Bundleberry by Amanda Holden TSV 15/10/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I see ambitious has got her tits out again, but this time its to be 'inspiring' to women - in the form of having a mammogram. She doesn't stop does she. She must be the least inspiring woman - well, second to MeMe Markle, on the planet. What she'll do for a bit of publicity.
Or maybe she’s actually not a bad human being and is using her fame for a great cause that could genuinely save lives. Good on her.

Over 70's are not able to get one atm due to a back log so U have been informed.
I noticed that she is 49 but I was quite sure that you don't get "invited" for a screening until you are 50. In fact our surgery nurse warned me that it could be up to a year later than that. Mind you, if it brings more women go for it I am all for it.

Well, she's always been good column inches fodder, from leaving the chorus line when she nabbed Les Dennis, the menage a trois with Neil Morrissey, showing her a.....se on Good Morning when she stood in for HW, publicising her personal despair when grieving, and her love of garnering critical responses to her dress choices. Wouldn't be my choice as a mate or as someone for 'inspiration'.

Over 70's are not able to get one atm due to a back log so U have been informed.
Thanks for the heads up... but I have a fair few years to go until I reach that landmark birthday😂. I am expecting the backlog to be cleared by then - or will it 🤔

I h
Thanks for the heads up... but I have a fair few years to go until I reach that landmark birthday😂. I am expecting the backlog to be cleared by then - or will it 🤔
I had my last automatic mammagram just before my 69th birthday. After my last one I was given a card with the date I was due for one but it was up to me to ring. Mine is due this month but,after reading the news re over 70's I thought I would wait until after Christmas.

I h

I had my last automatic mammagram just before my 69th birthday. After my last one I was given a card with the date I was due for one but it was up to me to ring. Mine is due this month but,after reading the news re over 70's I thought I would wait until after Christmas.
After the last one that I had where I had a trainee mauling me about and felt that she was going to pop my boob where she clamped me in so tight I am in no hurry to get back there.
The first one I had was actually the day after my 50th birthday, nurse was wrong there, and it was carried out by 2 lovely oriental ladies. They kept wishing me a happy birthday 😳

I didn't know it was such a painful procedure. It sounds barbaric. I thought they'd apply some gel to your boobs and use that ultrasound wand, or whatever it's called.

I’ve been offered a mammogram a few times but the thought of having my chesticles in a vice like grip, doesn’t really appeal.

I didn't know it was such a painful procedure. It sounds barbaric. I thought they'd apply some gel to your boobs and use that ultrasound wand, or whatever it's called.
Unfortunately not. “They” are individually clamped between plates at the most difficult angles .

Still it is a small price to pay every (5?] years

Any treatment that is able to detect anything sinister early is worth having. The mammogram with a good practitioner can take less than 10 minutes. Even the home kit for poo samples is not pleasant but what the hell, whatever it takes.

My only exception to the above would be having an Endoscopy without anaesthetic - NOT recommended. I had one earlier this year, and because I lived on my own they wouldn't give me anaesthetic, so I had to endure the most tortuous 10 minutes of my life. It felt like a hosepipe being stuffed down my throat (with a camera to see my stomach), and of course I was continually gagging and burping because of the air being pumped. It was medieval. The only upside was I was able to leave after tea and biscuits, but the anaesthetic can take over an hour recovery. So if anyone has to have one done in the future, then ensure you have an anaesthetic, - you DON'T want to be aware of whats going on.

Thankfully, nothing sinister was detected.

I noticed that she is 49 but I was quite sure that you don't get "invited" for a screening until you are 50. In fact our surgery nurse warned me that it could be up to a year later than that. Mind you, if it brings more women go for it I am all for it.
Some areas invite women who are approaching 50, I wondered if she'd had it done privately but couldn't see any branding/logo.

I've always found it extremely painful, & that's from someone who had three babies without any pain relief. The second time was the worst & I had a broken rib - good fun a week before Christmas. An ultrasound can't find the early signs which is why we endure the big metal squeeze.

Latest posts

Back