Brands we’ve lost that America still has

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In the past I’ve picked them up cheaply in TKMaxx. Not been in since before lockdown last year, don’t know if it’s even open, probably not.
I’ve still got an old pair of the wooden soled Scholls. Like new they are as I darent wear them in case I accidentally step on a dog’s 🐾

In the past I’ve picked them up cheaply in TKMaxx. Not been in since before lockdown last year, don’t know if it’s even open, probably not.
I’ve still got an old pair of the wooden soled Scholls. Like new they are as I darent wear them in case I accidentally step on a dog’s 🐾
I bought some handmade slip on wooden clogs with leather uppers off ebay. They`re great but make a heck of a noise on laminate floors even though they have rubber soles.

My mum loved her Scholls, her favourite ones were midnight blue leather ones. She was a glorious lady & a wonderful mum, however, she was a smacker & could have one of these off her foot & slapping the back of my legs before I knew she'd even moved her hand.

Does anyone remember Pre-Zerve anti-tranish jewellery organisers? I still keep my stuff in one.
I bought one of the full length mirror jewellery cabinets years ago and it's probably one of my best purchases from QVC, holds all my silver jewellery and nothing has ever tarnished when kept in there.
Those were the days when QVC used to sell useful and unusual stuff.

I bought one of the full length mirror jewellery cabinets years ago and it's probably one of my best purchases from QVC, holds all my silver jewellery and nothing has ever tarnished when kept in there.
Those were the days when QVC used to sell useful and unusual stuff.
I always wanted one of those but never got around to ordering it, then it disappeared.

I always wanted one of those but never got around to ordering it, then it disappeared.
Keep watching ebay, strato. I bought another case for under a tenner including postage not so long ago but it wasn't sold as Pre-Zerve, just as a jewellery organiser, so search on jewellery cabinet stand mirror etc and see what comes up.

I tried some Birkies from QVC years ago. They went back because they made my feet look like boats and also, despite trying to wear them in as advised by tromping about indoors for a few days, they were the most uncomfortable shoes I’ve ever ever bought.

My mum loved her Scholls, her favourite ones were midnight blue leather ones. She was a glorious lady & a wonderful mum, however, she was a smacker & could have one of these off her foot & slapping the back of my legs before I knew she'd even moved her hand.
My mum favoured large wooden spoons!
Bad enough most of the time but awful if you were in the bath with a warm wet behind!!

I had some Scholls eventually after enduring some knock-offs. My brother got a nasty lip infection from Scholls after a girl we were playing out with threw one at him. He was probably winding her up, but his mouth and lips swelled up and he had a rough time of it waiting for time and antibiotics to do their stuff.

I have probably around 15 pairs, maybe more, after getting rid of a few.
I liked that Q had Papillio, Birki and original Birkenstocks. Q used to do loads of different styles not just Gizeh and Madrid that you could find anywhere...plus sparkly and leopard print ones.
I since bought from Amazon and Vent Privee (though sadly that's gone by the wayside since Brexit), but the ones I've enjoyed the most have really been the Q ones from my earliest shopping days with Q.

Last edited:
My mum favoured large wooden spoons!
Bad enough most of the time but awful if you were in the bath with a warm wet behind!!

I had some Scholls eventually after enduring some knock-offs. My brother got a nasty lip infection from Scholls after a girl we were playing out with threw one at him. He was probably winding her up, but his mouth and lips swelled up and he had a rough time of it waiting for time and antibiotics to do their stuff.

I have probably around 15 pairs, maybe more, after getting rid of a few.
I liked that Q had Papillio, Birki and original Birkenstocks. Q used to do loads of different styles not just Gizeh and Madrid that you could find anywhere...plus sparkly and leopard print ones.
I since bought from Amazon and Vent Privee (though sadly that's gone by the wayside since Brexit), but the ones I've enjoyed the most have really been the Q ones from my earliest shopping days with Q.
I had patterned ones from the Q including a lovely red pair with flowers & ladybirds.

I love Birkenstocks but they got hideously pricey. I got some Disney ones from Germany and they were really different. I've worn them to death. I find them comfy but I have very wide feet and a lot of shoes just won't go.

CC

Latest posts

Back