Bulk buy soaps

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Vienna

Registered Shopper
My granddaughters are taking a real interest in the environment and have persuaded their Mum and me to try to avoid plastic as much as possible. I`ve been using soap and shampoo bars from a brand called Friendly Soap but they also have another site where you can bulk buy soap offcuts at a really good price. Ideal to share with friends or family and if you buy 3 boxes then delivery is free. There`s scented soaps, fragrance free soaps, shampoo bars and shaving soaps.

Hope it's okay to post this here, TillyOak is doing 20% discount this weekend only, with the code JULQXP20. Free delivery as always.

My granddaughters are taking a real interest in the environment and have persuaded their Mum and me to try to avoid plastic as much as possible. I`ve been using soap and shampoo bars from a brand called Friendly Soap but they also have another site where you can bulk buy soap offcuts at a really good price. Ideal to share with friends or family and if you buy 3 boxes then delivery is free. There`s scented soaps, fragrance free soaps, shampoo bars and shaving soaps.
I love these soaps & usually buy them from Ethical Superstore but this is too good to miss - order's been sent. Thank you Vienna.

Am tempted by a box of the scented soaps but never tried Friendly brand before...

When it says off-cuts do you know how big the pieces are at all?
Wondering if they’re slivers of soap or huge lumps if you see what I mean?

Also any idea how long they would last before needing to be used? (Will share them but even so it’s a lot of soap!)

Sorry couldn’t see any answers on this or their regular website but will contact them direct if you don’t know and/or don’t reply!

Thank you for posting! :)

Am tempted by a box of the scented soaps but never tried Friendly brand before...

When it says off-cuts do you know how big the pieces are at all?
Wondering if they’re slivers of soap or huge lumps if you see what I mean?

Also any idea how long they would last before needing to be used? (Will share them but even so it’s a lot of soap!)

Sorry couldn’t see any answers on this or their regular website but will contact them direct if you don’t know and/or don’t reply!

Thank you for posting! :)
Mine are due to be delivered today Loopy. I`m sharing them with my DIL and granddaughters so I`ll let you know the size of the soaps etc. As far as I`m aware, I doubt soap actually goes "off" so I daresay the blocks will last for a long long time. I have some soaps in my drawers which have been in there for years and are just fine. I`ve used the brand of Friendly Soap for a while and find it a perfectly good brand and cheaper than many other ethical brands.

My soaps have just arrived. There are 16 pieces in each box and all pieces are of a good size, no slivers just slightly wonky shaped bars. Each box contains 1.4 kg weight so each slice weighs roughly 88 grams, some slightly bigger than others. A normal bar from this brand is 100g so as you can tell, they`re not much smaller than a full sized bar, just mis-shapen. I`m very happy with them and the whole of the packaging is recyclable which is a bonus. Hope that helps Loopy ?

My soaps have just arrived. There are 16 pieces in each box and all pieces are of a good size, no slivers just slightly wonky shaped bars. Each box contains 1.4 kg weight so each slice weighs roughly 88 grams, some slightly bigger than others. A normal bar from this brand is 100g so as you can tell, they`re not much smaller than a full sized bar, just mis-shapen. I`m very happy with them and the whole of the packaging is recyclable which is a bonus. Hope that helps Loopy ?
Brilliant, I always have four pieces in use so a box of 16 is great. I love the imperfects in life, spend my time looking for & buying vintage clothes & last week at the Emma Bridgewater seconds shop we bought a rejected personalised mug, when my Mr T has a coffee he becomes Mrs Spensley.

Thanks so much for both of your replies and sorry only just been up to coming on now so hadn't seen until now.

Really helpful information, thank you for taking the time!

And you’ve (helped!) to convince me toahead and order a box :)

I love “perfectly imperfect” things too these sound ideal.

And I’m thinking I may be able to wrap some up in Kraft paper and give to my God-mum and people too :)

thanks again x

Brilliant, I always have four pieces in use so a box of 16 is great. I love the imperfects in life, spend my time looking for & buying vintage clothes & last week at the Emma Bridgewater seconds shop we bought a rejected personalised mug, when my Mr T has a coffee he becomes Mrs Spensley.
That made me laugh!
Suppose they’re never going to find - or struggle to - a true Mr Spensley so why not?!
They are lovely mugs - was lucky enough to be given one for my birthday last year by a friend and I know they’re ££ at full price! X

Latest posts

Back