Brand Ambassador Anouska Lancaster

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dream Girl

Registered Shopper
Presenting Kelly Hoppen designs with Jackie this afternoon she said along the lines of:
‘If you were supermarket shopping, I don’t think you could get rugs as low priced as these and these are designer.’
’With nest of tables you often think charity shops, grandmothers twin set and pearls but Kelly has put her own slant on these.’
Well that sounds to me insensitive snobbery at its very best and of course went completely over ditsy Jackie Kabler’s head, who didn‘t even try to smooth over the comments.

Presenting Kelly Hoppen designs with Jackie this afternoon she said along the lines of:
‘If you were supermarket shopping, I don’t think you could get rugs as low priced as these and these are designer.’
’With nest of tables you often think charity shops, grandmothers twin set and pearls but Kelly has put her own slant on these.’
Well that sounds to me insensitive snobbery at its very best and of course went completely over ditsy Jackie Kabler’s head, who didn‘t even try to smooth over the comments.
And she sneers when she makes these ridiculous comments. Did you see the bathroom ladder ? So badly constructed.

She is the BA who is always merching her holiday let and her design services on air, if I remember rightly.
It is bad enough Q pay presenters and allow it, but I'm surprised Kelly Hoppen allows it. I know she comes across as somewhat supercilious, but one of her stated reasons for coming on Q was to make "democratise" her brand, I can recall her saying this many times when she used to appear in person ..so why is she putting up with this snobbiness?

I prefer the man that used to present this Show who also did Tiffany Lights.

Has no-one told her that those who upcycle furniture practically crawl over each other at charity shops to nab those nest of tables !!! Long before it became fashionable I bought a cheap mirrored overmantle in the unfashionable Jacobean Oak, and had it professionally repainted in white, so "up yours" Annie !

Tell her to look at Michelle Hope for the twin sets (and a lot of grandmothers are in their 40s !), and I've lost count of the pearl jewellery I own !

She's very North London Yummy Mummy, is our Anouska - or at least that's the image she wants to portray. Big black sunglasses and a giant black Range Rover (that she can't park).

If you've seen 'Motherland', then you'll recognize that character - it's Amanda.
Last time I saw her on Instagram she was driving a pink vintage car. I like her and her colourful styling. As I always say,if we were all the same how ****** boring would that be😃

Now he was a big snob and became quite snappy towards the end.

I don’t mind what she says, but I do mind that she says it with a sneer - both facial and verbal. Smug and snob.
Very much 'better' than us plebs. Unlike, say, Alison Cork who is also trying to do 'high end', but she doesn't come across nearly as disdainful or high-handed of her audience as Princess Anouska..

The man with the Greek name and the mane of hair. Yes, I liked him too.

Has no-one told her that those who upcycle furniture practically crawl over each other at charity shops to nab those nest of tables !!! Long before it became fashionable I bought a cheap mirrored overmantle in the unfashionable Jacobean Oak, and had it professionally repainted in white, so "up yours" Annie !

Tell her to look at Michelle Hope for the twin sets (and a lot of grandmothers are in their 40s !), and I've lost count of the pearl jewellery I own !
Yes. Up yours sideways, Annie!

She is the BA who is always merching her holiday let and her design services on air, if I remember rightly.
It is bad enough Q pay presenters and allow it, but I'm surprised Kelly Hoppen allows it. I know she comes across as somewhat supercilious, but one of her stated reasons for coming on Q was to make "democratise" her brand, I can recall her saying this many times when she used to appear in person ..so why is she putting up with this snobbiness?
Democratize her brand? How good of her to condescend to schlep her stuff to the great unwashed qvc customer. Knowing she said this, I dislike her even more.

Very much 'better' than us plebs. Unlike, say, Alison Cork who is also trying to do 'high end', but she doesn't come across nearly as disdainful or high-handed of her audience as Princess Anouska..
Some people give the impression that they're doing you a favour by selling you something. I've seen Ms Lancaster on the Culinary Concepts stand at Chelsea Flower Show a few times, she's exactly as I expected & there was a great deal of braying between the staff.

KH saying she wanted to democratize her brand is a pretty stupid statement considering it's mass produced tat so hardly exclusive; there are 536 items available on eBay at present so us underlings can fill our boots should we so desire.

I put democratise because I can't remember the exact word she used. If I have given the impression it was an exact quote, I apologise.

Some people give the impression that they're doing you a favour by selling you something. I've seen Ms Lancaster on the Culinary Concepts stand at Chelsea Flower Show a few times, she's exactly as I expected & there was a great deal of braying between the staff.
It seems from this blog, that she's doing KH a favour by switching from her normal bright and colourful to KH neutral. They are so far apart I have no idea how she rationalises selling the two extremes.
I decided to found Noushka Design as I was bored of seeing nondescript interiors. Interiors that were lifeless, dull, and that didn't tell a story. I often use fashion as a parallel when it comes to explaining my philosophy on Interior Design: You should dress your house, like you dress yourself. I rarely see anyone going out top to toe in grey cotton, without an accessory or even a handbag. What you wear speaks volumes about your personality, your individuality and your sense of style. Your interior should do the same.

Wow.

It seems from this blog, that she's doing KH a favour by switching from her normal bright and colourful to KH neutral. They are so far apart I have no idea how she rationalises selling the two extremes.

Wow.
That blog sounds like a direct dig at Kelly.
Also she misses the purpose of simple neutral interiors for many people: a bright and eclectic look is not for everyone. You may come home for a sanctuary, and peace.. even if you wear peacock colours all day when you are out and about...maybe you crave peahen colours to unwind

So Chloe earlier this morning disclosed she went to Cornwall recently so that would be her honeymoon then. Just during the Bundleberry hour whilst showing AL car with Amanda’s hat boxes, she commented that she’d recently stayed in her cottage and that it’s full of Bundleberry stuff.

Latest posts

Back