Brenda Edwards TSV 7/3/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Credit to Brenda she did button up a jacket she was wearing (although it did look to tight)it’s a pity Womble Helmet cannot do the same.
Just seen a bit of Ruthie’s offerings with a short denim jacket that even on the slimmest of models doesn’t look as though it will button.Then looking at the size chart the bust measurements just go up in 1” increments.I think I would need to order 4 sizes up ( not that I am in any danger of going any where near it)

I can't get my head around (not literally!) the frilly waistband and tie belt. The tie belt seems like an extra piece that they included as an after thought. Of course, as Merry pointed out, they've told us we can tie it around our, neck head, hat, etc. I like the cargo trousers and the black cross body phone bag.
Probably using up the spare material??🤣

I think the bit of material known as the belt was meant to cover that waist seam, but with the waist being too high, on the models at least the ‘belt‘ would find the natural waistline, leaving the gap between the two.The ‘designer’ missed that hour in her design school education, or maybe took a coffee break?

Just seen a bit of Ruthie’s offerings with a short denim jacket that even on the slimmest of models doesn’t look as though it will button.Then looking at the size chart the bust measurements just go up in 1” increments.I think I would need to order 4 sizes up ( not that I am in any danger of going any where near it)
I'm fed up with these 1" increments, and decided to point my camera at the Whatsapp thingy on the screen so I could ask her on air why this is so. Ha ! impossible. I got the reply that the asking questions service was not in use - WTF does that mean ? I suppose the Whatsapp is only for the grovelling who tell them how wonderful they are.

Funny how all the poly stuff goes up in a lot more bust inches. The jacket size 20 is a stupid 43" bust - and this was the bust size that Jackie was wearing in the Small blouse. Why does'nt someone take her to task on this.

Ruthless keeps saying she's been asked for this and that, and how she listens to the viewers, so how the hell does she get these messages then ????

I'm fed up with these 1" increments, and decided to point my camera at the Whatsapp thingy on the screen so I could ask her on air why this is so. Ha ! impossible. I got the reply that the asking questions service was not in use - WTF does that mean ? I suppose the Whatsapp is only for the grovelling who tell them how wonderful they are.

Funny how all the poly stuff goes up in a lot more bust inches. The jacket size 20 is a stupid 43" bust - and this was the bust size that Jackie was wearing in the Small blouse. Why does'nt someone take her to task on this.

Ruthless keeps saying she's been asked for this and that, and how she listens to the viewers, so how the hell does she get these messages then ????
Crazy sizes. They don't make sense, Ruth and your team. Denim & Co and Nina Leonard are more dependable on their sizing. The BA's often tell us that these are 'generous American sizes.' The same with Quacker. Buying your correct size is crucial when ordering online, whether clothes or shoes if you don't want to fork out for returns. QVC are too haphazard about this. If Ruth wants her customers to have faith in her claims of listening and complying with requests, she has to make some big changes on her sizing guide. Fast.

Blame the underlings although Ruthie is good at the ‘I have done this’, ‘I think that ’ I would be surprised if she gets past placing a tick/ brief comment against the selection put together for her to cast her ‘designer eye’ over.

Having a look at the rest of Brenda's offerings that have now arrived on the website - It seems that the jumpsuit was the best of a bad lot. There's a trousers/top combo that nobody in their right mind would wear out in public. Some baggy looking tunics, leggings and a biker jacket. Who fgs pays £60 for a pair of black leggings? Suedette (Euggh) waterfall sleeveless waistcoat that comes down to your knees and looks like it's been cut with kitchen scissors= over £60, and £39 for a blinking t shirt - they're calling it a top, so that makes it ok does it? and as for the slogan? Well I'd say if you're going to cross words over each other what is spelled needs to make sense, what's OBL and VEI & IE supposed to mean? It just looks stupid.
Please Q, we don't need any more "celebrity designers" jumping on the bandwagon, and we don't need any more poly/elastin!

Last edited:
No wonder she maniacally keeps laughing on her presentations - at the prices charged, the numbers sold and the plonkers who are buying it, she must think its easy money to just lend your name to rubbish clothes, diamonique stuff they can't shift, and a few odds and sods like bags that are gathering dust in the stock room.

I saw a couple of minutes of her jewellery show last night.
Now, going back 10 years or so, Q would always say that they would only ever sell 'Eek in either silver or 14ct gold but it seems now that they're happy to sell it in plated brass looking at last nights offerings.

I saw a couple of minutes of her jewellery show last night.
Now, going back 10 years or so, Q would always say that they would only ever sell 'Eek in either silver or 14ct gold but it seems now that they're happy to sell it in plated brass looking at last nights offerings.
Just had a look,dreadful looking clothes and prices.
I like cargo pants but not at that price!!!!!!

Having a look at the rest of Brenda's offerings that have now arrived on the website - It seems that the jumpsuit was the best of a bad lot. There's a trousers/top combo that nobody in their right mind would wear out in public. Some baggy looking tunics, leggings and a biker jacket. Who fgs pays £60 for a pair of black leggings? Suedette (Euggh) waterfall sleeveless waistcoat that comes down to your knees and looks like it's been cut with kitchen scissors= over £60, and £39 for a blinking t shirt - they're calling it a top, so that makes it ok does it? and as for the slogan? Well I'd say if you're going to cross words over each other what is spelled needs to make sense, what's OBL and VEI & IE supposed to mean? It just looks stupid.
Please Q, we don't need any more "celebrity designers" jumping on the bandwagon, and we don't need any more poly/elastin!
Those flowery trousers and shirt are indeed eye wateringly nasty. I noticed that the pockets of the suedette waistcoat were flapping about and totally visible when being modelled; no attempt to anchor them to the rest of the garment. Not acceptable from a designer of such high caliber who has clearly never played scrabble in her life. OBL, VEI and IE equals no points at all!!

Those flowery trousers and shirt are indeed eye wateringly nasty. I noticed that the pockets of the suedette waistcoat were flapping about and totally visible when being modelled; no attempt to anchor them to the rest of the garment. Not acceptable from a designer of such high caliber who has clearly never played scrabble in her life. OBL, VEI and IE equals no points at all!!
🤣🤣

Nobody looks good in a flappy long waistcoat, the slender don't need to as there are no lumps and bumps to hide, and the amply covered shouldn't either because it accentuates and exaggerates the size of the upper arms, and sitting on an ample ar$e is certainly not a good look.

I thought Ruth was not allowed to wear her designs on ITV, Brenda Edwards was on Lorraine the other day talking about her designs, looked like something from the seventies...

Well, if she laughingly 'designed' this current collection in 2020/21 as she says she did, then we may have other summer/winter/summer "collections" to endure if they are already in the pipeline. Old Ruthless maintains she's already 'designing' the winter season of 2024 !!!! Pass the Diazepam !

Latest posts

Back