Brands we’ve lost that America still has

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Even in eek there were different brands and styles. UK jewellery on Q isn't entertaining to watch. Anyone remember the totally over the top David Sigal, who also used to do scarves as well as dramatic costume jewellery pieces? He was so entertaining to watch, and was forever running around the counter to give a close up of the detail he was talking about. He's still on selly telly, but The Shopping Channel.
Oh yes I remember him, he was fun to watch.

I used to love, and still have some pieces by Temp-tations (not jewellery its kitchenware !), and the American website is full of the stuff ! Why we don't get it here is a mystery - like a lot of other useful 'stuff'.

Was just looking at the American site, particularly the jewellery, & noticed that they still have brands that are no longer available on our U.K. site eg Honora, Carolyo Pollack, Judith Ripka, Veronese plus several others.
Why is that do you think?
Haven't seen Dennis Basso for awhile.

I recently bought some earrings from this site as a birthday gift for my son`s partner and they were ever so pretty and reminded me in a way of the Kimberley Selwood stuff.

I`ve got my eye on the lily of the valley necklace LATI. I`m tempted but so far I`m sitting on my hands and my debit card.

He was to jewellery hours what Lenny was to fashion hours... warm, funny, and completely off the rails. I lived for those hours.
And Sami on IW with his hair spray stiffener stuff that gave you hair like Tova but without the raccoon stripes. Remember him on with sticking plaster by his ears after a procedure.

Remember when AY went over to QVC US and did shows from there? Then there was Michael DiCesare and his hair stuff. I did buy but hated the smell and very strong hold which I am not a fan of. I know he went to IW for a short period, developed cancer disappeared then years later returned to QVC for a short period.

They did jewellery shows live from Italy from the gold fare each year. I used to shout at the screen, "Show me white gold!" :ROFLMAO: Hey, I have a number of white gold 9ct bracelets and necklaces plus earring and I still wear them.

NY gems, the man never came over again after 9/11 and was replaced by Viva Las Vegas gems. The first man did the most gorgeous London Blue Topaz earrings and I so wanted them, but it was the wrong time of the pay circle and I could not afford them. Strange what things stick in your mind.

I recently bought some earrings from this site as a birthday gift for my son`s partner and they were ever so pretty and reminded me in a way of the Kimberley Selwood stuff.
love the Daisy earrings I have some Clogau gold ones like that. Rose gold in the middle and yellow gold petals. Beyond lovely!

New York Gems and Viva Las Vegas were lovely, not that I could afford much of it! I liked California Style jewellery, South Western Silver, Lee Sands and others.

CC
I bought a Viva Las Vegas ring off eBay this week for a bargain price of £111.00. It’s a beautiful ring with lots of different colours of sapphire. It’s a ring that I always admired when it appeared on QVC but couldn’t justify at the time. What with it being in my exact size I couldn’t resist it this time! I’m wearing round the house for now to cheat me up.

They look really nice.

Yes and I like the fact that many of the earrings have options such as having lever backs instead of hooks and many of the pendants give you a choice of chain lengths.
What did you choose for the partner, V?

My only reservation is that silver tarnishes so, & make my ears go black & upset. Wish they'd show the rings on a hand & that I could zoom in.

What did you choose for the partner, V?

My only reservation is that silver tarnishes so, & make my ears go black & upset. Wish they'd show the rings on a hand & that I could zoom in.
I chose the snowdrop earrings SB. Her birthday was in February and the snowdrops in their garden were still in bloom and she`s a keen gardener, also a keen cook but they didn`t have earrings shaped as a sausage or a T bone lol. She works as a Doctor in a hospital so always wears simple stud earrings for work but likes dangly ones for other times. I`ll get her the matching pendant for Christmas.

Latest posts

Back