason...however, if I switch off the power to it and reconnect it'll right itself, I suppose you could do that with the bose rather than faff around?

My I phone and computer reset themselves automatically, but my radio alarm Sony doesn't for some reason...however, if I switch off the power to it and reconnect it'll right itself, I suppose you could do that with the bose rather than faff around?
NO, it doesn't even have the technology to do that, and if you have a power cut you have to set the time again.

I was hoping the new one would now do it automatically, but no, the man said all you have to do is plug it in and set the clock!

The Wave radio is now very dated technology, it is only the plinth which has been updated to give Bluetooth and internet radio (IN FACT, did they mention internet radio, I will have to listen again, as I can only remember things like Spotify). Mine does have internet radio from all over the world.

BUT the plinth is not easy to set up, he didn't even mentiona bout etting this up, and I had so many problems with mine (Mk 1) that I had to ring them, and they had lots of problems. As far as I can remember, it will need your router password, which you can probably do with the app, but there wasn't an app when I got mine and it was very complicated to set up.

BTW my OH has one of my radios in her bedroom. The alarm was set for 0655 OLD TIME, but it woke her up at that time, which was 0555 NEW TIME, and THEN it reset itself to the new time lol. So it woke her up an hour too early!

Last edited:
There is NO MENTION of it receiving internet radio stations in the video or the description, unlike the earlier models.

I use this feature a lot, not just for listening to worldwide radio, but also for "local" stations that are not local to you eg (a made up example) Radio Scotland.

So I would not buy it for myself, even if I didn't have one.

As usual with QVC, it's what they DON'T TELL YOU which is more important than what they do say.

Also just noticed, in answer to a question, it does NOT HAVE DAB+, which is the latest version.

So the DAB radio is out of date.

I've asked a question about internet radio, but I'm sure the answer would be NO.

And even the music streaming is not built in, that comes from your phone or tablet via Bluetooth or the internet.

Latest posts

Back